Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Official 2015 Free Agency Thread

7/3 Update:

Deandre Jordan - to Mavs
Robin Lopez - to Knicks
Brandan Wright
Jordan Hill
Ed Davis - Blazers

LaMarcus Aldridge (narrowing choices)
Draymond Green
Tobias Harris

SIGNINGS:
Kawhi Leonard (2): 5 years, $90 million with Spurs
Kevin Love (5): 5 years, $110 million with Cavaliers
Draymond Green (6): 5 years, $85 million with Warriors
Jimmy Butler (7): 5 years, $95 million with Bulls
Brook Lopez (9): 3 years, $60 million with Nets
Brandon Knight (12): 5 years, $70 million with Suns
Goran Dragic (13): 5 years, $90 million with Heat
Danny Green (14): 4 years, $45 million with Spurs
Tristan Thompson (17): 5 years, $80 million with Cavaliers
Paul Millsap (19): 3 years, $58 million with Hawks
Khris Middleton (20): 5 years, $70 million with Bucks
DeMarre Carroll (22): 4 years, $60 million with Raptors
Thaddeus Young (23): 4 years, $50 million with Nets
Jae Crowder (30): 5 years, $35 million with Celtics
Tyson Chandler (32): 4 years, $52 million with Suns
Iman Shumpert (35): 4 years, $40 million with Cavaliers
Paul Pierce (42): 3 years, $10.5 million with Clippers
Brandan Wright (43): 3 years, $18 million with Grizzlies
Al-Farouq Aminu (46) 4 years, $30 million with Trail Blazers
Omer Asik (47): 5 years, $60 million with Pelicans
Amir Johnson (49): 2 years, $24 million with Celtics
Mike Dunleavy (60): 3 years, $15 million with Bulls
Kyle Singler (68): 5 years, $25 million with Thunder
Jonas Jerebko (87): 2 years, $10 million with Celtics
Alexis Ajinca (97): 4 years, $20 million with Pelicans

Well, we're starting early but there is nothing to look forward to this season. And since we'll have a ton of cap space in next year's free agency period, the FO will have over $25 million to play with if they decide not to bring back JLin, Jordan Hill and Ed Davis. So Kobe, Randle, Young, Clarkson, Kelly and Sacre will still be on the team for a total of $37.9 million.

Here are up coming free agents that I think can be had:

Marc Gasol - Unrestricted free agent, but could sign with the Knicks to play with Carmelo and for Phil Jackson or sign back with the Grizzlies for that extra year and he currently has no incentive to leave, the Grizzlies are pretty good.

Rajon Rondo - Unrestricted free agent, I have no doubt Rondo wants the max and he probably deserves it but it will be a high risk high reward signing because Rondo wouldn't want to be part of a rebuilding process and his health is a bit of a concern at this point.

DeAndre Jordan - Unrestricted free agent, I personally think we should throw money at DeAndre if we can't get Gasol, he along with Gasol are exactly the type of defensive big men we need to pair with someone like Greg Monroe. It will be difficult however to get him so sign with us since the clippers are our rivals and we have no current point guards to throw him lobs like Chris Paul could.

Kawhi Leonard - Restricted free agent, I don't think we have the slightest chance of signing him. The Lakers typically don't go after restricted free agents because you'd most likely have to over pay to get them. Also in my personal opinion I don't think he is a max player but I wouldn't be oppose to us trying our luck to see if San Antonio wouldn't match which I think they would.

Greg Monroe - Unrestricted free agent. Going after Greg Monroe should be number 1 on our priority list next year. He is almost a sure thing, he can be had but our FO should negotiate with him first and not just throw the biggest figure they can come up with at him.

Reggie Jackson - Restricted free agent. He too can be had, I can almost guarantee that if the FO offers him a max contract in the range of $13-14 million per year for 4-5 years, OKC will not match and it is simply not worth it for them, they have Westbrook. Pairing Reggie Jackson with Greg Monroe along with a defensive big man or small forward will complete our team.

Jimmy Butler - Restricted free agent. Jimmy Butler is seeking the max, he is probably worth it but I don't think he fills a need on our team we already have 2 great scorers in Kobe and Nick Young, Jimmy B is obviously better on the defensive end than those 2 at this point but then we'd have a log jam at the 2 spot, not worth it. We can always pick up a 2 after Kobe retires or try to develop one through the draft.

Paul Millsap - Unrestricted free agent. Millsap is a very good player but he is 29 years old already and undersized at his position. Personally, I will pass on him at this point.

Brandon Knight - Unrestricted free agent. Brandon is just 22 years old, he can be had but he is not a sure thing like Reggie Jackson. I'd like us to negotiate a reasonable deal first before offering him the max. He posts similar numbers to Reggie but has him beat with a PER of 20.59 while Reggie's PER is not too shabby at 18.56. Personally, I would go after Brandon first but that comes at a risk because Milwaukee can offer him an extra year and he could very well spurn us and sign back with them, while Reggie slips out of our grip to sign with New York or some other team with cap space.

Omer Asik - Unrestricted free agent. He would be the ideal center to pair with Greg Monroe but is he really max worthy tho. I don't have him high on my priority list.

Roy Hibbert - Unrestricted free agent.

Brook Lopez - Unrestricted free agent.

Tobias Harris - Restricted free agent. I'm not too familiar with his game. I personally won't offer him the max but we do need a small forward that can play ball. He has great size at 6-9, He is still young at 22 years old. Orlando probably won't match if we offer him the max but he boasts a PER of just 14.56 I think we will be massively overpaying if we offer him the max. Gerald Green at 28 can be had at a much cheaper price depending on how much the Suns are willing to spend to have him back.

LaMarcus Aldridge - Unrestricted free agent.

Kevin Love - Unrestricted free agent.

Khris Middleton - Restricted free agent.

Jeff Green - Unrestricted free agent.

Goran Dragic - Unrestricted free agent.

Luol Deng - Unrestricted free agent.

Other free agents include:
Draymond Green - unrestricted
Aaron Afflalo - unrestricted
Rudy Gay - unrestricted
Gerald Green - unrestricted
Tyson Chandler - unrestricted
Wesley Mathews - unrestricted
Robin Lopez - Unrestricted
Nate Robinson - unrestricted
Tristan Thompson - Restricted
Enes Kanter - Restricted
Danny Green - unrestricted
Amir Johnson - unrestricted
Iman Shumpert - Restricted
Brandan Wright - unrestricted
Marco Belinelli - unrestricted

If we end up with: Brandon Knight, Greg Monroe and Jahlil Okafor. I'll be a very happy man and say we've had a successful offseason.

What combination of players (max or near max free agents + draft pick) would you like to have this offseason? Discuss.

Edit: I stand corrected that the FO won't have $40 million to shop with in free agency, sorry guys that's my mistake as I thought they could go into the luxury tax threshold by signing a player from the free agency market.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc

Last edited by Andre2K on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Curious how you got to $40 million to play with? It will actually be closer to $25 again just like last year. Kobes contract will hamper us again.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Curious how you got to $40 million to play with? It will actually be closer to $25 again just like last year. Kobes contract will hamper us again.

Its $40 million if they decide to get in the luxury tax threshold which is set at $77 million. Though it's most likely the FO will avoid the luxury tax threshold at all cost but if they are serious about contending with the profit they're making from TWC then they should be able to put their money where their mouth is.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Its $40 million if they decide to get in the luxury tax threshold which is set at $77 million. Though it's most likely the FO will avoid the luxury tax threshold at all cost but if they are serious about contending with the profit they're making from TWC then they should be able to put their money where their mouth is.

no. you can only go over the cap to resign your own player(to put it simply)
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject:

My cousin is Reggie Jackson PT here in LA. He says out of all the athletes he works with, Reggie is by far the coolest. They're really good friends. I should tell him to plant those seeds now about joining the Lakers lol
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

You can't go in the luxury tax to sign free agents from other teams. You have to fit them under the salary cap, while also fitting the cap holds (or salaries if you sign them first), as well as existing salaries. LA will have a maximum of something like 26 mil.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject:

Kobe-25
Randle-3
Young-5
Clarkson-2
Clarkson-.8
Sacre-.9
+Cap holds(5 million?)

Total: $41.7 million

Assuming the cap is at $~66-67 million, we'll have $25 million to spend.

I see us having no chance at Gasol, Jordan, and Leonard. They'll stay with their current teams.

Rondo isn't worth a 4 year deal at $20 million per. We don't really need Rudy Gay either, especially at $15+ million.

I hope they go after Jackson and/or Monroe and try to re-sign Davis. Hopefully we have 3 draft picks to go along with all of that.

Last edited by Lakers95 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
My cousin is Reggie Jackson PT here in LA. He says out of all the athletes he works with, Reggie is by far the coolest. They're really good friends. I should tell him to plant those seeds now about joining the Lakers lol

good enough to know that Reggie is a LA regular
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

i just want Reggie Jackson and Okafor or Towns
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject:

I think if we can somehow throw out the following roster out for the 2015-2016 season, we can potentially win a championship before 2020 as the pieces will be there:

PG: Reggie Jackson
SG: Kobe
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Julius Randle
C: Jahlil Okafor

We would probably have to give Reggie Jackson a 4 year 60 million dollar contract. There is no way OKC would match that. That leaves about 9 mil to throw at Jeff green. That is a competitive roster, that will have a very solid chance at making the playoffs. This also gives you 3 young studs to build around. All you would really need to do is shop around for a SG and SF. We already have our sixth man for the next 4 years ($waggy). If Julius Randle and Jahlil Okafor (this is all on the assumption we draft him obviously) pan out and live up to their potential, we might be able to convince KD to come and lead the franchise once Kobe retires. This front office's vision has to be somewhat aligned to this blueprint, as it would be the quickest way to have a fast rebuild and not be stuck in mediocrity
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

no. you can only go over the cap to resign your own player(to put it simply)

I stand corrected, and I have edited my OP to reflect that.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

rtype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
i just want Reggie Jackson and Okafor or Towns

yes and some fried chicken pls
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject:

I'm going to eliminate the pick for the sake of looking at just free agency. We gotta look at this thing like LA isn't bad enough to land a top 5 or get leaped in the lotto. They should also start with closer to 28 million if the cap holds are only 525K, and could look to send a distant 2nd and some cash for someone to take Sacre.

They may try to get Rondo and Monroe to split the money, but I'll play along with the Monroe and Reggie Jackson or Brandon Knight ideas. In general, Mitch needs to act very quick for these four realistic options. I'm fine with any combo really. You'd be forming a very efficient scoring front court if you land Greg. He and Randle have similar offensive games and he's also a beast on the boards. Monroe is a bad defender, so you'd have to really beef up the perimeter with your remaining money. Give me Knight, Ed Davis and a cheap SF that's an upgrade over Wes Johnson.

Ideally though, I'll just repeat what someone else had in another thread if we're including picks:

Rondo/Clarkson
Bryant/Young
Afflalo/vet min
Randle/Kelly
Okafor or Towns/Davis
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject:

Goran Dragic is UFA too.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject:

If we could get him on a realistic deal I'd be down to get Brandon Knight. Can't see this happening though, as he is RFA.

I'd be interested in Eric Gordon for cheap too, his injury concerns do worry me, but on a short term "prove it" type of deal I'd be interested.

I'd also take a look at Robin Lopez if we could get a good deal.

I'm not sold on any of the supposed top tier free agents this year to be honest, I'd rather pick up more complimentary pieces like the ones above and then try to get a max player in 2016. I don't think the best guys this year will even make it to free agency if I'm honest. I see Reggie Jackson & Kawhi Leonard re-upping with their current teams.
Kobe_MJ_Fan_No_1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

I'll take Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol.

Is that how this thread works?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

LaMarcus Aldridge and Wes Matthews are also unrestricted free agents.

The Lakers can build a solid foundation next offseason, specially if we have our draft pick.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

Jimmy butler is 2nd best defensive wing player in the league behind kawahi

His shot is falling this yr and his position is 3 & not 2. He can most definitely play the 2 as well guard the 1s. With new tv deal coming i wont mind paying him 13/14mil

Also the cap is not set. It might go to 70 to ease into the 80-90 cap in 2016

Cut sacre already. Not only waste of mondy but also roster spot

Gett jackson and J butler. Draft okafor/towns & we r ready to plut to Durant in that lineup

Wings who can defend & polished big men in randle/okafor
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

IMO the Lakers will keep at least one if not more of the Lin, Hill, Davis trio. This will diminish the $25M even more. None will be re-signed cheaply and will have value in the open market.

Hill is $9M and Davis will have earned a similar big payday. Lin will probably be in that second tier PG salary at approx. $7-10M too. What would realistic salaries be for any of them? I do not see much less being offered. Are the Lakers much better with Jackson over Lin? With Monroe instead of Hill and Davis?

Lakers are in a tough situation. They need to lure one of the free agents with the max but then will have a weaker roster because of the loss of quality players.

As much as it pains me to say, the Lakers need that top 5 pick. Adding an Okafor or Towns on a rookie salary is about the only realistic way to jump start this roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

His shot is falling this yr and his position is 3 & not 2. He can most definitely play the 2 as well guard the 1s. With new tv deal coming i wont mind paying him 13/14mil

Gett jackson and J butler. Draft okafor/towns & we r ready to plut to Durant in that lineup

I get it but they are RFAs. The lesson has been with guys like him you have to pay near max to get them out (think chandler parsons). Will the lakers be willing to do that? Maybe. But chasing multiple RFAs? I can't see that.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

Maybe it's just me but I think Clarkson has the potential to be a really good PG, he just need more reps. Okafor/Randle is the froncourt I want, and Clarkson would be a good fit because he can shoot and he's athletic. We just have to give it time, remember Marc Gasol was a 2nd round pick that was drafted by us. Clarkson was a steal in the 2nd, lets see what we have in him first.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jordan-clarkson
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I get it but they are RFAs. The lesson has been with guys like him you have to pay near max to get them out (think chandler parsons). Will the lakers be willing to do that? Maybe. But chasing multiple RFAs? I can't see that.

I get that but there is nothing in UFA thats really young and can grow with randle/okafor

I just dont want to spend money on aaron a who is almost 30 or on wes matthews who is going to be who he is in 2 yrs
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
IMO the Lakers will keep at least one if not more of the Lin, Hill, Davis trio. This will diminish the $25M even more. None will be re-signed cheaply and will have value in the open market.

Hill is $9M and Davis will have earned a similar big payday. Lin will probably be in that second tier PG salary at approx. $7-10M too. What would realistic salaries be for any of them? I do not see much less being offered. Are the Lakers much better with Jackson over Lin? With Monroe instead of Hill and Davis?

Lakers are in a tough situation. They need to lure one of the free agents with the max but then will have a weaker roster because of the loss of quality players.

As much as it pains me to say, the Lakers need that top 5 pick. Adding an Okafor or Towns on a rookie salary is about the only realistic way to jump start this roster.

Good questions, the FO definitely has got some serious scouting to do. Not only in the draft but in free agency as well. But right now I will take Greg Monroe over Hill any day. Davis will be up for a huge payday but might still be able to keep him at a reasonable price, if not then we sign another cheap big man hoping to get some exposure playing for the Lakers.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

Out of all of the FA's and RFAs, I think Jimmy Butler would help this team the most. If not Butler because he's a RFA then a SF that can play defense and shoot because Wes has been the weak link in the lineup. The C and PG positions are the easiest to get in the draft but it's difficult finding a versatile wing player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 1 of 2526
Jump to: