Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No, I was trying to use some common sense.

Sure. A trade would be more likely on July 1st instead of waiting for 7+ days, but still you were technically wrong. Own up to it.

What do you think about The 1st pick/J.Hill/Kelly/?

We can't trade Hill unless we pick up his option. If we pick up his option we have less cap space.

But why does that matter if you are exchanging him for Cousins? You are picking up his option but you are sending 15 million back out accounting for Mudiay, Hill, Kelly. You are paying Cousins what 15 million next year anyway right?
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

You guys do know that the source for the article saying cousins was available was "someone with insight into George Karl's thinking" right? Not Pete d'alessandro, not a member of kings personnel or the front office. Someone with insight into Karl's thinking.

Also the celtics tried trading for cousins at the trade deadline and the kings said no. So if the celtics with their vast supply of first rounders and young players couldn't get it done then what hope do we have?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
You guys do know that the source for the article saying cousins was available was "someone with insight into George Karl's thinking" right? Not Pete d'alessandro, not a member of kings personnel or the front office. Someone with insight into Karl's thinking.

Also the celtics tried trading for cousins at the trade deadline and the kings said no. So if the celtics with their vast supply of first rounders and young players couldn't get it done then what hope do we have?

All those picks and they don't have Julius and if we get our first, it's a substantially better pick than their unless something crazy happens in the lotto. IMO, Cousins will be traded sooner or later but the question is how aggressive do you get and trade for him now.

Hypothetically, if we get #1, would an Okafor, Hill, Houston Pick, LA Second work? That allows us to keep Randle and gives them a better prospect coming out of college than Boogie was. Hill also helps in the immediate.

More likely, I think it would take our #1, Julius, and Hill to get him.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

All those picks and they don't have Julius and if we get our first, it's a substantially better pick than their unless something crazy happens in the lotto. IMO, Cousins will be traded sooner or later but the question is how aggressive do you get and trade for him now.

Hypothetically, if we get #1, would an Okafor, Hill, Houston Pick, LA Second work? That allows us to keep Randle and gives them a better prospect coming out of college than Boogie was. Hill also helps in the immediate.

The Celtics don't have anyone besides Zeller that fits Karls system. A top 5 pick is also much more valuable then anything they could offer. Boston will have to get pretty lucky to get the top 5 pick. There is a big difference between the 4th pick and say the 7th pick imo, although you could get a better player the value is still there.

With that 4th pick we draft Mudiay, he has George Karl written all over him, he fits his system perfectly.

Name me a trade where a superstar turned over two potential all stars? Top 5 pick and Randle is too much value and makes no sense? Cousins was a top 5 pick, a top 5 pick would carry that same value if they get the type of player they want.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Something like this is fair imo.
LAL/DEN/SAC

Sac receives: Ty Lawson, K. Faried, Kelly, HOU pick, LA 2nd rd pick

Den receives: Stauskas, Collison, Top 5 pick,

Lakers receive: Cousins, Nelson

Karl gets what he want Ty, Faried, ,a player that fits his system (Kelly). Don't forget they have a nice lottery pick this year as well: WCS? Ty,Mclemore, Gay, Faried, WCS? That's a George Karl team

Den gets a bunch of assets for their two players, Have their own lottery pick: Porzingis? Mudiay/Stauskas/Chandler/Porzingis/Nurkic

LAL get Cousins, Nelson Clarkson/Kobe/T.Harris/Randle/Cousins

Karl is trying to win now, and he is familiar with Lawson/Faried, he drafted them, those are his guys.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:

[quote="2019"]
EZ-Ryder wrote:

More likely, I think it would take our #1, Julius, and Hill to get him.[/quote

Coming into this conversation late. Perhaps this has been covered.

But why are you trying use up all the assets for Cousins? Lakers need to continue to build the roster and add assets. Not bundle them up for a questionable player. Let the re-build happen with Randle, Clarkson and hopefully a top 5 pick.

Keep building with younger free agents instead of going "all in" and treading water when it fails. The Howard/ Nash gamble used up a lot of resources. It will take time and patience to recover.

I admit I am biased. IMO Cousins is a waste of talent. His attitude will always get in the way of his success. Do not want him in a Lakers uniform.
Same with Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley or any other team cancer of the week.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
The top 5 pick is enough Value its just a matter of if Karl wants it or not?

Cousins himself was the fifth overall selection.

His usage rating since Karl took over is at 37.3, it is the most ever, and yes I said ever by a center, since these stats have existed. That explains turnovers and "lack of enthusiasm" on the defensive end at times.

Although his defensive efficiency has went up since this, which is odd?

His usage rating has been extremely high all season though.

Kings fans nearly rioted when Malone was fired. Even a few months later that was all they were complaining about on radio talk shows. They likely would riot if Cousins was traded. Don't forget a new arena is at stake there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Sure. A trade would be more likely on July 1st instead of waiting for 7+ days, but still you were technically wrong. Own up to it.

We can't trade Hill unless we pick up his option. If we pick up his option we have less cap space.

But why does that matter if you are exchanging him for Cousins? You are picking up his option but you are sending 15 million back out accounting for Mudiay, Hill, Kelly. You are paying Cousins what 15 million next year anyway right?

Because the idea included signing Dragic with cap space before making the trade.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

His usage rating since Karl took over is at 37.3, it is the most ever, and yes I said ever by a center, since these stats have existed. That explains turnovers and "lack of enthusiasm" on the defensive end at times.

Kings fans nearly rioted when Malone was fired. Even a few months later that was all they were complaining about on radio talk shows. They likely would riot if Cousins was traded. Don't forget a new arena is at stake there.

I agree, I would want to riot too. That said, I think Karl needs certain players to play his style and run his system. Cousins is the anti-George Karl imo.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Because the idea included signing Dragic with cap space before making the trade.

Can't you just make the trade, and make a RFA offer? That's makes the most sense to me since we would be acquiring a cornerstone via trade. Maybe we get lucky and offer Tobias Harris a max? If all else fails you still have 22 million+ to fill out the roster with guys that you like, like Green/Carroll right?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Four Decade Bandwagon"]
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

But why are you trying use up all the assets for Cousins? Lakers need to continue to build the roster and add assets. Not bundle them up for a questionable player. Let the re-build happen with Randle, Clarkson and hopefully a top 5 pick.

Keep building with younger free agents instead of going "all in" and treading water when it fails. The Howard/ Nash gamble used up a lot of resources. It will take time and patience to recover.

I admit I am biased. IMO Cousins is a waste of talent. His attitude will always get in the way of his success. Do not want him in a Lakers uniform.

Towns is 100 times more questionable of a player than Cousins is, it makes perfect sense to me.

Lakers don't develop big men unless they have a star in place. I would like to be winning sometime in the playoffs by the next five years.

Westbrook and Cousins are cut from the same cloth. Westbrook would be flipping his wig right now if he played for that dysfunctional team. But I bet everybody loves Westbrook.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

I agree, I would want to riot too. That said, I think Karl needs certain players to play his style and run his system. Cousins is the anti-George Karl imo.

There are millions riding on an arena there, that trumps what Karl wants.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

There are millions riding on an arena there, that trumps what Karl wants.

It trumps winning? Karl is not going to utilize Cousins the right way and they will lose anyway.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes, a new arena does trump winning right now. Ownership can't risk that. Sometimes you have to think like a businessman, not a fan.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Tony Anapolis"]
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Towns is 100 times more questionable of a player than Cousins is, it makes perfect sense to me.

Lakers don't develop big men unless they have a star in place. I would like to be winning sometime in the playoffs by the next five years.

Westbrook and Cousins are cut from the same cloth. Westbrook would be flipping his wig right now if he played for that dysfunctional team. But I bet everybody loves Westbrook.

How is Towns a better prospect. Boogie put up way better numbers than Towns in only 3 more minutes of play. Boogie 15/10/1.8blks at Kentucky in 23 minutes. Towns 9/6/.2.4 blks in 20 minutes. How is Towns better? Maybe defensively but not all around?

Does 3 minutes of play really account for 6pts and 4 rebounds?

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Forgive me for being stupid but I thought the trade deadline passed....so why are we talking about trading for Cousins?
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

The Kings trading Cousins is pure pipe, probably the most pipe Ive seen all season. Cousins is the new age Charles Barkley.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
The Kings trading Cousins is pure pipe, probably the most pipe Ive seen all season. Cousins is the new age Charles Barkley.

He is that is the perfect comparison. That said it will not work between him and Karl, he "will" get traded, stamp that! Its just a matter of when. Maybe they wait for the new stadium to go up, when is that?
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Probably not to be honest. You have to think about what other teams will offer for him. Like I said teams will offer everything they have to get him. A first or randle and filler will be one of the worst offers they receive.

Also not to be rude but your 3 way trade is awful. Sac gives up collision, stauskas, and cousins for faried and Lawson?
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

He is that is the perfect comparison. That said it will not work between him and Karl, he "will" get traded, stamp that! Its just a matter of when. Maybe they wait for the new stadium to go up, when is that?

Only way he gets traded is if he himself demands it or lets it be known that he won't re-sign with the Kings. The price tag for Cousins will probably be extremely high (multiple 1st rounders and an all star caliber player).
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Probably not to be honest. You have to think about what other teams will offer for him. Like I said teams will offer everything they have to get him. A first or randle and filler will be one of the worst offers they receive.

Also not to be rude but your 3 way trade is awful. Sac gives up collision, stauskas, and cousins for faried and Lawson?

I doubt it. Randle and our first would be better than anything the Pelicans got for CP3. Shoot, that is better than what we got for Shaq are you serious?

Karl wants players that fit his system, probably won't be big names, that is his M.O. We are one of the best options to facilitate a deal between them and Denver, only if we have top five pick though. Denver will trade Karl a Lawson and Faried if we give them our first pick, don't forget the Kings will also have a lottery pick as well. They could be adding 3-4 key pieces by sending Cousins out now.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I don't get the comparison at all. Unless he starts jacking up threes.

I agree though people need to settle down on these trade hopes.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
2019 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

They didn't say Randle OR 1st...they said Randle AND the 1st (plus Hill).
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Cousins is built for LA. None of these small market teams will be able to do much. LA is still LA and with D. Cuz here we will attract the stars. You think Towns gets Durant's or Conleys attention, seriously? They will laugh at whatever offer we present them.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Can someone please answer me how we are talking about trading for Cousins now when the trade deadline passed? I'm sure I'm the only one here that is confused???
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 343 of 2526
Jump to: