Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Agreed. The lakers will go after love/lma no matter what the fans on this forum say.

I totally support that move

So you don't support adding Jordan because he has to sometimes sit in the 4th, but you do support Love who also sometimes sits in the 4th? Jordan is an iron man, Love is made of transite.
usc/lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Hmm the perception is no big FA will sign with the Lakers because of Kobe. Let's see if their fortune changes this go around!
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Agreed. The lakers will go after love/lma no matter what the fans on this forum say.

I totally support that move

So you don't support adding Jordan because he has to sometimes sit in the 4th, but you do support Love who also sometimes sits in the 4th? Jordan is an iron man, Love is made of transite.

Personally I don't like either, but if it came down to it, I'd take DJ. Better rebounder and defender (by a mile). You can get Love's scoring output from other positions imo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

I am not against signing Love at all, but let's use some intellectual honesty in our reasons for wanting/not wanting someone. I am convinced that Love will make the Lakers better, but his injury history is what it is. I just don't want to be complaining about injuries each and every season.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

So Deandre would leave Cp Blake and Doc for Clarkson Randle and Byron? And for one less year? Huh? I could see him going east to carve his own niche and play in a weaker conference but to move across the hall..
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
So Deandre would leave Cp Blake and Doc for Clarkson Randle and Byron? And for one less year? Huh? I could see him going east to carve his own niche and play in a weaker conference but to move across the hall..

It's a tough proposition as well because he's close with CP3 & Deandre & Doc Rivers.

I get it from a competitive standpoint that the Clippers might have maxed out their potential. But realistically we don't have much to entice him with. He's a single case instance though.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

It's a tough proposition as well because he's close with CP3 & Deandre & Doc Rivers.

I get it from a competitive standpoint that the Clippers might have maxed out their potential. But realistically we don't have much to entice him with. He's a single case instance though.

I agree with this. I think there is real friendship with Griffin and CP3. And Doc, as much as I like to criticize him, did help deAndre to find his niche in this game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

Kevin love injured again smh

I couldn't care less if it was intentional or not, the end result is the same. I don't know about you guys but I'm of tired of saying "if healthy".

Just say no to Kevin Love
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I couldn't care less if it was intentional or not, the end result is the same. I don't know about you guys but I'm of tired of saying "if healthy".

So if a guy purposely injures a player, the blame is on the injured player? Kevin Love or any other player would've been injured had that type of cheap shot move been done to them.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
ahaider wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

I agree with this. I think there is real friendship with Griffin and CP3. And Doc, as much as I like to criticize him, did help deAndre to find his niche in this game.

Exactly, those players cover a lot of his flaws. There's certainly no way he would be better playing with Byron in his "every man for himself" offense. Frankly, it would be brutal to watch.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
22 wrote:

So if a guy purposely injures a player, the blame is on the injured player? Kevin Love or any other player would've been injured had that type of cheap shot move been done to them.

who cares about blame? I don't. The end result is he won't be playing for at least two weeks. Again.

I don't want to sign a player for max dollars who misses so much time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

I understand the worries about Love's past injury history, but Im not counting what happened yesterday against him. It's not like it was an injury where yu say "hey he's injury prone" or "his body is breaking down". I see it as his arm got ripped out of the socket by another player. It's like saying Crowder is injury prone for getting knocked out by smith or Harden has head problems because Ron knocked him out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
I understand the worries about Love's past injury history, but Im not counting what happened yesterday against him. It's not like it was an injury where yu say "hey he's injury prone" or "his body is breaking down". I see it as his arm got ripped out of the socket by another player. It's like saying Crowder is injury prone for getting knocked out by smith or Harden has head problems because Ron knocked him out.

I'm counting yesterday because it's another injury onto his body. Doesn't matter who is at fault.

He doesn't have a great health record as is. This dislocated shoulder is just another one on the list

Back, Knee, hand, and shoulder injuries. Yikes
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:

What was Kobe's injury history before he entered free agency in 2005? I seem to remember him having some issues.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I would love to have any of these premiere big men FA's: Love, Aldridge, Gasol, or Deandre.

We need talent period. I hate when I see Lakers fans being super picky about who to sign. We should spend every dime we have this summer trying to get a legit max player or a couple very good players. In 2016 we're going to have Kobe's $25 million off the books plus the huge rise in salary cap. You don't win championships through just drafting lottery players.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Gimme DJ. Three straight seasons of 82 games. Dude is an iron man and the impact rim protector that we've needed for years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
I would love to have any of these premiere big men FA's: Love, Aldridge, Gasol, or Deandre.

We need talent period. I hate when I see Lakers fans being super picky about who to sign. We should spend every dime we have this summer trying to get a legit max player or a couple very good players. In 2016 we're going to have Kobe's $25 million off the books plus the huge rise in salary cap. You don't win championships through just drafting lottery players.

Duh. Everybody wants that.

What we are debating is who qualifies as a legit max player.

Some say Kevin Love is. I don't think so. I think he will get paid like one, but I don't think his impact on the court is worth it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Gimme DJ. Three straight seasons of 82 games. Dude is an iron man and the impact rim protector that we've needed for years.

Same here. Unless we drafted a C I'd pursue Deandre over Love or Aldridge

Last edited by 22 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

The litmus test for whether or not a player deserves a max contract this summer is "can this player be the 3rd best player on a championship contender." The finances of the league dictate as much.

While some guys are better than others, there are quite a few guys on the market this year who fit that description. I'm no fan of Love, but he's one of them.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Same here. Unless we drafted a C I'd pursue Deandre over Love or Alrdidge

Love is debatable, over Alrdidge is cray!

I think DJ's shown less impact in these playoffs than any of the top bigmen. Just in the last game the Clippers were better with him on the bench.

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Some say Kevin Love is. I don't think so. I think he will get paid like one, but I don't think his impact on the court is worth it.

First of all I've seen some on here say that we would be better off not spending any money than to sign Kevin Love.

Secondly anyone that was an all star recently is worth a max contract to us at this point. We need good players and over paying for them this summer is not a bad thing. We are not the Lakers of old lure under this new CBA it's time to adjust our thought process when it comes to FA's. Last year was a debacle because Jim and Mitch were still operating as if it was 2004 hopefully they've now learned from their mistake.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The litmus test for whether or not a player deserves a max contract this summer is "can this player be the 3rd best player on a championship contender." The finances of the league dictate as much.

While some guys are better than others, there are quite a few guys on the market this year who fit that description. I'm no fan of Love, but he's one of them.

The caveat to that would be a player with a scarce/necessary skill. An anchor could not be the third best player on the team but still max worthy.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The caveat to that would be a player with a scarce/necessary skill. An anchor could not be the third best player on the team but still max worthy.

That's fair, although if what he's providing is rare/important enough, you could probably make the case that he's at least the 3rd best player on the team, in most cases.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
22 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

First of all I've seen some on here say that we would be better off not spending any money than to sign Kevin Love.

Secondly anyone that was an all star recently is worth a max contract to us at this point. We need good players and over paying for them this summer is not a bad thing. We are not the Lakers of old lure under this new CBA it's time to adjust our thought process when it comes to FA's. Last year was a debacle because Jim and Mitch were still operating as if it was 2004 hopefully they've now learned from their mistake.

And what's wrong with that idea? Kevin Love coming here doesn't guarantee us anything. He's injury prone and doesn't play defense. It is just as likely that he comes here and flops that it is he comes here and excels. It's not an outlandish idea
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
22 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Same here. Unless we drafted a C I'd pursue Deandre over Love or Alrdidge

Love is debatable, over Alrdidge is cray!

I think DJ's shown less impact in these playoffs than any of the top bigmen. Just in the last game the Clippers were better with him on the bench.

Not to me. LMA is a good player but I just don't think his window coincides with ours. Maybe get him and move him later down the line.

I'd rather just get Jordan and have him grow with us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 569, 570, 571 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 570 of 2526
Jump to: