Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 350, 351, 352 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

Where'd you get that from? I know they had him high, but didn't know about that. Do you know what their order was?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

Where'd you get that from? I know they had him high, but didn't know about that. Do you know what their order was?

Well, it's from VLF's "I have a source (or not) but you don't (including media reports)."
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

I wonder if that was the "word" after or before the draft took place.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
akk7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

I wonder if that was the "word" after or before the draft took place.

Pincus (where has he been on here anyway) recently stated the Lakers got the same guy they would have picked at 4 at 7. I assumed that meant Randle was fourth on their board, but the tweet wasn't clear. He was responding to people complaining about the Lakers not tanking "properly" the past two seasons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Mitch must have been reading my top 5 then because I was the only one on this board with him above wiggins lol

My top 2 were Embiid and Randle
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Are people still down on Wiggins? I think that he's not the alpha take-over scorer some thought he'd be, but his defense, athleticism, and ability to improve offensively is still great. To me if we re-do the draft and I'm the Lakers with the 1st pick I'd take Wiggins #1.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
If the Lakers have the #3 or #4 overall pick I would target Myles Turner out of Texas. He would be my PF of the future.

I know we have Randle but I would offer him to the Celtics for their lotto pick which should be around 8-12, if they don't budge I would throw in our Houston pick. At that range I would pick Willie Cauley Stein.

In FA, I'd target Omer Asik since Marc Gasol is a long shot.

right now Randle is much much better then M Turner. why not get 1 of okafor, towns, russell if u have the 3rd pick?

Only like Okafor of the 3. Still iffy on Towns. Not a fan of Russell.

thats joke of the day.

u might as well let us know ur draft board
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Are people still down on Wiggins? I think that he's not the alpha take-over scorer some thought he'd be, but his defense, athleticism, and ability to improve offensively is still great. To me if we re-do the draft and I'm the Lakers with the 1st pick I'd take Wiggins #1.

just a rookie. will take 3 yrs to judge him properly
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

just a rookie. will take 3 yrs to judge him properly

He's the kind of guy a superstar like Durant would like IMO. A guy who won't feel like he needs to be the Man, but will lock down folks, score 20 ppg, etc.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

where did u get that from? or u and Mitch just changed soul's for that to happen?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I specifically watched Love on defense in the 4th quarter of that game yesterday, and he is just too slow to be even a decent defender. We would have to plan around that if we obtained him.

I almost have to say, you have to draft WCS and think about trading Randle if you sign Love.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I specifically watched Love on defense in the 4th quarter of that game yesterday, and he is just too slow to be even a decent defender. We would have to plan around that if we obtained him.

I almost have to say, you have to draft WCS and think about trading Randle if you sign Love.

or you have a killer 6th man in Randle, and let him ease into developing on a rookie deal. If he proves better than Love, you have two moveable contracts/assets in either Love or Randle.

I was thinking Love would be a good option, but having seen him on Clev, not sure about him anymore. Seems better to plug in one of the many other holes on the roster.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
If the Lakers have the #3 or #4 overall pick I would target Myles Turner out of Texas. He would be my PF of the future.

I know we have Randle but I would offer him to the Celtics for their lotto pick which should be around 8-12, if they don't budge I would throw in our Houston pick. At that range I would pick Willie Cauley Stein.

In FA, I'd target Omer Asik since Marc Gasol is a long shot.

right now Randle is much much better then M Turner. why not get 1 of okafor, towns, russell if u have the 3rd pick?

Only like Okafor of the 3. Still iffy on Towns. Not a fan of Russell.

thats joke of the day.

u might as well let us know ur draft board

I'm not even a huge Towns fan, but I would take him over Okafor, even at 1.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

the kid probably has the best footwork among young players, not only rookies...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

anyone who's "down" on wiggins is out of their freakin minds.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:

Yup.

And Embiid and Randle or Parker may turn out to be great players too, but this shouldn't discount Wiggins either.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That was the word.

From a friend. So consider it second hand at best, third hand at worst. I heard it was Randle and then Payton.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

There is not a player in this draft with all the tools Wiggins has imo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Doubting Wiggins isn't something one should do. He is extremely talented and can be a top notch #2 in a couple of years. He will have a long career. The reason I preferred Randle to him was because of their mentality. In the tourney Randle put his team on his back, especially after they had lost WCS, and carried them to the title game. I didn't see that from Wiggins, except for maybe one game. That is why Kobe is Kobe and TMac isn't Kobe. That is also why I have become a fan of Justise Winslow, he has that attitude.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:

I think this comes from assuming even potential "star players" provide huge impacts in their first season. Yeah they "can" make their teams better, but it usually takes at the very least 3-5 years. There is only one Lebron James out there.

This is my problem building mainly through the draft like a small market venue where no one really wants to play. Drafting a big scares me tremendously, it hardly ever works out, and takes longer to be competitive. That player has to be so good they attract veteran championship caliber type players.

A player like Wiggins will come along much faster than an Okafor imo.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Doubting Wiggins isn't something one should do. He is extremely talented and can be a top notch #2 in a couple of years. He will have a long career. The reason I preferred Randle to him was because of their mentality. In the tourney Randle put his team on his back, especially after they had lost WCS, and carried them to the title game. I didn't see that from Wiggins, except for maybe one game. That is why Kobe is Kobe and TMac isn't Kobe. That is also why I have become a fan of Justise Winslow, he has that attitude.

now i know "The Word" came from
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Oddly, not having the alpha dog/"killer instinct" mentality is actually why I like Wiggins so much. He's the kind of guy who can play at a high level in any system. Also, he seems like a really good kid.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

Pincus (where has he been on here anyway) recently stated the Lakers got the same guy they would have picked at 4 at 7. I assumed that meant Randle was fourth on their board, but the tweet wasn't clear. He was responding to people complaining about the Lakers not tanking "properly" the past two seasons.

If it meant they knew Randle would last to seventh, then other teams have been too transparent about their future selections. Who knew Orlando would flub and take Gordon that high. Who knew Boston would pick up Banks with Rondo and Avery there? Randle would have been the optimum pick for boston with journeyman Bass as their PF. But totally agree, although I prefered Exum (Kobe factor/upside) it would easily pick Randle (work ethic/known talent commodity) at 4. Him being at 7 was a gift.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Actually, a couple sources, including Emplay had LA with Randle much higher than 7. Not sure anyone had him at number 1 though.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Actually, a couple sources, including Emplay had LA with Randle much higher than 7. Not sure anyone had him at number 1 though.

higher meaning 4 i agree or even 3rd but not over wiggings/embiid and even Parker to an extent
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 350, 351, 352 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 351 of 2526
Jump to: