Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
And at the moment, Phil Jackson has a hard on for Towns. Even might even go as far as drafting him number 1 if he gets that pick.

Rondo
Role Player
Melo
Love
Towns

This is likely the team Phil wants. And you know what? Take em. I will gladly watch the Knicks continue to lose out in the playoffs for a whole decade again.

I am surprised because of his comments about wanting ready to contribute players. Towns is about as far from that as anyone speculated about in the top 5-6.

It is very strange but apparently Phil has scouted Towns the most and has made comments about Towns a lot.

Than again, Phil could be just pulling our leg. It certainly wouldn't be the first time or the last.

I just wouldn't be surprised if Towns is their guy no matter the pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That is a good question, one that no one here can answer. Except maybe Luca, he does have a relationship with the Buss family.

You're right we don't know anything 100%. But we do know the last time they had capspace they sign Shaq.

We know that this was their plan before they traded for Gasol

The Lakers' rebuilding plan is right on schedule. It goes something like this:

Year 1: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 2: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 3: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 4: Sign Yao Ming or Amare Stoudemire, or wait a year for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh.

Rebuilding in a league with a salary cap is difficult. You can argue that Kupchak coulda/shoulda gotten more for Shaq (of course he shoulda), but what's done is done. Now that the trade has been made, the best strategy -- the only sensible strategy -- is for the Lakers to wait until they get some cap room and then spend it on one of the great free-agency hauls in the history of professional sports.

They got Gasol in 2008, so they didn't have to wait until 2010 to go after Lebron and Melo.

Fast forward 4 years later, new CBA, and they still go after Lebron, Melo, Gasol, Bosh and Dirk.

2015 Gasol and LMA

2016 Durant

2017 Westbrook

this is the reason i dont believe they will go after Danny Green or r lopez or some other tier C type of players

They will still have cap space even if they go after 2nd tier FAs this offseason. And they will be much closer to the playoffs as well, so selling those top tier FAs on leading the team back to the top would be much easier.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Megaton any link for phil being high on towns? Hopefully it's just smoke screen for his true target: mudiay
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Megaton any link for phil being high on towns? Hopefully it's just smoke screen for his true target: mudiay

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2015/03/nba_draft_2015_knicks_phil_jackson_scouted_kentuck.html

Most recent article I can find.

Hey, if Knicks want Mudiay, please by all means, take him. I'm here just pretending he doesn't exist in the top 10.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That is a good question, one that no one here can answer. Except maybe Luca, he does have a relationship with the Buss family.

You're right we don't know anything 100%. But we do know the last time they had capspace they sign Shaq.

We know that this was their plan before they traded for Gasol

The Lakers' rebuilding plan is right on schedule. It goes something like this:

Year 1: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 2: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 3: Don't do anything stupid.

Year 4: Sign Yao Ming or Amare Stoudemire, or wait a year for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh.

Rebuilding in a league with a salary cap is difficult. You can argue that Kupchak coulda/shoulda gotten more for Shaq (of course he shoulda), but what's done is done. Now that the trade has been made, the best strategy -- the only sensible strategy -- is for the Lakers to wait until they get some cap room and then spend it on one of the great free-agency hauls in the history of professional sports.

They got Gasol in 2008, so they didn't have to wait until 2010 to go after Lebron and Melo.

Fast forward 4 years later, new CBA, and they still go after Lebron, Melo, Gasol, Bosh and Dirk.

2015 Gasol and LMA

2016 Durant

2017 Westbrook

this is the reason i dont believe they will go after Danny Green or r lopez or some other tier C type of players

They will still have cap space even if they go after 2nd tier FAs this offseason. And they will be much closer to the playoffs as well, so selling those top tier FAs on leading the team back to the top would be much easier.

My preference is to have 10 m allocated to : top 5, randle, clarkson, houston pick, 2 2nd rd rounders and have 80million in cap space

Let the buddy buddy nba league stars pick their own buddies with an extremely solid rookie core present
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
22 wrote:

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2015/03/nba_draft_2015_knicks_phil_jackson_scouted_kentuck.html

Most recent article I can find.

Hey, if Knicks want Mudiay, please by all means, take him. I'm here just pretending he doesn't exist in the top 10.

Gracias seƱor.

I hope we pick ahead of phil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

My preference is to have 10 m allocated to : top 5, randle, clarkson, houston pick, 2 2nd rd rounders and have 80million in cap space

Let the buddy buddy nba league stars pick their own buddies with an extremely solid rookie core present

Then you are going to strike out on the big FAs and have to sign second tier FAs. Might as well get that going now instead of sucking for another year or two. Which is something the FO won't allow to happen.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Then you are going to strike out on the big FAs and have to sign second tier FAs. Might as well get that going now instead of sucking for another year or two. Which is something the FO won't allow to happen.

Why do you think we will strike out when we have 2 super max at 30 and 1 max @20?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I feel we will sign/draft our #2-8 future rotation guys this summer. Then in 2016 and 2017 when kobe retires we go hunting for the #1 guy again.
senthus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel we will sign/draft our #2-8 future rotation guys this summer. Then in 2016 and 2017 when kobe retires we go hunting for the #1 guy again.

Yup. im expecting the lakers to be playoff bound next year and be championship contenders the following years.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Only quirky scenarios is when I would want Love. Like LA lucks out and gets the first pick in the draft, drafts Towns.

Trade Randle for the fifth pick in this draft and maybe some other compensation. Draft Winslow. Sign Love and Davis. Draft someone like Grant with the Hou pick.

Clarkson/Grant
Kobe/Young/RJ Hunter
Winslow/Wes?
Love/Kelly
Towns/Davis

Quirky, but that would be cool.
Year_One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Only quirky scenarios is when I would want Love. Like LA lucks out and gets the first pick in the draft, drafts Towns.

Trade Randle for the fifth pick in this draft and maybe some other compensation. Draft Winslow. Sign Love and Davis. Draft someone like Grant with the Hou pick.

Clarkson/Grant
Kobe/Young/RJ Hunter
Winslow/Wes?
Love/Kelly
Towns/Davis

Quirky, but that would be cool.

If you're thinking JerIan grant, he's almost certainly gone before 20
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

my badd, wrong thread.
Year_One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I wouldn't mind this. there's no legit number 1 this off-season that is obtainable anyway.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

I think BS told the media that players come to the bench and ask to play for the Lakers next year. Who are those players? Scrubs mainly?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
And at the moment, Phil Jackson has a hard on for Towns. Even might even go as far as drafting him number 1 if he gets that pick.

Rondo
Role Player
Melo
Love
Towns

This is likely the team Phil wants. And you know what? Take em. I will gladly watch the Knicks continue to lose out in the playoffs for a whole decade again.

I am surprised because of his comments about wanting ready to contribute players. Towns is about as far from that as anyone speculated about in the top 5-6.

It is very strange but apparently Phil has scouted Towns the most and has made comments about Towns a lot.

Than again, Phil could be just pulling our leg. It certainly wouldn't be the first time or the last.

I just wouldn't be surprised if Towns is their guy no matter the pick.

yep, could just be Phil throwing curve balls. Though considering his situation (4 years remaining on his contract and approaching 70) I would think that sooner is more critical to him than later.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Why do you think we will strike out when we have 2 super max at 30 and 1 max @20?

Because there is nothing there for the FAs to play with. Even when 2 FAs paired up, the only time in forever, they had D Wade to play with. Almost everyone will have cap space in 2016, if two FAs want to buddy up it would be easier to do so on one of their teams.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

If the Clippers lose in the 1st round, I could definitely see Jordan leaving. He has already stated that he wants to test FA so it's just not about the money, he wants a bigger role.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

I don't see the clips losing in round one the west isn't as tough a people make it to be nor do I see Jordan leaving two dudes that spoon feed him dunks every game
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Would love to see Brook Lopez opt out of a terrible Bball situation and come to So Cal for $12M-$14m per over 4 years. Extreme discount? Yes. But the guaranteed money and local might be enticing.

Would also be great if we could structure that deal in a way that could also allow us to sign Tobias Harris for $8-10M a year who I think would be a good fit in regards to interchangeable parts with him and randle vs 3s and 4s.

We could then have an option of going Russell, Winslow or Mudiaye to pair with them. Defense and Paint protection will be a problem but we have to start somewhere. Offensively could be one of the most talented in the league in a few years. Building blocks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I would be very surprised if DJ left the Clips.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I would be very surprised if DJ left the Clips.

I don't!!! If you think about it, if Dwight can be the number 1 and max then DJ can. I think he wants to have a team build around him and him be the main focus. He's 3rd behind CP and BG... If he stays it's because he's loyal and doesn't mind not being the number 1 guy...

I see the Lakers pitching that this is his team. If we wanted Dwight as our franchise guy, I don't see why we wouldn't want DJ. Imo he's better than Dwight right now.

I simply just don't think DH and DJ can win being the number 1 option, but they are players who attract other guys. DJ doesn't need the ball to be affective and scorers like Durant and WB would love a teammate like him. DJ is a start to turn the franchise around. I think it's a 60% he will be a laker next season and for one reason only that the team is building around him and he will be the number 1 guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

It's one thing to leave the clippers and join the knicks. It's another to leave the clips to join the lakers. Same town, clubs, restaurants, friends etc.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's one thing to leave the clippers and join the knicks. It's another to leave the clips to join the lakers. Same town, clubs, restaurants, friends etc.

What are you saying ?

Exactly, he's not moving cities just teams. I think that's a plus
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Is DJ good enough to take us to the playoffs provided that the draft picks aren't ready next year? cause your basically wasting all your cap money on him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 420 of 2526
Jump to: