Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
With the Jennings injury do they want Lin gor expirers/2nd rd pick

It's definitely possible specially since they have expendable and expiring players to match salaries. But would we do it for a 2nd? I would. We could package a couple of 2nds and maybe get another 1st. That would be worth it imo.

I'd do that deal; Good idea...
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Could we possibly get KCP from Detroit? He is a young player that would help us rebuild and is a SG which we could use with Kobe done for the season.

Maybe something like Lin, Johnson, and a 2nd for KCP and Jerebko?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't do a deal unless it is for prospects that have cost controlled rookie contracts and draft picks...I wouldn't look for anything that might improve this team. I want that pick. We've come too far too look back. Do what Boston is doing; dump for prospects/players if you have the chance...
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Could we possibly get KCP from Detroit? He is a young player that would help us rebuild and is a SG which we could use with Kobe done for the season.

I had my eye on those guys too. Not sure they'd be willing to give up KCP, but they've got Meeks and Cartier Martin backing him up already. Doubt they'd miss him much.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

I had my eye on those guys too. Not sure they'd be willing to give up KCP, but they've got Meeks and Cartier Martin backing him up already. Doubt they'd miss him much.

no matter who starts and who is backing up we are not going to get KCP for J freaking Lin
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

no matter who starts and who is backing up we are not going to get KCP for J freaking Lin

True, true. But does Gores want to make the playpffs enough to do Lin, Sacre & a '15 2nd rounder for Anthony, Datomi and a '15 lotto protected 1st rounder?

Lin is a good pnr guard to pair with Dre and Sacre lets them play Monroe a little more at pf.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Singler if we can somehow pry him away, if they're afraid of him leaving them in the offseason- can anyone tell me if we would get his bird rights, and whether that's worth anything? May have to take Caron's contract off their hands, and maybe fill their SF hole with Wes in addition to Lin.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

It'd be for more than just Lin. Besides, it's not like KCP is setting the world on fire over in Detroit. They'll let him go if they're desperate enough (think they're one game out of the playoffs too).
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

It'd be for more than just Lin. Besides, it's not like KCP is setting the world on fire over in Detroit. They'll let him go if they're desperate enough (think they're one game out of the playoffs too).

Ya but he is on rookie contract with tons of time to grow. So no we r not getting KCP
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Ya but he is on rookie contract with tons of time to grow. So no we r not getting KCP

It was just an idea. I'd be happy with a 2nd round pick though for Lin as we have been able to find some quality players like Kelly and Clarkson in that round.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Looks like Pistons looking at Pirgiono.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Looks like Pistons looking at Pirgiono.

Ya and people here think we can get KCP, singler or somebody worthy.

I will be just happy if we get a future 2nd rd for lin
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
LeBronte Jest wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

yeah another player that "looks" the part but only shoots .396/.346/.704 playing over 31 mpg. Lin's not a SG and he's almost matched him in rebounds and steals and has more blocks. and this coming off the bench half the season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
With the Jennings injury do they want Lin gor expirers/2nd rd pick

It's definitely possible specially since they have expendable and expiring players to match salaries. But would we do it for a 2nd? I would. We could package a couple of 2nds and maybe get another 1st. That would be worth it imo.

Basically Lin for a 1st and a 2nd? Hell yes.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Hassan Whiteside with 14 points, 13 boards, and 12 blocks in 25 minutes against the Bulls...

I hope we take a look at this guy in the offseason. If he continues playing the way he has he's going to command a big contract. Props to the Heat organization for finding this guy.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers should bring in Hassan Whiteside, I love his defense. Hassan and Black would bring Defense next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I just don't get why he flew under the radar. I know he had off the court and personality issues but seems he's matured. Still would be very cautious offering him big money.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Hassan Whiteside with 14 points, 13 boards, and 12 blocks in 25 minutes against the Bulls...

I hope we take a look at this guy in the offseason. If he continues playing the way he has he's going to command a big contract. Props to the Heat organization for finding this guy.

He's looked pretty good lately, but he's already in his mid-20s with little to no history of being able to sustain this kind of play over a full season. Whoever signs him to a big contract would be taking a huge risk...a risk that I don't think a team like us can take at this point, considering how things have been going the last couple of years. We need a sure thing right now, not another project that may or may not work out.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Draft Russell and with our cap space this summer sign Harris and Whiteside. Those three along with Clarkson, Randle, Black and Kelly would give us a nice young core for the future.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Draft Russell and with our cap space this summer sign Harris and Whiteside. Those three along with Clarkson, Randle, Black and Kelly would give us a nice young core for the future.

Good plan, I hope it all comes together. I doubt Heat will let Whiteside go though, Riley is a good GM(sigh).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Whiteside is under contract next season in Miami, so maybe 2016.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just don't get why he flew under the radar. I know he had off the court and personality issues but seems he's matured. Still would be very cautious offering him big money.

Riley is the master at finding guys like Whiteside. Going all the way back to John Starks and Anthony Mason.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well he wasn't under my radar but perhaps more so he was the running joke thread on Pelicans forums where every other month they would make a we should sign hassan whiteside thread. I first noticed when I made a QFTOS thread.

but since we had to actually win in order for me to make one of those threads that means that was probably two years ago

so pelicans fans are probably pretty upset about this
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

pistons trade hill and lin there.. take back 1st and filler
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

That is $9 mil in filler. That is a lot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 214 of 2526
Jump to: