Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

My list would be:

Butler (RFA)
M Gasol
Asik
D. Jordan
Danny Green
Chandler
R. Jackson (RFA)
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Draymond? Absolutely. Put some pressure on Warriors. He's the kind of versatile and hard nosed player I like.

they will be paying:

Klay 15.5
iggy: 11.7
bogut:12
lee:15.4
curry: 11.3
livingston 5.5
barnes: 3.8

so thats around 80mil

they have to pay to barnes too.

Last edited by Jim99187 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
My list would be:

Butler (RFA)
M Gasol
Asik
D. Jordan
Danny Green
Chandler
R. Jackson (RFA)

mine is:
Butler
R Jackson
Draymond Green
T harris

ya i know all RFA's but with Star potential
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Warriors have deep pockets, I think if they get to the WCFs this season they spend. The contracts of Thompson, Green and Barnes would be easy to move.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
My list would be:

Butler (RFA)
M Gasol
Asik
D. Jordan
Danny Green
Chandler
R. Jackson (RFA)

mine is:
Butler
R Jackson
Draymond Green
T harris

ya i know all RFA's but with Star potential

You would also have to be prepared for more one year contracts going into 2016 if you don't get one of them. You are looking at two weeks of FA tied up in them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They could probably shed some contracts with giving up a 1st rounder. I think they see Butler (particularly with Rose being hurt) as a must keep. They'd move Taj before they walk away from Butler IMO.

The contracts they can shed are guys like Gasol and Mirotic. If they remain against the tax, there is a good chance they lose Butler. If they decide they will pay, then they likley match. But our FO should force them to make that decision.

Sure. But it'll be a costly decision to dump a max or near max on Butler, wait 72 hours while that cap space is tied up. We can't offer a max to anyone if we make that offer to Butler.

And if Butler is matched, then we just wasted 72 hours, and let other FAs slip. That's the dangerous calculation with RFAs.

u keep bringing the rfa scenario. if gasol/rondo commits and hibbert doesnt opt out, i prefer to wait 72hours on bot R Jackson/Butler before giving contracts to Wes Matthews/ A Afflalo.

Wes/Aaron are role players while the 2 guys i mentioned have star potential

If we have a top 5 pick, we don't have the $ to pay max (Gasol or Rondo) and go after RFA in the first place.

While we are waiting on Gasol/Rondo to make a decision (Melo/LBJ took a week plus), what do you do? Because once you make a RFA pitch to Butler/RJAX, you can't offer a max to Gasol/Rondo? See what's happening here?
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
My list would be:

Butler (RFA)
M Gasol
Asik
D. Jordan
Danny Green
Chandler
R. Jackson (RFA)

I think Butler get's matched , R. Jackson will probably not
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They could probably shed some contracts with giving up a 1st rounder. I think they see Butler (particularly with Rose being hurt) as a must keep. They'd move Taj before they walk away from Butler IMO.

The contracts they can shed are guys like Gasol and Mirotic. If they remain against the tax, there is a good chance they lose Butler. If they decide they will pay, then they likley match. But our FO should force them to make that decision.

Sure. But it'll be a costly decision to dump a max or near max on Butler, wait 72 hours while that cap space is tied up. We can't offer a max to anyone if we make that offer to Butler.

And if Butler is matched, then we just wasted 72 hours, and let other FAs slip. That's the dangerous calculation with RFAs.

u keep bringing the rfa scenario. if gasol/rondo commits and hibbert doesnt opt out, i prefer to wait 72hours on bot R Jackson/Butler before giving contracts to Wes Matthews/ A Afflalo.

If we have a top 5 pick, we don't have the $ to pay max (Gasol or Rondo) and go after RFA in the first place.

While we are waiting on Gasol/Rondo to make a decision (Melo/LBJ took a week plus), what do you do? Because once you make a RFA pitch to Butler/RJAX, you can't offer a max to Gasol/Rondo? See what's happening here?

Yes, I kind of throw up in my mouth everytime I read Rondo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
My list would be:

Butler (RFA)
M Gasol
Asik
D. Jordan
Danny Green
Chandler
R. Jackson (RFA)

I think Butler get's matched , R. Jackson will probably not

Both are with teams determined not to pay tax, so it will be interesting to see what they do if the two are offered $14-15 mil contracts.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if Cavs get desperate would they take Jordan Hill, Lin and Rockets draft pick for Kevin Love.
SwaggyWin
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
Wonder if Cavs get desperate would they take Jordan Hill, Lin and Rockets draft pick for Kevin Love.

what is motivation for them to do that? neither Hill nor Lin provide any help to their defensive woo. and they got LBJ and Kyrie handling ball, what is Lin going to do?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:

why would they do it? they have Andy V and TT who feel the need that hill brings.

they r in win now mode
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler at $11 million and Reggie Jackson at $11 million. Draft Karl Towns.

Last edited by PhoenixForce on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know that.

usually the UFA's make decision in the 1st 4/5 days. its LBJ and his alter ego who took so many days to decided. 11 days actually.

if the RFA's wanted to sign with their teams they would have done in oct.
if not they will just wait for offers to come and then sign an offersheet they think will be good for them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Jimmy Butler at $11 million and Reggie Jackson at $11 million. Draft Karl Towns.

And likely both teams match at that low of a price (def. for Butler).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know that.

usually the UFA's make decision in the 1st 4/5 days. its LBJ and his alter ego who took so many days to decided. 11 days actually.

if not they will just wait for offers to come and then sign an offersheet they think will be good for them.

That assumes RFAs will just wait around a week for the Lakers to pursue their real #1 options, which they may but may not.

Some RFAs didn't sign in October b/c they didn't come to terms. The problem is once they sign an offer sheet, the Lakers are out of the running.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

And that Okafor, Towns and or Turner dream might just be that, a dream. Doubt we get that low of a pick now with Anti-Tank Swaggy on the roster.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

And that Okafor, Towns and or Turner dream might just be that, a dream. Doubt we get that low of a pick now with Anti-Tank Swaggy on the roster.

Have you seen our defense?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

How can you see something that is nonexistent?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know that.

That assumes RFAs will just wait around a week for the Lakers to pursue their real #1 options, which they may but may not.

Some RFAs didn't sign in October b/c they didn't come to terms. The problem is once they sign an offer sheet, the Lakers are out of the running.

u are assuming that they might not wait and I am assuming they might wait till the top free agents are gone.

I guess since u are an attorney you want to have the last say in every argument/discussion you make?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

did u expect the lakers to go 1/81?

remember we have injury prone J Hill as our center and Vitti as our trainer.

so dont give up so quick. we can end up with worst 4th and still get the 5th pick

usually its only 1 team that comes into top 3
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know that.

u are assuming that they might not wait and I am assuming they might wait till the top free agents are gone.

I guess since u are an attorney you want to have the last say in every argument/discussion you make?

That is the definition of an attorney. Yes.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That is the definition of an attorney. Yes.

& just talking to u online, u make 1 MF attorney
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

How about signing Iman Shumpert this summer?

He is a great defender, young, athletic and would be a cheaper alternative to Jimmy Butler who a lot of people here want.

He is quietly having a good season averaging 12/4/3 while shooting 48% from the field and 53% from 3.

He will also be a RFA but I don't think NY would match as that would prevent them from offering the max to a C like Gasol or Jordan.

There was a rumor last season that we were interested in him so I could see us making a run at him again this summer.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I've watched every game this season, what is this thing called defense that you're talking about?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 14 of 2526
Jump to: