Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2522, 2523, 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Markieff is a very good player, arguably the best player on the Suns.

However:

1. we don't have assets that we'd want to part for another PF/SF tweener (IMO would require one of Clarkson/Randle, which is a non-starter).

2. has legal problems, and is showing his immaturity.

So for those reasons, not much to see.

he is not getting value of Clarkson/Randle level. i doubt they even get T jones.

while young/kelly/sacre wont get it done and i am undervaluing him, you are overvaluing a guy who has gone from radio station to twitter to tell he wont play in phoenix.

i m not even trading nance for him and its ok if phoenix doesnt make that trade.

Randle/Kieff would perfect cause Randle can handle the rock and kieff can spread the floor.

Is your undervaluing worse than my "overvaluing?" I haven't overvalued him at all, I'm just saying they can get a lot more than Young, Kelly, Sacre. We've tried trading these guys these summer and we got nothing. You expect Markieff for that? Come on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

However:

1. we don't have assets that we'd want to part for another PF/SF tweener (IMO would require one of Clarkson/Randle, which is a non-starter).

he is not getting value of Clarkson/Randle level. i doubt they even get T jones.

while young/kelly/sacre wont get it done and i am undervaluing him, you are overvaluing a guy who has gone from radio station to twitter to tell he wont play in phoenix.

i m not even trading nance for him and its ok if phoenix doesnt make that trade.

Randle/Kieff would perfect cause Randle can handle the rock and kieff can spread the floor.

Morris will realize he needs the money and go back to Phoenix with his tail between his legs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

However:

Morris will realize he needs the money and go back to Phoenix with his tail between his legs.

Yup. He signed a deal. Unless he wants breach it (which will lead to other consequences).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

These guys always talk big when there isn't any cash involved, but when it gets to that point, things change. All the Suns have to do is wait him out, and then if he plays well, they can get a much better package at the trade deadline than they would now.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
These guys always talk big when there isn't any cash involved, but when it gets to that point, things change. All the Suns have to do is wait him out, and then if he plays well, they can get a much better package at the trade deadline than they would now.

I respectfully disagree. The standard required for the players to cash their checks on a guaranteed deal are laughably low. The Players' union sees to that. Yes, Morris will have to report and will have to take instruction. But he can absolutely continue to cash checks while conducting himself in a way that does more damage to the team than good. Plus, you run the risk of his attitude spilling over to other players, especially when the team isn't winning.

Yes, he damages his reputation in the process. But it's a talent driven league. It won't cost him as much as it will the team, especially when the general consensus is that he and his brother jointly took less $ to play together only to be broken up 12 months later.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I respectfully disagree. The standard required for the players to cash their checks on a guaranteed deal are laughably low. The Players' union sees to that. Yes, Morris will have to report and will have to take instruction. But he can absolutely continue to cash checks while conducting himself in a way that does more damage to the team than good. Plus, you run the risk of his attitude spilling over to other players, especially when the team isn't winning.

Yes, he damages his reputation in the process. But it's a talent driven league. It won't cost him as much as it will the team, especially when the general consensus is that he and his brother jointly took less $ to play together only to be broken up 12 months later.

Agreed, he can ruin his career to prove this point, but that would be incredibly stupid of him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

Phoenix had issues last season because Dragic was unhappy with IT eating into his minutes and the Morris brothers were a negative influence.

The opportunity for the Suns to make the Playoffs was there due to the injuries at OKC, but the Suns were unable to pull together for that goal.

It is possible that Morris will do just the minimum required to get paid while poisoning the team atmosphere with his unhappiness.

Not sure if their FO would be willing to risk having another season with a somewhat negative atmosphere around the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Phoenix had issues last season because Dragic was unhappy with IT eating into his minutes and the Morris brothers were a negative influence.

The opportunity for the Suns to make the Playoffs was there due to the injuries at OKC, but the Suns were unable to pull together for that goal.

It is possible that Morris will do just the minimum required to get paid while poisoning the team atmosphere with his unhappiness.

Not sure if their FO would be willing to risk having another season with a somewhat negative atmosphere around the team.

I'm certain though they'll get more than Young, Sacre, and Kelly.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

I agree with that, but the possible trades are going to be limited until mid December when more players become available to be included in trades.

There appears to have been no contingency planning by the Suns FO for a scenario with the remaining Morris being unhappy about his brother being traded and the Suns pursuing LMA this Summer.

Trey Lyles (#12) might have been the desired pick instead of Deven Booker (#12) who was eventually drafted by the Suns.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Did u not get the maybe part or the question mark part?

I have seen worst trades proposed here

Also they r not getting anywhere close to randle or clarkson type value which u r predicting
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Also they r not getting anywhere close to randle or clarkson type value which u r predicting

I didn't say the Lakers would trade Clarkson/Randle. I'm saying that's who they would want for him (which we'd decline).
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

I didn't say the Lakers would trade Clarkson/Randle. I'm saying that's who they would want for him (which we'd decline).

Alright man, have a great long weekend. I am outta of here
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

See ya later bro!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Be afraid if a Nick, Kelly and Sacre package is enough to get Morris.

That would mean other teams offered even less or nothing at all for him.

After excluding the young players (Randle, Russel, Clarkson, Black etc), that would leave these veterans:

Kobe (next year To Be Determined)
Hibbert (next year To Be Determined)
Bass (next year To Be Determined)
Williams (multi year contract)
Morris (multi year contract)

it is possible that Morris and Williams would the lone veteran carryovers into next season.

If Morris becomes disruptive after being acquired for the Young, Kelly and Sacre package; what options would Mitch have for moving him beyond a Buyout?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Jim99187 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Swaggy P's trade value has nowhere to go but up.
I hope he starts the season well, so we can get some attractive offers for him.
As opposed to now (we need to add a sweetener just to trade him).
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Swaggy is gonna be more effective this season imo.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

If I'm Markieff I'm mad to. Didn't he and his brother sign for less to play together ? They got low balled for sure but at the same time both are hot heads leading the league in techs and no team wants those kind of players.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:26 am    Post subject:

I feel sorry for Keef, yet he is not wanted.
Maybe the Kings might need him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand who has the time for this level of trolling.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I don't understand who has the time for this level of trolling.

The ghost of 2.0 pops up every now and then.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

oh poor 2.0 u miss lg so much?

Last edited by Jim99187 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Anybody here miss Kwame? lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

Just stop.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Lakers Expressed Interest In Signing Norris Cole

Quote:
Lakers Expressed Interest In Signing Norris Cole

The Lakers also expressed interest in Cole earlier this summer, but they signed Brazilian point guard Marcello Huertas to a one-year, non-guaranteed contract six days ago.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2015/09/restricted_free_agent_norris_c.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2522, 2523, 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 2523 of 2526
Jump to: