Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 341, 342, 343 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

No I understand, it's just Philly has made more weird moves. And I was trying to think of a way LA could dill all their holes this offseason. However greedy that may be I suppose.

The opportunity was there for Mitch to sign Covingto because he was released in late October by Houston.

Rockets Waive Adrien, Clark, Covington, Richmond and Smith

Was on a D-League roster for a relatively short moment and then signed by Philly in Mid November.

Sixers Sign Free Agent Robert Covington

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – NOVEMBER 15, 2014 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today the team has signed free agent forward Robert Covington. Covington, who was the first overall pick in the 2014 NBA Development League Draft by the Grand Rapids Drive, is the fifth GATORADE Call-Up of the 2014-15 D-League season.

WOW I did not know that, thanks for the info. What do you think of Covington? I like his game and potential as a role playing 3 and D?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No, I was trying to use some common sense.

Sure. A trade would be more likely on July 1st instead of waiting for 7+ days, but still you were technically wrong. Own up to it.

What do you think about The 1st pick/J.Hill/Kelly/?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Sure. A trade would be more likely on July 1st instead of waiting for 7+ days, but still you were technically wrong. Own up to it.

Think any trade that doesn't have the pick AND Randle is unrealistic. And that trade is laughable.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Think any trade that doesn't have the pick AND Randle is unrealistic. And that trade is laughable.

Word is Karl is willing to do it for Lawson/Faried, if we are giving them Mudiay/Hill, it is atleast comparable?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Word is Karl is willing to do it for Lawson/Faried, if we are giving them Mudiay/Hill, it is atleast comparable?

Jordan hill and Kelly are players tailored for George Karls system, we seen that with MDT last season. Hills better than Faried and Lawson is better than Mudiay right now, but from what I here his potential is pretty high. Throw Kelly in the mix, I bet he averages 10/6 for Karl next year.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

If the pick is 4th or 5th, it's easier for me to part with. You have to wonder what else Karl doesn't prefer on this roster. Maybe he throws in Stauskas in a multi player deal. Maybe he doesn't like McLemore, who knows but if LA is all in on a plan around Cousins maybe they throw in the Hou pick to if the package is big enough.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Maybe but still, they make Cousins available and the entire NBA will start making calls. The offers they would get might be the best return of any superstar in recent memory. I can see Boston offering a ridiculous amount of picks, Toronto offering Valanciunas, just to name a few.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Maybe but still, they make Cousins available and the entire NBA will start making calls. The offers they would get might be the best return of any superstar in recent memory. I can see Boston offering a ridiculous amount of picks, Toronto offering Valanciunas, just to name a few.

It is just about fit. You are right though, don't really know? A team could come out of left field on this? Just hoping Mitch explores this before the draft and I'm sure he will. Boston can't offer no superstar potential, we would be giving them a top 5 pick.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

superstar? huh? an allstar with known mental issues is superstar?

when was his team even in consideration for playoffs?

u making it seem like he is durant or griffin
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

The way Westbrook is playing right now I'm leaning towards doing nothing until 2017.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

No I understand, it's just Philly has made more weird moves. And I was trying to think of a way LA could dill all their holes this offseason. However greedy that may be I suppose.

The opportunity was there for Mitch to sign Covingto because he was released in late October by Houston.

Rockets Waive Adrien, Clark, Covington, Richmond and Smith

Was on a D-League roster for a relatively short moment and then signed by Philly in Mid November.

Sixers Sign Free Agent Robert Covington

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – NOVEMBER 15, 2014 – The Philadelphia 76ers announced today the team has signed free agent forward Robert Covington. Covington, who was the first overall pick in the 2014 NBA Development League Draft by the Grand Rapids Drive, is the fifth GATORADE Call-Up of the 2014-15 D-League season.

WOW I did not know that, thanks for the info. What do you think of Covington? I like his game and potential as a role playing 3 and D?

He appears to be a steady journeyman that is better than Wes.

What the Lakers will likely be doing for the next several years is continually upgrading the role players - bench and Covington would be a step in that process. Use First Round Draft Picks for either drafting or facilitating trades for the core players (#1, #2 and #3 types) and try to fill the bench - role player slots by beating the bushes and hustling.

Not directly about basketball, but this outlines what should be expected from a FO that has to be cautious about sending out Draft Picks in trades.

Continual improvement process

Quote:
Some successful implementations use the approach known as Kaizen (the translation of kai (“change”) zen (“good”) is “improvement”). This method became famous from Imai's 1986 book Kaizen: The Key to Japan's Competitive Success.

The core principle of CIP is the (self) reflection of processes. (Feedback)
The purpose of CIP is the identification, reduction, and elimination of suboptimal processes. (Efficiency)
The emphasis of CIP is on incremental, continual steps rather than giant leaps. (Evolution)
Key features of Kaizen include:

Improvements are based on many small changes rather than the radical changes that might arise from Research and Development...

...Small improvements are less likely to require major capital investment than major process changes

Another interesting read...

One red paperclip
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

The top 5 pick is enough Value its just a matter of if Karl wants it or not?

Cousins himself was the fifth overall selection.

His usage rating since Karl took over is at 37.3, it is the most ever, and yes I said ever by a center, since these stats have existed. That explains turnovers and "lack of enthusiasm" on the defensive end at times.

Although his defensive efficiency has went up since this, which is odd?

His usage rating has been extremely high all season though.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He is a superstar, talent wise. He's better than Griffin. He's probably one of the top 5 most attractive, not physically, players in the League. Based on talent, size, age, impact on the game.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He is a superstar, talent wise. He's better than Griffin. He's probably one of the top 5 most attractive, not physically, players in the League. Based on talent, size, age, impact on the game.

Somebody told me earlier that he was not even close to be the best big in the game. All I was saying was three years from now, he might be "the" best big. Even when you look at it now though, Cousins has to be top 5 big in the league.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So much vitriol and misunderstanding on mental illness these days,,, some people cant help it, or it takes a while to fix it,,,
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Not so fast with the top 5 pick guys.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Byron wants to win as many games as possible. It's obvious now he would rather win meaningless games then to secure a top 5 pick.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Are we still in the bottom 5? Where's a point guard injury when you need one...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

the entire nba is laughing for this incompotent FO

lol
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

lets not argue over something thats not going to happen specially when we won't have the top 5 pick

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

So what can that 27th pick net us?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

We can't trade Hill unless we pick up his option. If we pick up his option we have less cap space.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Especially if we are asking them to take back Nick Young.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Byron wants to win as many games as possible. It's obvious now he would rather win meaningless games then to secure a top 5 pick.

And that surprises you?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

The lakers live in ancient times. Musg be good to live in showtime when the current date is 20015 lol

Timeout for me from lakers/ thus board. I hope i obey lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 341, 342, 343 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 342 of 2526
Jump to: