Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not saying Kevin Love wants to stay or leave one way or the other, but I could see why he could leave. Is he on a winning team now? Yes. Is he content with his role on the team? Probably not. But if they don't win it all, I'd probably lean on him not staying. If Cleveland fails to win the title, who do you think will get the blame? Lebron or Kyrie? Hell no. They'll scapegoat Love because he hasn't fit in all that well. Also, take into to account that getting along with co-workers is important. I've known plenty of people who made good money, worked for good companies, yet left because they were miserable dealing with certain co-workers and management. We'll see how this all looks come June. And I'm not saying I want him on the Lakers, I don't. Just exploring the thought process of staying or leaving.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Looks like Love is happy in CLE.
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12753165/lebron-james-lauds-kevin-love-played-unbelievable-series

If his goal is to win, as has been mentioned, then he should be happy. As you posted yesterday, this is the initial grouping of Lebron, Irving and Love. It shouldn't be the end result, as we saw with the Heat, there is no reason to believe that these guys can't fit together.

Despite being on a winning team for the first time, Love hasn't seemed all that happy in Cleveland, plus Lebron hasn't commited to staying long term there. I'd say the odds are 50/50; it depends on if Cleveland is really willing to pay the max, which teams like the Lakers will likely need to do.

Because we have Randle, and I don't see him playing SF, paying a max contract to Love seems excessive or a sideways type of move. Although I'd much rather have Love than Rondo, as Rondo just can't play PG at a level I feel is worth more than $2-3 million a year. Way to many problems with Rondo. If we wanted to pay big money for a PG, I'd go after Dragic. Aldrige would be nice, we would have no problem paying him a max deal - but him leaving Portland?

Now if Toronto blows up their team after a 2nd straight year losing in the playoffs as a higher seed, would you trade Randle to the Raptors for DeRozzian?

Clarkson
DeRozzian
Kobe
Davis
Towns or Okafor

No, DeRozzian is a role player at best, Randle has a chance to be more than that.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

bscottfan wrote:
I'm not saying Kevin Love wants to stay or leave one way or the other, but I could see why he could leave. Is he on a winning team now? Yes. Is he content with his role on the team? Probably not. But if they don't win it all, I'd probably lean on him not staying. If Cleveland fails to win the title, who do you think will get the blame? Lebron or Kyrie? Hell no. They'll scapegoat Love because he hasn't fit in all that well. Also, take into to account that getting along with co-workers is important. I've known plenty of people who made good money, worked for good companies, yet left because they were miserable dealing with certain co-workers and management. We'll see how this all looks come June. And I'm not saying I want him on the Lakers, I don't. Just exploring the thought process of staying or leaving.

So Kevin Love only stays if CLE wins the title? That's ridiculous. Most of the criticism of Love's role has been that they are not using him correctly so I doubt there will be blame tossed his direction. This is Lebron's team and any playoff failure will be mainly directed his direction regardless of his teammates. As I said Kevin Love wants playoff experience he isn't leaving that to come to a situation where there are no guarantees of even making the playoffs. Its just not realistic based on Love's own past comments.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Looks like Love is happy in CLE.
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/12753165/lebron-james-lauds-kevin-love-played-unbelievable-series

If his goal is to win, as has been mentioned, then he should be happy. As you posted yesterday, this is the initial grouping of Lebron, Irving and Love. It shouldn't be the end result, as we saw with the Heat, there is no reason to believe that these guys can't fit together.

Despite being on a winning team for the first time, Love hasn't seemed all that happy in Cleveland, plus Lebron hasn't commited to staying long term there. I'd say the odds are 50/50; it depends on if Cleveland is really willing to pay the max, which teams like the Lakers will likely need to do.

Because we have Randle, and I don't see him playing SF, paying a max contract to Love seems excessive or a sideways type of move. Although I'd much rather have Love than Rondo, as Rondo just can't play PG at a level I feel is worth more than $2-3 million a year. Way to many problems with Rondo. If we wanted to pay big money for a PG, I'd go after Dragic. Aldrige would be nice, we would have no problem paying him a max deal - but him leaving Portland?

Now if Toronto blows up their team after a 2nd straight year losing in the playoffs as a higher seed, would you trade Randle to the Raptors for DeRozzian?

Clarkson
DeRozzian
Kobe
Davis
Towns or Okafor

No, DeRozzian is a role player at best, Randle has a chance to be more than that.

everybody know's i am the 1st to trade Randle but OMG not for DeRozzian
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
New York and Los Angeles are predicted to each have around $30 million in salary cap space to work with
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
New York and Los Angeles are predicted to each have around $30 million in salary cap space to work with

not true
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

It's true enough that a major media outlet is reporting it.... and I'm gonna wait until Larry Coon or Emplay gives us the real cap number.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

No need to wait, Emplay has already given it.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No need to wait, Emplay has already given it.

we have 22.5 (including the picks and cap holds and all)
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
It's true enough that a major media outlet is reporting it.... and I'm gonna wait until Larry Coon or Emplay gives us the real cap number.

How many times do you need to be reassured that we don't have 30+ mill in cap space? Mods and Emplay have all proven that statement wrong. Why do you continue to believe everything you read online? Just grab a calculator and do the math yourself for God's sake.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Nobody wants ater majok? he's a rim protector. Long as hell

How the hell do you expect to get him?

He's on the dfenders
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He's on the dfenders

Oh man, brainfart. Thought of that 7 footer that plays like Durant, Thon Maker I think.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Did you seriously just say, "A major media outlet reported it, so it must be true,"?

Dog...seriously...dog...c'mon. Like, dude...DOG...No. Just no.

A good old fashioned calculator will show that we'll have around $21M-22M if we decline Jordan Hill's option and keep our top pick. We don't need Larry Coon or Emplay to figure this one out.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Sports World Report is a major media outlet. Well at least it has a name for it.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He's on the dfenders

Oh man, brainfart. Thought of that 7 footer that plays like Durant, Thon Maker I think.

Lol. well since you're the only one to reply to my post, now u must answer. Do u want ater majok? Seriously what's wrong with him as a rim protector he's huge. There's vids of him on YouTube block parties!
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He's on the dfenders

Lol. well since you're the only one to reply to my post, now u must answer. Do u want ater majok? Seriously what's wrong with him as a rim protector he's huge. There's vids of him on YouTube block parties!

Really haven't seen him play but from what I remember he sucks. He's no better than Sacre and having him as a starter is just insane.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Jae Crowder is showing flashes of being a very capable nba small forward. He's still cheap. Go get him lakes
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Jae Crowder is showing flashes of being a very capable nba small forward. He's still cheap. Go get him lakes

The mavs could really use him too. The mavs got screwed so badly in that Rondo trade, I just can't help but laugh.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

He's on the dfenders

Really haven't seen him play but from what I remember he sucks. He's no better than Sacre and having him as a starter is just insane.

This is true. He's alright, I guess.. to maybe a backup to Robert Sacre lol.

I know people here will do the popular thing and list the measurements and whatnot. Elite this.. elite that. He's pretty bad. I watched a few D-Fenders games and wasn't impressed. Good for a couple of blocks.. but I'd imagine he'd end up being a foul machine at the next level.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

Fills a need. And we get to stick it to the Celts! A win/win!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

The 3rd and 4th tier bigs this year are pretty good, relatively speaking. Of course Jordan, Gasol, Lopez x2, Jefferson, Hibbert, Asik, & Chandler are going to get the majority of the attention, but there's an additional tier of Koufos, Davis, Amir Johnson, & Brandan Wright (off the top of my head) that has guys who can play a bit.

By my count, there are a good 12 centers on the market who can contribute to a decent degree. That is highly unusual, and I think we can get someone for (relatively) cheap.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Boston wants to keep Crowder. He doesn't have 3 point range shooting just 28% from 3 point line with Boston. How much is he worth?

Quote:
During a Thursday morning interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub's Toucher and Rich, Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge suggested he believes Jae Crowder has a future with the team -- not a surprise given how the Celtics view the rugged 24-year-old forward, but important due to Crowder's status as a restricted free agent this summer.

Ainge fielded a question about whether Crowder has exceeded expectations since arriving in the December trade that sent Rajon Rondo to Dallas.

"We knew that Jae was a really good player," Ainge told the radio show. "He was a main cog in the whole trade. We really liked him. This is his first chance at getting to play a lot of minutes, so you never really know for sure. But we really did like Jae Crowder, and we feel like he's a part of our team going forward."

LINK
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Sounds like Boston wants to keep Crowder. He doesn't have 3 point range shooting just 28% from 3 point line with Boston. How much is he worth?

Quote:
During a Thursday morning interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub's Toucher and Rich, Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge suggested he believes Jae Crowder has a future with the team -- not a surprise given how the Celtics view the rugged 24-year-old forward, but important due to Crowder's status as a restricted free agent this summer.

Ainge fielded a question about whether Crowder has exceeded expectations since arriving in the December trade that sent Rajon Rondo to Dallas.

"We knew that Jae was a really good player," Ainge told the radio show. "He was a main cog in the whole trade. We really liked him. This is his first chance at getting to play a lot of minutes, so you never really know for sure. But we really did like Jae Crowder, and we feel like he's a part of our team going forward."

LINK

Not really sure. 5 to 6 mill maybe? He's restricted so he would have to be a little overpaid for Boston to pass on matching him.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

This is just a great FA class of centers in general and most will be available. That's where the value is. Marc is the only player we really don't have a chance at getting but the others will test free agency. We would be better off signing a big and drafting a perimeter player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

We would be better off drafting whoever the best player is when we pick, be it a big or perimeter player. I think we might have a legit shot at Chandler, especially if the Mavs bow out in the first round. I think Robin Lopez depends on what LA does, and want no part of his brother. Asik will be there and I think Hibbert will as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 546 of 2526
Jump to: