Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
RashardA wrote:
DeAndre Jordan should be the Lakers top priority this summer. Over any free agent that's out there.

but why would he come to the lakers

Maybe he wants to sell Kias and not just be a teammate of the guy who does? I would hit him with two sales pitches, he can be the guy in the commercials if he comes to the Lakers. And secondly, I would ask him how he feels about how well the Clippers have developed him as an offensive center. And tell him that he will get hands on training from former NBA legends if he signs with the Lakers. Instead of scoring off of putbacks and dunks, he can actually have a real center offensive game.

And the 5th year thing isn't a valid argument. No matter where he signs, he will have an opt out after 3 years and then re-sign another max contract. So that 5th year means nothing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Randle could end up having career foot issues. He had surgery in January to replace a screw in his foot.

Actually he had a screw removed from his foot that was placed there in high school.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
If somebody can point me to a time where it would have been a good opportunity for the Lakers to pursue a RFA but they didn't I'd like to know.

Other than that I see no reason to rule it out as an option for Mitch and Co

So the fact that iirc they have never played the RFA game since the 2000s isn't enough proof?

Absolutely not. Point me to a time when it would have been a smart move for the lakers to go for a RFA in that time period.

Now is the perfect time. Would not surprise me one bit. Especially given my convos with Luca

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. They haven't before, but times have changed, the CBA has changed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
So, exactly how many high value rfas have changed teams via free agency? Parsons and ??

I am not sure high value is all the FO might be interested in. There might be some non-max RFAs that they can overpay and the team won't match (I haven't looked at actual names yet, but will. Cory Joseph is one name that comes to mind).
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the fascination with Cory Joseph. He's solid.. but I wonder if he's just a product of the system.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Also. I'm very curious as to what Earl Clark does with the Nets.

I know people here like to get caught up with the way he talks (which irritates me to no end. it comes off terrible but seems to be tolerated while other meaningless things are given maximum penalty.. but whatever)

I know the level of competition in China isn't exactly up to par with NBA.. but Clark averaged something like 27 and 10 during his most recent stint there.

Lakers should give him a second look in the off-season. Maybe see if he'll bite on one of those Hassan Whiteside / Michael Beasley type contracts with team option the next year.

People are sleeping on him though. He had a rough end to his tenure with the Lakers.. but that was his first real year of getting consistent minutes. He went to Cleveland and ran into Mike Brown.. and we all know what Mike Brown does to a players offense.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

I know people here like to get caught up with the way he talks (which irritates me to no end. it comes off terrible but seems to be tolerated while other meaningless things are given maximum penalty.. but whatever)

I know the level of competition in China isn't exactly up to par with NBA.. but Clark averaged something like 27 and 10 during his most recent stint there.

Lakers should give him a second look in the off-season. Maybe see if he'll bite on one of those Hassan Whiteside / Michael Beasley type contracts with team option the next year.

People are sleeping on him though. He had a rough end to his tenure with the Lakers.. but that was his first real year of getting consistent minutes. He went to Cleveland and ran into Mike Brown.. and we all know what Mike Brown does to a players offense.

Tony Douglas, the Knicks wash out, averages 25/5/3 and 2 spg in the CBA.

There are 10 guys, most of whom you've never heard of, that average between 30 and 39.6 points per game. Yes, 39.6 ppg. Errick (2 R's!) Mccollum who bounced around with 4 other European teams is leading the CBA from the point guard position at 39.6 ppg.

D-League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CBA
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Okay. That's fine and dandy. That still doesn't discount what he did in the NBA with the Lakers.

He hit a wall imo and never recovered. Imo, prior to that, he was excellent. Fringe starter / excellent 6th man potential.

It could've been a product of D'Antoni's system.. but dude has skills.

I'll just wait for a year or two when some team scoops him up and listen to the same people moan and complain about how the front office lacks the ability to find these "diamonds in the rough" lol.

His 10 day stint with the Nets will be telling, for sure.

I think he's still on the Lakers radar too. They did bring him back for a work-out only for him to go to China instead. For all we know, the Lakers could've told Earl there was no playing time this year.. so, go make your money and we'll talk next year.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers should take a hard look at keeping lin. I wanted Reggie Jackson while most thought he wasn't worth it and wanted to offer dragic max lol. Dragic is so overrated and Jackson balling right now. Luckily clarkson is a keeper as well. Deandre Jordan would be ideal fit next to randle
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RashardA wrote:
DeAndre Jordan should be the Lakers top priority this summer. Over any free agent that's out there.

Maybe he wants to sell Kias and not just be a teammate of the guy who does? I would hit him with two sales pitches, he can be the guy in the commercials if he comes to the Lakers. And secondly, I would ask him how he feels about how well the Clippers have developed him as an offensive center. And tell him that he will get hands on training from former NBA legends if he signs with the Lakers. Instead of scoring off of putbacks and dunks, he can actually have a real center offensive game.

And the 5th year thing isn't a valid argument. No matter where he signs, he will have an opt out after 3 years and then re-sign another max contract. So that 5th year means nothing.

No thanks to DJ. Just a hype with all dunks/blocks and rebounds.

Plays horrible M2M defense and is pathetic on offense

A rookie with zero or minus offensive game score 30/14 on him yesterday.

Meh
Draft Towns or WCS & save 18mil
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RashardA wrote:

Meh

Agreed on that. DJ is overrated on here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
RashardA wrote:

Meh

Agreed on that. DJ is overrated on here.

DJ is simultaneously a bit overrated defensively and wildly underrated on offense.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

Think we'll sign Love. A while back I would have said no thanks but now I'm thinking it might be worth it.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

why do you think it will be worth it?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
why do you think it will be worth it?

A lot of factors. I won't go over them, not gonna get into a two page discussion over it. If you want to get into it with someone else go to the tank thread.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
If somebody can point me to a time where it would have been a good opportunity for the Lakers to pursue a RFA but they didn't I'd like to know.

Other than that I see no reason to rule it out as an option for Mitch and Co

So the fact that iirc they have never played the RFA game since the 2000s isn't enough proof?

Absolutely not. Point me to a time when it would have been a smart move for the lakers to go for a RFA in that time period.

Now is the perfect time. Would not surprise me one bit. Especially given my convos with Luca

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. They haven't before, but times have changed, the CBA has changed.

The only RFA's worth even talking about are Butler and Leonard. No other RFA's is worth even talking to over Gasol, DJ, Love and LMA.

The best players in this class are UFA, so I think anyone thinking the Lakers are going after Brandon Knight or Tobias Harris, Kris Middleton are going to be highly disappointed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

So a solid player like Joseph isn't worth the time, but a washout who had two good weeks in the NBA is? Don't forget that after those two weeks Clark was barely tolerable. That is some skewed thinking.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Think we'll sign Love. A while back I would have said no thanks but now I'm thinking it might be worth it.

All indications point to him not wanting to be here. I am not even sure if he opts out, especially if he has back surgery.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:

The only RFA's worth even talking about are Butler and Leonard. No other RFA's is worth even talking to over Gasol, DJ, Love and LMA.

The best players in this class are UFA, so I think anyone thinking the Lakers are going after Brandon Knight or Tobias Harris, Kris Middleton are going to be highly disappointed.

That really isn't how it works, they don't talk to one guy and then wait. They will be talking to all the RFAs and UFAs agents that they are interested in, and as quick as possible rank them into possibilities or no way. So if one of the top UFAs that they want show interest, they pursue it further. Same with any RFA. The only time they really have to pare down the list is when it comes to making an offer. So they won't miss out on UFAs while also pursuing RFAs.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

All indications point to him not wanting to be here. I am not even sure if he opts out, especially if he has back surgery.

Back issues could change things, but there are no reliable indications he doesn't want to be here and plenty that he wants out of Cleveland.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

I kind of think Love goes to Boston. We have a better chance of getting Deandre, in my opinion. He's far too talented and dominant in the paint to want to continue being the third option. If he comes to the Lakers he's going to get that CP3 and Blake endorsement money -- not to mention a starting spot on the All Star team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Back issues should change things a lot. I wouldn't want to be the team who took a chance on him right off of back surgery. Unless there is a discount as a result.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

That really isn't how it works, they don't talk to one guy and then wait. They will be talking to all the RFAs and UFAs agents that they are interested in, and as quick as possible rank them into possibilities or no way. So if one of the top UFAs that they want show interest, they pursue it further. Same with any RFA. The only time they really have to pare down the list is when it comes to making an offer. So they won't miss out on UFAs while also pursuing RFAs.

You've certainly done a 180 re RFAS.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
I kind of think Love goes to Boston. We have a better chance of getting Deandre, in my opinion. He's far too talented and dominant in the paint to want to continue being the third option. If he comes to the Lakers he's going to get that CP3 and Blake endorsement money -- not to mention a starting spot on the All Star team.

I see Love going to NY. I think he plays the Gasol role in the triangle pretty well.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I see Love going to NY. I think he plays the Gasol role in the triangle pretty well.

I can see that as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 418 of 2526
Jump to: