Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
roflmao, PNP was here the whole time?! He snuck back in the same day he was given the ol' heave-ho! Ballsy.

I doubt this. I saw upper case letters.

A sure sign it wasn't PnP

The same twisted logic seems there though.. Excusing the behavior and blaming it on the game Hollywood plays..

This hurts though.. He was a role model for the community... (@) EDIT (@) Cosby was the role model.. The way I wrote that could have meant PNP was the role model.
Bring back postandpivot and LuxuryBrown

I agree with all the JLin-stans and new Kobe hate freaks are they so bad in comparison? Pnp's dogged defense of his nonsensical points were pretty hilarious.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
roflmao, PNP was here the whole time?! He snuck back in the same day he was given the ol' heave-ho! Ballsy.

The same twisted logic seems there though.. Excusing the behavior and blaming it on the game Hollywood plays..

This hurts though.. He was a role model for the community... @ EDIT @ Cosby was the role model.. The way I wrote that could have meant PNP was the role model.

I agree with all the JLin-stans and new Kobe hate freaks are they so bad in comparison? Pnp's dogged defense of his nonsensical points were pretty hilarious.

One was not nonsensical, it was outright bigotry.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/woman-sues-bill-cosby-claiming-underage-abuse-020400571.html
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:

This hurts though.. He was a role model for the community... AT EDIT AT Cosby was the role model.. The way I wrote that could have meant PNP was the role model.

Oh there are outright bigots that still post here.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

It's not all that ballsy if you've been allowed to get away with it all that time . . .

. . . just like Bill was.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:

This hurts though.. He was a role model for the community... _at_ EDIT _at_ Cosby was the role model.. The way I wrote that could have meant PNP was the role model.

No matter what you wrote, no one would think that's what you meant.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:

This hurts though.. He was a role model for the community... @ EDIT @ Cosby was the role model.. The way I wrote that could have meant PNP was the role model.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Why was Cosby a role model? He was able to brand himself as being Cliff Huxtable! That's why. Nobody really thought that Carroll O'Connor was Archie Bunker. But Bill was able to make people really believe he was that guy, probably because that is what they wanted to believe. One of the greatest marketing jobs ever. Maybe only eclipsed by Alice Cooper.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Why was Cosby a role model? He was able to brand himself as being Cliff Huxtable! That's why. Nobody really thought that Carroll O'Connor was Archie Bunker. But Bill was able to make people really believe he was that guy, probably because that is what they wanted to believe. One of the greatest marketing jobs ever. Maybe only eclipsed by Alice Cooper.

Cosby had built a really strong legacy prior to being Cliff Huxtable. Between I Spy and The Cosby Kids, he'd pretty much enamored himself with the American public, from young to old.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Cosby had built a really strong legacy prior to being Cliff Huxtable. Between I Spy and The Cosby Kids, he'd pretty much enamored himself with the American public, from young to old.

But how did he do it? By presenting himself as the non-angry black man. He was what the white audience wanted. But he was an actor and a comedian doing and act. That doesn't make him that guy. He was non threatening to the white audience where as Richard Pryor scared the (bleep) out of many white people. An interesting article at this Link
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Jell-O
Fat Albert
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

But how did he do it? By presenting himself as the non-angry black man. He was what the white audience wanted. But he was an actor and a comedian doing and act. That doesn't make him that guy. He was non threatening to the white audience where as Richard Pryor scared the (bleep) out of many white people. An interesting article at this Link

I'm not disputing your point. I'm just pointing out that the public affinity for Bill Cosby and the behind the scenes influence he has exploited over the years pre-date Cliff and run deeper. The reason Cosby felt he could get away with what he (allegedly) did was because he knew that the Hollywood machine as it existed back in the day would cover for him and he knew that the women he was taking advantage of also knew that.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I don't think it's some big act that Cosby is articulate and non-threatening and thus able to "cross-over" to being accepted by white audiences. He's very mind tempered and that's how he delivered his comedy. But ultimately it's about how audiences relate to his content.

Chris Rock has a pretty aggressive delivery of his comedy, as far as his histrionics, but also non-threatening because he talks about things that everyone identifies with.

Despite Cosby's dark side with women, I think he's very much like the comedy he performs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Whether you think Cosby did it or didn't do it, why would anybody waive their rights so an ambulance chaser can sue them?
http://news.yahoo.com/cosby-urged-waive-accusers-cry-foul-225323955.html
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Whether you think Cosby did it or didn't do it, why would anybody waive their rights so an ambulance chaser can sue them?
http://news.yahoo.com/cosby-urged-waive-accusers-cry-foul-225323955.html

Just when you thought Gloria Alred couldn't become more despicable, she pulls that stunt.

Anyone even remotely paying attention over the years has heard the rumors. So I think it's fair to say that Old Bill's questionable past may be catching up on him.

However, being a creep doesn't mean you give up your rights or are fair game for what is essentially extortion.

What Gloria is saying is that Cosby can either just pay out the "settlement" she has demanded for her clients - which would essentially be admitting to guilt. Or he can appear to be the "good guy" and waive his rights so that Gloria's clients can skirt the law in order to go after him.

It's basically the whole dumping people in a well to see if they are a witch or not with a 21st century twist. If you "pass" the test and don't drown, then you are a witch and you get burned at the stake. If you "fail" the test, Congratulations, you aren't a witch, and if it weren't for the fact that you drowned while "passing" the test, you could go free.

Don't get me wrong. If Bill Cosby is guilty of all the things they say he is (and I think he is to one degree or another), he should pay the price.

But what Alred is trying to do is complete (bleep). It serves no purpose other than to line her pockets while being counter-productive to the situations she pretends to be an advocate of.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Bill should have hire Ray Donovan.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Electric Company, the answer to Sesame Street. Cosby -and- Morgan were involved with that. Both, separately, not as one jumbled-together entity. NOT, Cosby -as- Morgan, but Cosby AND Morgan. Two different people, ok? Yes....that actually was Morgan that you remember, but the other guy you ALSO also remembered as Morgan was actually Cosby. Morgan has great multiplicity and understands the physics of wormholes, but even Morgan cannot be in the same place with himself at the same time. That was The Electric Company.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

These accusations have me looking at Cosby in a different light. He doesn't look like Dr Huxtable anymore. His facial appearance has changed. Can't put my finger on it, he just doesn't have the comedic look of innocence any more.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Electric Company, the answer to Sesame Street. Cosby -and- Morgan were involved with that. Both, separately, not as one jumbled-together entity. NOT, Cosby -as- Morgan, but Cosby AND Morgan. Two different people, ok? Yes....that actually was Morgan that you remember, but the other guy you ALSO also remembered as Morgan was actually Cosby. Morgan has great multiplicity and understands the physics of wormholes, but even Morgan cannot be in the same place with himself at the same time. That was The Electric Company.

Huh?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Just when you thought Gloria Alred couldn't become more despicable, she pulls that stunt.

Sure, but who ever thought that Gloria Allred couldn't become more despicable?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sure, but who ever thought that Gloria Allred couldn't become more despicable?

Excellent point.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
These accusations have me looking at Cosby in a different light. He doesn't look like Dr Huxtable anymore. His facial appearance has changed. Can't put my finger on it, he just doesn't have the comedic look of innocence any more.

I should hope learning that any public person is a serial rapist would change your view of them.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Huh?

Exactly.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I remember when he had the Cosby show and Lisa Bonnet did a sex scene in the movie Angle Heart he thought it wasn't appropriate and it's reported he had her written out of the show.

No, she just went off to college. Like a good dad, he paid her tuition. She was dorm mates with Marissa Tomei before she got all sexy on us.

I thought her dorm mate was Jaimee Foxworth.

Sadly, she took a much less fortunate trajectory. Definitely one of the darker stories to ever come out of sitcom history. Teen actors and girls especially get chewed up by that mill. When you think of the kids in Diff'rent Strokes. Jesus... Talk about collective misery. Dana got the worst as girls who grew up in the industry (because of their money grubbing parents) often do. Killed herself. She was only like 34, but she looked much older and more hardened than that. I remember her appearing on Stern maybe a few days before they found her dead and she took a bunch of the typical treatment from callers and it just may have put her into a depressed state. I heard Maureen McCormick (Marsha Brady) on Stern and even she turned into a little cute cokehead in the 70s. She admitted to doing whatever it took (yep) to score a gram or a dime from a guy at a party. She was on another show after that, iirc, and she was so (bleeped up) that she went into a closet on set and wouldn't come out. That's how they found out she was hiding a demon.

Then again, all the kids on Cosby, even Lisa, turned out well. They all credit Bill too. He was big on education "and all dat sh there," to quote Silvio. Always see him at Temple. Malcolm Jamal said he told him that he was -going- to get his diploma, no choice. That kinda paternal lead role guy, almost like Jimmy Galdolfini towards Jaime Lynn and Robert Iler, from what they say. Like CB/KB said, the overarching memory of Bill Cosby for many is THAT. I have it too, but I think neither of us believe the real man is immune to some seedy decisions behind the scenes. I love Bill Clinton dearly, but he above all else proved how incredibly stupid and weak we men can be by thinking with the little one instead of the one on our shoulders. That positive memory of Cosby is his saving grace right now. The only thing that makes anyone want to see this thing thru and wait for any kind of proof to spring up.

NPZ has definitely become one of my favorite posters on this site since my return.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

I saw a CNN special on the Cosby affair(s) and they interviewed famous model Beverly Johnson. She was one of the pioneering African-American models in the 70s, first black woman on Vogue, etc. They did a timeline of her life. When she was discovered, she was on a full-ride scholarship at Northwestern Uni, so she's not a dummy. To make this story short, she's the kind of witness on the stand that would make the defense sweat. Her speech and presentation were calm, smart, and convincing. She's not vaguely odd or an emotional shell like some of the other accusers. She comes off as a nice, caring person -- they showed her longtime involvement with a sick children's charity so she's got moral substance. Not only that, having lived in NYC for years, she had some level of real life smarts. From NPZ's POV, she sounded highly believable and I -do- believe her.

She said in the 80s, Cosby called her into a brownstone apartment in NY furnished by the network to audition, perhaps for the Cosby Show or some other project. At the time, she was looking to transition into TV. She said Bill was raving about his new cappuccino machine and insisted she try a cup. He gave it to her and she drank it and their convo went on. At some point, the story winds up in the same place as the others. She felt dizzy, very drowsy, and was slurring her words. She wanted to lay down and she said Bill put his hands on her hips.

At some point she realized that he pulled something on her because she knew that she never felt that way before. She backed away from him, cocked her head, glared at him and said, "Yer a mother (bleeper) aren't you?", meaning "I KNOW you drugged my ass bleepity bleep..." She said he was taken aback (he knew the jig was up) and he had her taken downstairs and taxi'd away. Beverly had enough self-awareness to get out of that. Seeing her talk about it, it's clear she has no reason to lie. She gave all the same reasons for why she didn't say anything, namely, she knew no one would believe her and her desires to get into TV would be dashed.

It's hard to imagine Coz doing sh like that, but it looks like he was using that old tried-n-true 70s method of knocking chics out with Quaaludes, a la Roman Polanski. Quaalude was discontinued because of rampant misuse, as was Halcion iirc. Another weird road to take is to consider what his issue was. If that was truly his style, the guy had a paraphilia at best, or a rapist's mentality at worst. You never know........people can shock you with their ability to compartmentalize their lives.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12
Jump to: