Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
How about signing Iman Shumpert this summer?

He is a great defender, young, athletic and would be a cheaper alternative to Jimmy Butler who a lot of people here want.

He is quietly having a good season averaging 12/4/3 while shooting 48% from the field and 53% from 3.

He will also be a RFA but I don't think NY would match as that would prevent them from offering the max to a C like Gasol or Jordan.

There was a rumor last season that we were interested in him so I could see us making a run at him again this summer.

Yuck no. I prefer to sign afflallo or wes matthews before Suckspert
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Watching this Bulls game right now and Butler is very impressive there is no way they let him go that easy.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Troublesome626 wrote:
Watching this Bulls game right now and Butler is very impressive there is no way they let him go that easy.

i dont care if we get them or they are matched. I want the lakers to throw 13/14 @ kawahi, butler and R Jackson
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

i dont care if we get them or they are matched. I want the lakers to throw 13/14 @ kawahi, butler and R Jackson

Why? For the fun of it?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

He is a great defender, young, athletic and would be a cheaper alternative to Jimmy Butler who a lot of people here want.

He is quietly having a good season averaging 12/4/3 while shooting 48% from the field and 53% from 3.

He will also be a RFA but I don't think NY would match as that would prevent them from offering the max to a C like Gasol or Jordan.

There was a rumor last season that we were interested in him so I could see us making a run at him again this summer.

I think you mean you prefer to sign no one because youre busy giving offers to restricted free agents and watching their teams match?

Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

I think you mean you prefer to sign no one because youre busy giving offers to restricted free agents and watching their teams match?

yes home run baby...or J hill come on down & get ur last 9mil check
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I do not see any home run's from the names be mentioned besides Kawahi and he will be matched for sure.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

Why? For the fun of it?

Reggie Jackson would be obtainable. Not the other 2
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

Why? For the fun of it?

they said the same thing about parsons and look where he is playing now.

Bledsoe was attainable too. just bad that no team would give him an offer because of his injuries.

unless u try it, u won't know.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

Why? For the fun of it?

OKC and Chicago are not going to match high offers for Reggie or Butler. Reggie is not as good as Harden and they didn't want to pay him. On top of that, Reggie plays the same position as Westbrook.

Logic would say that Chicago SHOULD pay Butler what he is worth, but they are a relatively frugal organization.

Kawai, well, we have absolutely no chance of getting him.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Troublesome626 wrote:

Why? For the fun of it?

OKC and Chicago are not going to match high offers for Reggie or Butler. Reggie is not as good as Harden and they didn't want to pay him. On top of that, Reggie plays the same position as Westbrook.

Logic would say that Chicago SHOULD pay Butler what he is worth, but they are a relatively frugal organization.

Kawai, well, we have absolutely no chance of getting him.

If we throw money at rfas we might miss out on........no one. Because ufas suck this summer. I'm all for making these small markets play the money game. After all, that's our biggest advantage.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject:

Wait for Durant then the year after that get Anthony Davis

Anyone but Lin
Young
Durant
Randle
Davis

Multiple championships
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

Anyone but Lin
Young
Durant
Randle
Davis

Multiple championships

If by getting Anthony Davis, you mean 2022 or something. Sure.
rtype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

Anyone but Lin
Young
Durant
Randle
Davis

Multiple championships

not likely to get davis. maybe deandre jordan next yr & then KD 2016?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Sporting News reports Dragic is willing to test free agency, isn't pleased with having 3 PGs who all want the ball.

He's 28, going to be 29 next season. Is he worth a near max? Maybe. I've always liked him, but he's at that age where you have to worry about a slippage in play from a PG.
rtype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sporting News reports Dragic is willing to test free agency, isn't pleased with having 3 PGs who all want the ball.

He's 28, going to be 29 next season. Is he worth a near max? Maybe. I've always liked him, but he's at that age where you have to worry about a slippage in play from a PG.

wat is his max? for the PG, u need a guy with solid handles, not so much speed etc, since he is the supporting cast for whoever big free agent appears once kobe retires.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

rtype wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

wat is his max? for the PG, u need a guy with solid handles, not so much speed etc, since he is the supporting cast for whoever big free agent appears once kobe retires.

He attacks the rim a lot. Will that get better as he ages? Probably not. (He can also shoot but he really puts pressure going to the cup).
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

he has the kinda game you can give 4 years to and not worry about a decline based on his game isnt above the rim and based on athletiscm but cant see Phoenix letting him go
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he has the kinda game you can give 4 years to and not worry about a decline based on his game isnt above the rim and based on athletiscm but cant see Phoenix letting him go

But he's unresticted and they have sort of a logjam at PG.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But he's unresticted and they have sort of a logjam at PG.

yes and no when you consider Thomas is perfect backup PG because he likes to dominate the ball and that works with second team and Bledsoe really prefers playing off the ball and since Dragic is taller he can guard SG and Bledsoe PG's also dont think Dragic would let his brother sign just to leave him there in Phoenix
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

Dragic is not worth the max, especially with the style he likes to play. The year before the Suns only won 25 games, the addition of Bledsoe moved him to SG and he didn't have to worry about guarding the best PG's on a consistent basis. He plays in a PG friendly system and they run a lot, I'm not sure his strengths is the best fit with Byrons system.

He's a good player, more of a SG then a PG. Only avg 3 apg, and he's not a good defender. He's an upgrade over Lin, but for the max money he's going to want I would pass on him. Would rather have Rondo or Reggie Jackson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Dragic is not worth the max, especially with the style he likes to play. The year before the Suns only won 25 games, the addition of Bledsoe moved him to SG and he didn't have to worry about guarding the best PG's on a consistent basis. He plays in a PG friendly system and they run a lot, I'm not sure his strengths is the best fit with Byrons system.

He's a good player, more of a SG then a PG. Only avg 3 apg, and he's not a good defender. He's an upgrade over Lin, but for the max money he's going to want I would pass on him. Would rather have Rondo or Reggie Jackson.

My #1 PG target is RJax. But I think the team will go after Rondo first. Sigh.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

mine too but I am Ok with Rondo too if we go that route.

its just money for me.

Get Jackson + 8mil for other player
or
max on Rondo and done

actually my prime target is J Butler

Last edited by Jim99187 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

its just money for me.

or
max on Rondo and done

Yeah I much prefer the first scenario.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

its just money for me.

or
max on Rondo and done

Yeah I much prefer the first scenario.

yupe. my main target as FA becomes will be butlet tough. I have been following since he was drafted with 20/30th pick by chi
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 15 of 2526
Jump to: