Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Dragic is not worth the max, especially with the style he likes to play. The year before the Suns only won 25 games, the addition of Bledsoe moved him to SG and he didn't have to worry about guarding the best PG's on a consistent basis. He plays in a PG friendly system and they run a lot, I'm not sure his strengths is the best fit with Byrons system.

He's a good player, more of a SG then a PG. Only avg 3 apg, and he's not a good defender. He's an upgrade over Lin, but for the max money he's going to want I would pass on him. Would rather have Rondo or Reggie Jackson.

My #1 PG target is RJax. But I think the team will go after Rondo first. Sigh.

Fwiw, dragic does way better at of when bledsoe is off the court. Much lower, less effective numbers at two. I like Jackson, but LA is going to have to seriously overpay to have a shot. Don't want Rondo at his price tag.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Dragic is not worth the max, especially with the style he likes to play. The year before the Suns only won 25 games, the addition of Bledsoe moved him to SG and he didn't have to worry about guarding the best PG's on a consistent basis. He plays in a PG friendly system and they run a lot, I'm not sure his strengths is the best fit with Byrons system.

He's a good player, more of a SG then a PG. Only avg 3 apg, and he's not a good defender. He's an upgrade over Lin, but for the max money he's going to want I would pass on him. Would rather have Rondo or Reggie Jackson.

My #1 PG target is RJax. But I think the team will go after Rondo first. Sigh.

Fwiw, dragic does way better at of when bledsoe is off the court. Much lower, less effective numbers at two. I like Jackson, but LA is going to have to seriously overpay to have a shot. Don't want Rondo at his price tag.

i think with no talent on team we have to overpay to get talent on team.

honestly all guys above 26-28 are going to play with contending teams and not on lottery teams if they get the same money.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

Rondo > Jackson and I don't think it's close. I understand why some of you prefer Jackson because he's 4 years younger, but I don't think he'll be better then Rondo over the next 5 year contract. His basketball IQ is off the charts and makes players better. I do like Jackson potential and his defense is why I would take him over Dragic, but Rondo is on a different level then both.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Rondo > Jackson and I don't think it's close. I understand why some of you prefer Jackson because he's 4 years younger, but I don't think he'll be better then Rondo over the next 5 year contract. His basketball IQ is off the charts and makes players better. I do like Jackson potential and his defense is why I would take him over Dragic, but Rondo is on a different level then both.

@11million sure but not @20million max
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

Rondo max would be about $18 M, It's going to take at least $13 M to get Jackson from OKC. Dragic will want over $15 M, he had one good year and already complaining about touches. I'll take my chances with a proven PG like Rondo. We have to sign someone next year, Rondo would be well worth it IMO.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

Brandon Knight is still my first choice. I'll take him over Reggie Jackson, Rondo is getting old I'd rather go after a young pg that's still developing and has potential to be a scorer and a passer. I'm hoping Brandon will prefer playing in sunny California as oppose to freezing Milwaukee. The safest target is Reggie however.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

The debate about the PG position is precisely the reason why it's so important for the Lakers to be able to get a top rookie this season. For 4-5m, you can get an Okafor/Towns/Turner/Winslow/Johnson level player as opposed to spending 2-3 times that in free agency.

Gives the Lakers more bang for their buck so that the team doesn't have to feel like going after Rondo (for example) doesn't leave them with barely any other $ for free agents (8-9m left) when we have other big holes at SF/C.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject:

I think Towns might look alright in purple and gold.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers pay Rondo $18M this summer, many bananas will die

Dumbest move ever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Bynum with a jumper and maturity. I think he can reach prime Bynum '07-'08 levels. Which would be a noooooice future
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Brandon Knight is still my first choice. I'll take him over Reggie Jackson, Rondo is getting old I'd rather go after a young pg that's still developing and has potential to be a scorer and a passer. I'm hoping Brandon will prefer playing in sunny California as oppose to freezing Milwaukee. The safest target is Reggie however.

For Butler, RJax, Knight and other RFAs, it's not their choice.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Dumbest move ever

It's not a dumb move, but it's not a smart one either. I wouldn't be devastated but I can't say I'd be happy either. But if we got a young top 5 pick stud, that's a slightly different story. If we didn't and spent $18-19m of our $29m cap space on him, that's not a great start to the rebuild.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Dumbest move ever

It's not a dumb move, but it's not a smart one either. I wouldn't be devastated but I can't say I'd be happy either. But if we got a young top 5 pick stud, that's a slightly different story. If we didn't and spent $18-19m of our $29m cap space on him, that's not a great start to the rebuild.

No it's dumb either way.

That much money for a PG who can't stay healthy, has a toxic attitude, is unproven outside of playing with 3 HOF players, and would be playing on a rebuilding team with big market expectations?? Definition of dumb.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

okafor then towns
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Dumbest move ever

No it's dumb either way.

That much money for a PG who can't stay healthy, has a toxic attitude, is unproven outside of playing with 3 HOF players, and would be playing on a rebuilding team with big market expectations?? Definition of dumb.

It's really not that black/white. I agree that he has a toxic attitude, but the dude is a straight killer when healthy. My problems with him is that once Kobe retires, I don't want him to be the face of the Lakers.

But it's understandable if the Lakers want him (and I'm lukewarm to it only if the Lakers get a top 5 pick). Maybe they turn the Lakers into Kentucky-lite with Rondo, Randle, and say Towns going forward. Then Calipari comes (and Anthony Davis in 2022).
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

okafor then towns

Happy with either ... for me, it's Towns, for now.

But I'll gladly settle for even WCS.

If you get one of them ... I would have some saving grace for overpaying for Rondo as a Laker fan.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

How much will Beverly command this offseason?

might be a nice backup guard to Rjax if the price is right...
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Bynum with a jumper and maturity. I think he can reach prime Bynum '07-'08 levels. Which would be a noooooice future

I'd settle for towns if okafor is taken ahead of us but towns also has bynums lower body from the looks of it, which also would be a scaaaaary future.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I'd settle for towns if okafor is taken ahead of us but towns also has bynums lower body from the looks of it, which also would be a scaaaaary future.

I think he'd have been fine if it weren't for getting his knees crashed into. Anyways, I haven't heard of him having an injury history... I still have Towns over Okafor at this early juncture on my draft board
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Dumbest move ever

I think it would be horrible. No way do I want Rondo's toxicity near a couple of youngsters.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Dumbest move ever

I don't think you need a dominant PG, just a guy who can run the P&R effectively, spot up, cut, and defend. You need a dominant scorer, and that is either going to be a wing or a big. Giving max money to an aging guy who is too easy to defend in a playoff matchup, forcing you to go to other sources for O, tells you to go to those sources in the first place. I'd rather have an elite wing and an average PG than the other way around.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Anybody think we can take Ryan Boatright with the Rockets pick?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

pd24 wrote:

If he's there, then yes.
pd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
pd24 wrote:

If he's there, then yes.

Lol. Should have worded it better. What are people's thoughts on him and would you want him?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Love might really leave Cleveland. Watched today's game and he's barely involved in the offense. Now he's just a spot up shooter, doesn't get the ball in the post at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 16 of 2526
Jump to: