Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

That Nick Young deal was such a boneheaded decision. Guys like Hill and Lin can get on your nerves, but atleast they'll only be here for a year. Young is here for four! Mitch was probably drunk after a guy's night out with Nick when they agreed to this. Could be a real cap killer for us this offseason, or the next... or the next.
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

Year_One wrote:
44-25 wrote:
What I see happening is that like during the Kobe/Shaq years
2 Max players get all the money
+ 2 high rookie scale salaries
+ 1 mid level (young)
+ roster mostly filled out with league min. salaries...

Problem is, who are those max players?

We need scorers to come in the next 2/3 FA over 3 years:

Free agency or bust Love-Durant-Westbrook

If we land 2015 free agent ---Lin,Davis,Hill have 10 games left as Lakers.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
That Nick Young deal was such a boneheaded decision. Guys like Hill and Lin can get on your nerves, but atleast they'll only be here for a year. Young is here for four! Mitch was probably drunk after a guy's night out with Nick when they agreed to this. Could be a real cap killer for us this offseason, or the next... or the next.

No kidding.

People here think I'm way too harsh on Lin, they have NO IDEA how critical I was with Young.

And my reaction when the Lakers resigned him...
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

and if we FA 15/16 strike out... bcus we got nothin...

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

44-25 wrote:

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus

Hope you realize you just started a frenzy for scouting reports on players from the Greek Professional League.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
44-25 wrote:

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus

Hope you realize you just started a frenzy for scouting reports on players from the Greek Professional League.

Zeus? May not be good for team relations. He has a habit of having sex with team members' significant others.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
44-25 wrote:

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus

Zeus? May not be good for team relations. He has a habit of having sex with team members' significant others.

You don't wanna be next to Poseidon in the showers after a loss.
Even if you're Metta World Peace.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
44-25 wrote:

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus

Not to mention Ares is not exactly a family man.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
44-25 wrote:

2017 lineup:

PG Ares
SG Immortal Kobe
SF Poseidon
PF Hercules
C Zeus

You don't wanna be next to Poseidon in the showers after a loss.
Even if you're Metta World Peace.

Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Starters:
Jordan Clarkson
Kobe Bryant
Justise Winslow
Julius Randle
Deandre Jordan

Bench:
Jeremy Lin
Caris LeVert / Jabari Brown
Nick Young
Ryan Kelly / Tarik Black
Ed Davis

is a good start. With two max's opening up the following year

How exactly did you fit in Winslow, Jordan, Lin, and Davis into 28ish mill of cap space?

More like 22-23m.

If we let go of Sacre, we would have 27.3 million in capspace. The 4th pick & the 28 pick cost about 4.4 million, but we gain a million back because we release two capholds. So when it all said and done, we should have about 24 million in capspace.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

I am not sure Lin is here for a year. Even if the Lakers sign a max player to a contract starting at 18 million, they will still have 6.5 million in capspace left.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

The last few years, people have been clamoring for bench help specifically bench scoring and when we finally sign one to a long term deal people want his head on a platter. The problem is we don't have our core in place, which means Young is playing outside of his roll. Young does a lot of things poorly, but he can get points in bunches. With the exception of Kobe, who can consistently create offense for themsevles? Clarkson shows glimpses, but he's wildly inconsistent and doesn't always have that killer instincts. Ellingon is a JAG. Lin sucks. Put a core in place, and move Young back to his 6th man role and watch it all work.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion... The nick young deal has TWC influence written all over it.. They need someone to keep the mood high in interviews.. And his personality is something that the lakers need with the team going through multiple down years.. The nick young deal was all marketing.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
In my opinion... The nick young deal has TWC influence written all over it.. They need someone to keep the mood high in interviews.. And his personality is something that the lakers need with the team going through multiple down years.. The nick young deal was all marketing.

so was the Lin trade and the 27/28th pick
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
The Grind wrote:

The last few years, people have been clamoring for bench help specifically bench scoring and when we finally sign one to a long term deal people want his head on a platter. The problem is we don't have our core in place, which means Young is playing outside of his roll. Young does a lot of things poorly, but he can get points in bunches. With the exception of Kobe, who can consistently create offense for themsevles? Clarkson shows glimpses, but he's wildly inconsistent and doesn't always have that killer instincts. Ellingon is a JAG. Lin sucks. Put a core in place, and move Young back to his 6th man role and watch it all work.

Voice of reason. Young can get you 20 off the bench consistently. I'll take that for 5 mil a year especially when were talking about a 90 mil cap.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Now that doesn't mean just cause it's marketing that the lakers aren't gonna push hard to get rid of young before they go FA shopping.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Would Love take less money to come to LA? If he did, would you sign him?

I know it is far fetched, but with ideal of going after Westbrook? Also would have more star power then he ever has had. He could make up for the loss of money on a contract real quick by coming to LA imo.

Would be no different then what Lebron/Wade/Bosh and what they did. He would just have to have faith that LA will sign that other guy in 2016 and then 2017.

Not a huge fan of signing Love this is just in light of one of those good ole NBA rumors.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

We just have to max out Kevin Love and take it from there. I hate to to do it because I think Randle for some crazy reason reminds me of LBJ and could be the PF version of him. But love is the most quality fa on the market that we have a chance at signing so we need to just make a great effort at signing him. If we have Iike 3-4 million left, then we use that money to sign some more players and then we use the room exception to sign more players. Randle could get 24 minutes or so backing up PF,SF and maybe C. Meybe he puts up stats good enough to increase his trade value, something like a solid 10ppg, 6rpg and 2apg in 24mpg. By next year's trade deadline, we could look into possibly packaging our lottery pick (Russell?), Randle and some filler salary like Young,Kelly and/or players we signed in the off season for Westbrook. Let's say Russell is putting up something like 16ppg, 8apg, 5rpg and 38%threes as a rookie. A package of Russell, Randle, Young, Kelly for Westbrook would then be a pretty damn good trade for both teams. We would have two all stars in their primes in Westbrook and Love, who would like to play together. We would still have Kobe on our roster and would still have the young stud Clarkson, hopefully some more value draft picks like the sharp shooting Booker from Kentucky and maybe some good role players like Brown, Black, etc.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Yep, not a big fan of Young, but his ability to score points off the bench is something we can use. And if he puts forth the defensive effort he did last season, for less than the MLE he isn't a bad signing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The Lin trade was to punt cap space from 2014 to 2015 and to make sure we had a first round pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Would Love take less money to come to LA? If he did, would you sign him?

I know it is far fetched, but with ideal of going after Westbrook? Also would have more star power then he ever has had. He could make up for the loss of money on a contract real quick by coming to LA imo.

Would be no different then what Lebron/Wade/Bosh and what they did. He would just have to have faith that LA will sign that other guy in 2016 and then 2017.

Not a huge fan of signing Love this is just in light of one of those good ole NBA rumors.

With a bad back/back surgery we would need a discount.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

The Lin trade was to punt cap space from 2014 to 2015 and to make sure we had a first round pick.

Punt cap space from 2014 to punt to 2015 in order to punt it to 2016.

The perpetual cap punt.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I think if we get that 4th/5th pick and get a guy like Mudiay for example, and randle prospers we can bring in Durant in 16' with Westbrook following him in 17'.

Would Durant and Westbrook like Randle Mudiay and the lakers organization and the city of LA over OKC/Serge and kanter? I think there is a chance.

One other plus for the lakers would be bring in Ollie as the coach...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Punt cap space from 2014 to punt to 2015 in order to punt it to 2016.

The perpetual cap punt.

I think the punting stops this offseason. I see the FO spending money.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
I think if we get that 4th/5th pick and get a guy like Mudiay for example, and randle prospers we can bring in Durant in 16' with Westbrook following him in 17'.

Would Durant and Westbrook like Randle Mudiay and the lakers organization and the city of LA over OKC/Serge and kanter? I think there is a chance.

One other plus for the lakers would be bring in Ollie as the coach...

I think we need to add some decent vets next offseason if we want to have any shot at Durant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 422 of 2526
Jump to: