Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
WOJ: Boston has been no sure thing to lure Love, but it had a better shot than most had believed. If Love left the Cavaliers, the Celtics had closed the gap on the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Welcome Kevin Love to LAL

I don't think you read the tweet properly. It said the gap closed between us and the Celtics.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
WOJ: Boston has been no sure thing to lure Love, but it had a better shot than most had believed. If Love left the Cavaliers, the Celtics had closed the gap on the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

I don't think you read the tweet properly. It said the gap closed between us and the Celtics.

also if u read the whole article it says the scumbag move might have hurt it

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 18m18 minutes ago
Column: For months, Boston has quietly gathered momentum as free agent destination for Kevin Love. Olynyk blow it? http://yhoo.it/1Jum91D
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
According to Hoopshype, the Spurs can easily offer a max for LMA as well as THEN some. While also signing Leonard to his max because Leonard's cap hold is so low.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

LMA would still get his max money while winning with the Spurs.

(bleep) Spurs and their good FO.

Well Hoopshype isn't the best spot for looking at capholds. Leonard caphold is actually 7.2 million. Corey Joseph caphold is 5.0, and Danny Green caphold is 7.6 million. So if they max out both LMA and Leonard, they will probably lose Green.

That last year option for Leonard didn't list it as his cap hold, it's just how much he would get in a qualifying offer.

But yes you're right, his cap hold is 7.2 mill. Which is still really low compared to his max contract and what that is gonna be.

I think the Spurs are the favorites for sure, but if LA gets out from under Nick Young's contract than it's a new ballgame IMO.

Getting rid of Nick Young is easier said than done.

God freaking damn it what a stupid stupid STUPID brainless move the FO made in resigning him last season...ESPECIALLY TO THAT CONTRACT!

Can the Lakers take Young at gun point and convince him to switch his contract with Clarkson's?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Goodbye to Jeremy Lin.... according to Mychal Thomspon with Mason and Ireland ... Lin is gonna seek 8M/10M per .... it was good knowing you Lin.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Goodbye to Jeremy Lin.... according to Mychal Thomspon with Mason and Ireland ... Lin is gonna seek 8M/10M per .... it was good knowing you Lin.

PffffffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Good luck with that Lin. You'll need it.
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Kevin love who had fantasy of becoming a Laker is going to reject the lakers when they offer max and an opportunity to be face of franchise going forward?

I dont think so

I would be disappointed if we signed Love to a max Deal for a few reasons. The first reason is I want guys who can play good defense down low, and I don't see him doing that. Also after this year I think your paying too much for him if you offer a max deal. Last what do you do with Randle if we sign Love?
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I would take Aminu
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kevin love who had fantasy of becoming a Laker is going to reject the lakers when they offer max and an opportunity to be face of franchise going forward?

I dont think so

I would be disappointed if we signed Love to a max Deal for a few reasons. The first reason is I want guys who can play good defense down low, and I don't see him doing that. Also after this year I think your paying too much for him if you offer a max deal. Last what do you do with Randle if we sign Love?

Plays good defense like Deandre Jordan who cant stay on court because hack-a-Jordan? People want to give him max to him to stay on bench in playoffs
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
I would take Aminu

Mini mle? Or he demands more cause of 1 tonight's game?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

So woj basically says celts had a real chance to steal love but might have hurt there chances.. Basically leaving the feeling that love to lal is a done deal....unless he picks up his option.

Last edited by K0BEE 2.0 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

Plays good defense like Deandre Jordan who cant stay on court because hack-a-Jordan? People want to give him max to him to stay on bench in playoffs

I would go after Tyson Chandler if he is willing to sign a 2-3 year deal honestly aroun 8-10 million to finish his career in LA. I don't want to waste the Randle pick by signing someone who is going to take his spot. Chandler on the right deal, and Randle starting I feel has a better shot of working then Love and benching Randle.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Talk of Aldridge to SA but would he be interested in joining them if TD and Pop retire? If I were a FA, I would like to see that team without Pop coaching them.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Talk of Aldridge to SA but would he be interested in joining them if TD and Pop retire? If I were a FA, I would like to see that team without Pop coaching them.

Sure why wouldn't he wanna play with Leonard?

He's a borderline superstar. Reigning DPOY and only will get better.

Would've made the All Star team if not for injury.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

I would go after Tyson Chandler if he is willing to sign a 2-3 year deal honestly aroun 8-10 million to finish his career in LA. I don't want to waste the Randle pick by signing someone who is going to take his spot. Chandler on the right deal, and Randle starting I feel has a better shot of working then Love and benching Randle.

i love randle but he needs to prove he can stay healthy over 82 games
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Sure why wouldn't he wanna play with Leonard?

He's a borderline superstar. Reigning DPOY and only will get better.

Would've made the All Star team if not for injury.

Just saying that Pop has been the coach for so long that I expect a tough transition into another coach. FAs may believe the same.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Woj should stick to BREAKING NEWS instead of writing dumb opinion articles. Olnyk messing up Love's arm doesn't reduce the chances he chooses the Celtics in free agency. Ridiculous.
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

i love randle but he needs to prove he can stay healthy over 82 games

I totally agree, but signing Love to a max deal IMO isn't the smartest idea. I think we need to focus on C and SF and both should be at least good defenders or big time scorers. This team has been so week at C offensively and defensively for a while now other then the short time Dwight was here. If we get the first two picks we need to go Okafor or Towns, and if we fall outside of that Winslow is my guy. Depending on that goes is how we should approach FA. I like Chandler because he is a veteran leader who can show the young player how to play hard and with passion. This approach might not make us instant contenders, but it is building blocks towards being a better team for the long term. IMO if we sign Love we might as well trade Randle.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Woj should stick to <b>BREAKING NEWS</b> instead of writing dumb opinion articles. Olnyk messing up Love's arm doesn't reduce the chances he chooses the Celtics in free agency. Ridiculous.

Not only that but if any of that had any truth to it, they can just trade Kelly since he would be expendable with Love on board.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

DeAndre Jordan stays on the court all of the time when they're intentionally fouling him.

Hack-A-Whomever is bad strategy, and Jordan's no exception. How often does this actually work?

http://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/ezekowitz-hackafoul-waterfall.png

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/intentionally-fouling-deandre-jordan-is-futile/

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
32 wrote:
Woj should stick to <b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> instead of writing dumb opinion articles. Olnyk messing up Love's arm doesn't reduce the chances he chooses the Celtics in free agency. Ridiculous.

Not only that but if any of that had any truth to it, they can just trade Kelly since he would be expendable with Love on board.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Olnyk is a scrub.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Good point.. I'm sure the celts would deal away kelly to make room to love.. I respect woj a lot but this is one of his dumbest moments I have seen and that includes all the writers and sources this article he wrote is a bad writing and it's shocking coming from him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

The one thing I can see that would deter Love from signing with the Celtics is they are a dirty franchise. For some reason when players put on that puke green uniform they become cocky and dirty.

Last edited by 32 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
LMA will be deciding between the Lakers and the Spurs come July, Really don't see the Knicks in it.

He's signing a two year deal with a player option on the second year, so it might not even matter who he signs with this year. He's a 9 year veteran, which means he can't make the real max (35% as opposed to 30%), so it makes sense to delay FA for a year and then get the salary cap bump as well.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The only thing I can see that would deter Love from signing with the Celtics is they are a dirty franchise. For some reason when players put on that puke green uniform they become cocky and dirty players.

Going to the Celtics is basically falling to the dark side.

Paul Pierce use to be an innocent, good player going to the NBA in the draft that was also a huge die hard Lakers fan...then he puts on that Celtics uniform and he goes full douche...wheelchair douche even.

Makes me sad to see Isiah Thomas too since he was a huge Lakers fan as well and wanted to sign with this team BADLY last offseason...now he's on the complete opposite instead.

Marcus Smart with him being a douche as well, fits perfectly in that Celtics uniform.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

What exactly has Boston done to close the gap on the Lakers? The Lakers were always considered the front runners because of history, location, etc. What has changed between the start of the season and now that has made Boston that more attractive than before.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 567 of 2526
Jump to: