Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 753, 754, 755 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The team I want next year

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

so 23mil u going to waste on 29yr old 3&D and other role players?

great
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

That makes much more sense.

Although switch Black to PF. Black and Davis would play together as the rotational front court. Kelly is a bench warmer.

Hopefully the Lakers can also sign Joseph as a backup PG tho. But I wouldn't be opposed to Rozier I guess.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

I don't get the infatuation with Carrol. He's a journeyman that's had one good season.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great
If we want to win more this is the way to go. It takes balance, signing players like Tobias Harris won't necessarily make the team better.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

...two good seasons. But no, he shouldn't be on our list of targets.

And anyone who thinks we should count out Rondo, and not even consider him needs to either watch more basketball or stop just repeating everything they hear on ESPN. Rondo was a very effective PG for Boston this year, but couldn't figure it out with the Mavs. Why? His style of play - he's not the type of PG who just takes orders from his head coach. Rondo needs to have the freedom to make the play calls himself - that's when he's at his best. Sure, he doesn't have the same kind of athleticism that he did 3 years ago, but he's still one of the best passers in the NBA, and that's a skill we could use on this team. Of course, it needs to come at the right price. If you don't try to put Rondo in a box (like Carlisle did), and just let him play like he plays best, you'll be able to get 12/10 out of him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great
If we want to win more this is the way to go. It takes balance, signing players like Tobias Harris won't necessarily make the team better.

Harris would be a more ideal player long term.

No matter who we sign, we won't win anything next season. Trying to figure out how to win now is a useless endeavor.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

No matter who we sign, we won't win anything next season. Trying to figure out how to win now is a useless endeavor.
He wants the ball in his hands a lot, not a typical 3 and D player. We can't have too many players that want to score 20 a game, need balance.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Duece and Jim, the next time I have to tell you to knock it off, you will be sitting out until free agency. The board is getting tired of your aggressive behavior, and I'm sick of constantly telling you to behave.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

He wants the ball in his hands a lot, not a typical 3 and D player. We can't have too many players that want to score 20 a game, need balance.

Harris though is only 22 years old. He has many years where we can mold him into the kind of player we want him to be.

He's already a good shooter, and on this team, he would get more open looks with teams focusing on Kobe, Okafor/Towns, Clarkson, etc.
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Insiders Expect Kevin Love To Leave Cavaliers In Free Agency

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237930/Insiders-Expect-Kevin-Love-To-Leave-Cavaliers-In-Free-Agency

Quote:
"Part of what's going on there is the Lakers' boogeyman," said Lowe. "They don't just say he's out of there, they say 'He's going to the Lakers.' That has much to do with the fear people have of the Lakers as it does with Kevin Love."

Last edited by exempt on Sat May 23, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

Harris though is only 22 years old. He has many years where we can mold him into the kind of player we want him to be.

He's already a good shooter, and on this team, he would get more open looks with teams focusing on Kobe, Okafor/Towns, Clarkson, etc.

if we really want to rebuild, we should sign with up and coming players. my 2 cents
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

if we really want to rebuild, we should sign with up and coming players. my 2 cents

That's why I like Harris/Middleton/Butler (although Butler has already come but you get what I mean ).

And young role players like Cory Joseph.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Harris is a ball dominant scorer, a poors man Melo and not really a good defender. I like him as a player, just don't like the fit with Okafor/Randle. I prefer the 2 wing players to be veterans that put defense 1st before offense, but can also shoot the 3. Carroll, Danny Green, and if Wes Matthews was healthy are the perimeter players I would want.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Harris is a ball dominant scorer, a poors man Melo and not really a good defender. I like him as a player, just don't like the fit with Okafor/Randle. I prefer the 2 wing players to be veterans that put defense 1st before offense, but can also shoot the 3. Carroll, Danny Green, and if Wes Matthews was healthy are the perimeter players I would want.

But again, he's 22 years old. A 22 year old that's a 17 point scorer already with 47% FG.

I think he's a wonderful fit. He's a go-to guy. A player you can rely on in late games. He's already had some clutch games in his resume. We don't have that kind of player long term. I mean yeah Clarkson but Clarkson is in a playmaker role.

Again, I can't emphasize enough that's he only 22. His weaknesses at his age, and on the right team (like here ) can be corrected.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

great

I don't get the infatuation with Carrol. He's a journeyman that's had one good season.

same here, unless he comes cheap.
StnlyRoper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
...two good seasons. But no, he shouldn't be on our list of targets.

And anyone who thinks we should count out Rondo, and not even consider him needs to either watch more basketball or stop just repeating everything they hear on ESPN. Rondo was a very effective PG for Boston this year, but couldn't figure it out with the Mavs. Why? His style of play - he's not the type of PG who just takes orders from his head coach. Rondo needs to have the freedom to make the play calls himself - that's when he's at his best. Sure, he doesn't have the same kind of athleticism that he did 3 years ago, but he's still one of the best passers in the NBA, and that's a skill we could use on this team. Of course, it needs to come at the right price. If you don't try to put Rondo in a box (like Carlisle did), and just let him play like he plays best, you'll be able to get 12/10 out of him.

I've felt the same way about Damare Carrol it's worrying when his best season by far is his contract season.
And about Rondo; I've been thinking the only success Byrons had as a coach is when he's had a point guard that runs the offense for him (Paul with the Hornets & Kidd with the Nets). He's like the anti-Carlisle. He'll have full freedom to run the offense. Sure he doesn't have the explosion anymore but I think he can still read a defense & set up his teammates.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject:

exempt wrote:
Quote:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/237930/Insiders-Expect-Kevin-Love-To-Leave-Cavaliers-In-Free-Agency

Quote:
"Part of what's going on there is the Lakers' boogeyman," said Lowe. "They don't just say he's out of there, they say 'He's going to the Lakers.' That has much to do with the fear people have of the Lakers as it does with Kevin Love."

If we sign Love I would try and take Randle + Clarkson + 27th for the 4th pick and sign whoever is leftover of Mudiay/Russell

Okafor
Love
FA
Kobe
Mudiay/Russell
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject:

No Love please. 20 million for a no D, team buster. Go get green from GS. They will have a shot with him with GS being capped pretty well.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
No Love please. 20 million for a no D, team buster. Go get green from GS. They will have a shot with him with GS being capped pretty well.

Um no, no they won't. Why is it so hard for people to understand that teams aren't walking away from prime rfa's?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
exempt wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

If we sign Love I would try and take Randle + Clarkson + 27th for the 4th pick and sign whoever is leftover of Mudiay/Russell

Okafor
Love
FA
Kobe
Mudiay/Russell

You would seriously trade all that for the 4th pick? Randle alone is better than the 4th. Heck i would take Clarkson over Mudiay everyday and twice on Sundays. One of the worst trade proposals I have seen.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

Would these dudes really sign Love to pair with Okafor? I can't understand that. Offensively it makes a lot of sense. And you'd be crazy not to run the triangle with that frontcourt. But the defense and Randle?

Who could we trade Randle for to complete that lineup? Or would we just use him as a bench player?

Clarkson
Kobe
???
Love
Okafor
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject:

Don't do it Mitch. I'll dread having to watch him play for the Lakers.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject:

if we get Rondo then I bet we get Love.

Remember Rondo and Love were hanging out in Boston before he was dealt to CLEAVeland.

Not that I want that to happen though.....
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Duece and Jim, the next time I have to tell you to knock it off, you will be sitting out until free agency. The board is getting tired of your aggressive behavior, and I'm sick of constantly telling you to behave.

I have calmly, wrote contributing posts.. I'm not gonna change the subject of this thread.... but it's not fair pointing fingers at me..... you know I love having friendly conversations... and most posters here know that.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

I really don't want Love on this team. We can do a lot better in FA to surround Okafor/Randle/Clarkson with players who will make an impact defensively.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 753, 754, 755 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 754 of 2526
Jump to: