Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I really don't want Love on this team. We can do a lot better in FA to surround Okafor/Randle/Clarkson with players who will make an impact defensively.

Who do you like that's available?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
I really don't want Love on this team. We can do a lot better in FA to surround Okafor/Randle/Clarkson with players who will make an impact defensively.

Any combination of Carroll/Davis, Danny Green/Davis, Matthews/Davis. Players that can defend and shoot the 3.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

I still don't think the Lakers are going to make as big of a splash in free agency as many are hoping. I think the Lakers are going to focus more on developing Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, and Karl Anthony-Towns / Jahlil Okafor. I don't know that there's any wheeling and dealing you could do to get this to a championship caliber team (unless some superstar becomes available) in one year nor do I think you should try. I know everyone wants to get Kobe his 6th but I just don't think its in the cards *this year*

I think they'll do their due diligence and see if they could snag a Jimmy Butler or Khris Middleton but ultimately I think they'll go after a small forward who's more of a "placeholder" than anything. Maybe a 1+1 type of contract on a decent deal.

Someone like

K.J. McDaniels
Wesley Johnson
Al-Farouq Aminu (if he opts out)

I could also see quite a few veterans on the bench to make sure the young players aren't expected to carry the load offensively.

Outside of a few (majorly unattainable) free agents this year.. I just think 2016 is much, much better.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:

@HowardBeck: Mitch Kupchak tells us on NBA Sunday Tip, "We don’t have …. the time to methodically and slowly build through the draft." @br_radio

Music to my ears. So we will go hard after marquee fa like gasol, love, LMA & others
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I still don't think the Lakers are going to make as big of a splash in free agency as many are hoping. I think the Lakers are going to focus more on developing Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, and Karl Anthony-Towns / Jahlil Okafor. I don't know that there's any wheeling and dealing you could do to get this to a championship caliber team (unless some superstar becomes available) in one year nor do I think you should try. I know everyone wants to get Kobe his 6th but I just don't think its in the cards *this year*

I think they'll do their due diligence and see if they could snag a Jimmy Butler or Khris Middleton but ultimately I think they'll go after a small forward who's more of a "placeholder" than anything. Maybe a 1+1 type of contract on a decent deal.

Someone like

K.J. McDaniels
Wesley Johnson
Al-Farouq Aminu (if he opts out)

I could also see quite a few veterans on the bench to make sure the young players aren't expected to carry the load offensively.

Outside of a few (majorly unattainable) free agents this year.. I just think 2016 is much, much better.

I think so too for the most part.

Mitch is crazy for Clarkson and Randle especially. They aren't going to sign a max guy at their respective position. Makes no sense. Especially crap like Rondo.

As long as they sign young role players like Cory Joseph, Aminu, etc. I'm pretty ok with that. This Free Agency class is kinda crap unless we draft Russell and have some sixth sense that we can sign DeAndre Jordan.

Although I still want Harris, Middleton or Butler and hope to at least try going after them.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

"For the Warriors, specifically, it could mean doing something they've desperately tried to avoid for years: paying the luxury tax. If Green gets a max offer sheet this summer, they'll be forced into a position where matching it will put them over the tax line (barring a major salary-shedding trade between now and then), someplace they've never been."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2335520-draymond-green-looks-like-nbas-next-defensive-superstar

Maybe we should max-out Draymond Green just so the Warriors will be forced to match and it puts them in luxury tax territory.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
"For the Warriors, specifically, it could mean doing something they've desperately tried to avoid for years: paying the luxury tax. If Green gets a max offer sheet this summer, they'll be forced into a position where matching it will put them over the tax line (barring a major salary-shedding trade between now and then), someplace they've never been."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2335520-draymond-green-looks-like-nbas-next-defensive-superstar

Maybe we should max-out Draymond Green just so the Warriors will be forced to match and it puts them in luxury tax territory.

If the Warriors win the title this year, I'm sure they will do whatever possible to match him no matter what offer.

They got smart people at the FO, including Jerry West guiding them. I'm sure they will figure it out, I think?
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

If the Warriors win the title this year, I'm sure they will do whatever possible to match him no matter what offer.

They got smart people at the FO, including Jerry West guiding them. I'm sure they will figure it out, I think?

whether they win or not they will bring back Green.

He is the heart and soul of the team.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

The warriors can easily get rid of D Lee by attaching their 1st. No need to go in lux tax
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
The warriors can easily get rid of D Lee by attaching their 1st. No need to go in lux tax

I could see Philly taking that deal since they are way under the salary cap and are collecting draft picks.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Yeah that's very possible.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

The Warriors are like a +40 when Green in on the floor versus when he's off. Green allows them to play small without getting punished defensively. And he's a role player who always goes hard. He will most certainly be maxed whether they win the Championship or not.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Any combination of Carroll/Davis, Danny Green/Davis, Matthews/Davis. Players that can defend and shoot the 3.

I think the front office is going to go after Love this offseason. All signs are pointing towards moving Julius to the small forward(weight loss, focus on outside jumper in workouts) and positions are going away more and more anyways. Its now just about having players who can fill different roles. Julius makes up for Loves lack of athleticism and Love makes up for lack of shooting. The key to this is whether or not Julius can become a versatile defender who can guard the best forward on the other team. I believe he can become a similar defender to Draymond Green. What if the lineup looked like this next year:
Clarkson
Kobe
Middleton/Harris or even Butler if we are lucky
Love
Okafor/Towns
Bring Julius off the bench as a rookie and have him play both forward spots then when Kobe retires move him into the starting lineup. That team would also have cap space to try and bring in Westbrook eventually.
Westbrook
Middleton/Harris
Julius
Love
Okafor/Towns
This is a possibility for the future and would allow Clarkson to come off the bench and play either guard spot which I think is the role Clarkson would be most effective in.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

The Warriors are like a +40 when Green in on the floor versus when he's off. Green allows them to play small without getting punished defensively. And he's a role player who always goes hard. He will most certainly be maxed whether they win the Championship or not.

I remember seeing that stat too. I would not have believed it before.

It's no joke when people say Green is the heart and soul of the team.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

Kevin Love is only 26 too.

If that shoulder checks out, Lakers are going all out on him imo.

Hope the Cavaliers enjoyed the 1 year rental
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

And people question the merits of drafting WCS with a top 5 pick. Green doesn't have great numbers, but he does have impact. That's key.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

And people question the merits of drafting WCS with a top 5 pick. Green doesn't have great numbers, but he does have impact. That's key.

WCS is a rim protector, not the versatile defender Green is. Draymond Green in no way justifies taking WCS in the top 5. Last year he rarely guarded the best post player, it was usually Towns and he guarded the lesser big or the biggest perimeter player like against Notre Dame. Draymond is also a great facilitator on offense where WCS can finish an alley-oop and that's about it offensively.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

It's really hard for the lakers to go after all the FAs there gonna want a contract locked up ASAP so I expect the lakers to go after there only target they have in mind and maybe other complimentary role players.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

Draymond Green wouldn't be as effective on another team. They have one of the best back-courts in history. He can focus on doing all the little things and defense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
The team I want next year

Okafor/Davis/Black
Randle/Kelly
Carroll/Anderson
Kobe/Young/Brown
Clarkson/Rozier

so 23mil u going to waste on 29yr old 3&D and other role players?

great
If we want to win more this is the way to go. It takes balance, signing players like Tobias Harris won't necessarily make the team better.

Harris would be a more ideal player long term.

No matter who we sign, we won't win anything next season. Trying to figure out how to win now is a useless endeavor.

Not for the Laker FO, they want to make the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

StnlyRoper wrote:
Big Shot Bob wrote:
...two good seasons. But no, he shouldn't be on our list of targets.

And anyone who thinks we should count out Rondo, and not even consider him needs to either watch more basketball or stop just repeating everything they hear on ESPN. Rondo was a very effective PG for Boston this year, but couldn't figure it out with the Mavs. Why? His style of play - he's not the type of PG who just takes orders from his head coach. Rondo needs to have the freedom to make the play calls himself - that's when he's at his best. Sure, he doesn't have the same kind of athleticism that he did 3 years ago, but he's still one of the best passers in the NBA, and that's a skill we could use on this team. Of course, it needs to come at the right price. If you don't try to put Rondo in a box (like Carlisle did), and just let him play like he plays best, you'll be able to get 12/10 out of him.

I've felt the same way about Damare Carrol it's worrying when his best season by far is his contract season.
And about Rondo; I've been thinking the only success Byrons had as a coach is when he's had a point guard that runs the offense for him (Paul with the Hornets & Kidd with the Nets). He's like the anti-Carlisle. He'll have full freedom to run the offense. Sure he doesn't have the explosion anymore but I think he can still read a defense & set up his teammates.

If that is the case why didn't he do the same in other contract seasons?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Kevin Love is only 26 too.

If that shoulder checks out, Lakers are going all out on him imo.

Hope the Cavaliers enjoyed the 1 year rental

I would be more worried about his back.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

WCS is a rim protector, not the versatile defender Green is. Draymond Green in no way justifies taking WCS in the top 5. Last year he rarely guarded the best post player, it was usually Towns and he guarded the lesser big or the biggest perimeter player like against Notre Dame. Draymond is also a great facilitator on offense where WCS can finish an alley-oop and that's about it offensively.

I am guessing you didn't watch much of WCS. He is a more versatile defender than Green is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Draymond Green wouldn't be as effective on another team. They have one of the best back-courts in history. He can focus on doing all the little things and defense.

This has become the most overused cliché here at LG.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

What all reports are indicating is we're going to draft either Towns or Okafor...we're going to try to sign Butler or Carroll....if we can't sign either I say we sign Gerald Green and save some $....I doubt we go after Love...we have to develop Randle and there is no way Randle is a small forward...he's quick in the post and a good offensive rebounder....he needs to stay close to the basket or at least 15 foot range....I hope they go after Sessions as a back up to Clarkson for several reasons including injuries, experience and fatigue. Not sold on Jabari Brown but I would keep him to continue to develop him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 754, 755, 756 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 755 of 2526
Jump to: