*** Warriors @ Lakers *** 11-16-14 6:30pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject:

If winning cures everything, this team is as good as dead.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr (@) pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

Consider these first dozen of games as an extended training camp. A painful learning curve.

You can't expect Lin to play like Rose, Westbrook, Lowry who are pretty much the first options of their teams.

Have you seen the lineup of our team? Its garbage....nobody is afraid of Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Jordan Hill....
Those guys aren't afraid to shoot the ball and the other team doesn't mind if they do.
The only chance they have of winning is if he gets going as the 2nd option.

I agree with you on that. But as a point guard you have to make everyone happy. If you stop involving your teammates in the O they will not try hard on the D. Lin has been too unselfish and that has been hurting his career for years and counting. People who don't watch the games will just look at his points total and say xxx is a better player, xxx is a better PG. I doubt he will change as he always says he wants to play basketball the right way a la Nash. As a Lin fan it's painful to watch him not trying to score go for 6/18 but he's really stubborn on that.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
I wonder if anybody from here pay attention to Raptors. They are a great example of how a player can destroy the team Chemistry. Raptors sucks start of last season. they completely turned it around right after they traded away Rudy Gay. Rudy was the ball stopper on the Raptors. The trade didn't add any star, they just got some bench players. But right after Rudy is gone, they start to play team ball. And won so many games and got into the playoff. Look at their record now. 8-2. Yes they are in the east, But it is still a great record. Except maybe Lowry you can call him a borderline star. none of the players on the team can truly be call star. They are just playing great team basketball with a lot of movement and hustle.

What I want to say is, if a team is lack of talent, the only way to compete is to play as a team. What the Lakers is doing and what Kobe is doing is completely getting away from that.
so you're saying trade kobe so the offense can be run through lin? correct.

Where did you find me saying that? Did I put in one word saying trade Kobe? I was just giving out example on how destructive it can be when a player on the team stop getting others around him involved. The way Kobe shooting the ball for sure is the opposite of getting people involve. And it can ONLY lead to bad thing for the team.

Sounds like you're contradicting yourself. Your Raptors analogy is about trading a player who seems to be the source of bad team chemistry, and you just confirmed that you think Kobe's play is detrimental to the Lakers.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
I wonder if anybody from here pay attention to Raptors. They are a great example of how a player can destroy the team Chemistry. Raptors sucks start of last season. they completely turned it around right after they traded away Rudy Gay. Rudy was the ball stopper on the Raptors. The trade didn't add any star, they just got some bench players. But right after Rudy is gone, they start to play team ball. And won so many games and got into the playoff. Look at their record now. 8-2. Yes they are in the east, But it is still a great record. Except maybe Lowry you can call him a borderline star. none of the players on the team can truly be call star. They are just playing great team basketball with a lot of movement and hustle.

What I want to say is, if a team is lack of talent, the only way to compete is to play as a team. What the Lakers is doing and what Kobe is doing is completely getting away from that.

Where did you find me saying that? Did I put in one word saying trade Kobe? I was just giving out example on how destructive it can be when a player on the team stop getting others around him involved. The way Kobe shooting the ball for sure is the opposite of getting people involve. And it can ONLY lead to bad thing for the team.

Sounds like you're contradicting yourself. Your Raptors analogy is about trading a player who seems to be the source of bad team chemistry, and you just confirmed that you think Kobe's play is detrimental to the Lakers.
thank you i started to respond then i thought why bother....
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

tirebiter wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Lin is getting paid 15 million this year from the Lakers....dude has to be more assertive. Wes Johnson wasn't afraid this game, he got 11 FGA, neither was Boozer, who got 13 FGA. Both players only got 6 points, but they weren't afraid to shoot the damn ball.

there are a finite number of shots in a game for a given team. we play at a sloowwww pace so the number of shots we have is even smaller than others.

kobe took almost half of all the shots, the rest of the team took the other 37 or something. there are no shots for anyone else, especially the PG unless the PG decides to shoot the ball every time down the floor without running the play.

boozer is gonna try to get his, since he's playing for his next contract. hill is gonna try to get his since he's also on a short term. the other guys other than kobe will try their hardest to shoot the ball whenever they touch the ball no matter how bad of a shot it is, because they know they won't get many chances to shoot the ball in this offense.

there is simply on shots to go around. especially with our pace, and with kobe taking that many shots.

scott doesn't care about the offense, and it's obvious to see. we don't have one at all!

They're shooting like D-league trying to get called up. Henry and Clarkson scored more than 1/2 their team's points yesterday and their team still lost.
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Jonathan1212 wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
angus wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
Was Lin sick or something? 0 points, 2 shots what the heck???! He's horrible

Lin was not passing up shots, paint is packed with our offensive "scheme" and he is not passed back the ball... Did someone see a lot of shot opportunities he was passing up or timid on, I sure didn't

Then he should have shot threes to open up the inside.

He don't seems to be the type that just run up and shot a 3 before anybody touch the ball. He is more waiting on 3 and catch and shoot or drive after the catch when defends closing in on him. but we don't see that at all since when Kobe Hill or Boozer get the ball, they prefer shooting than passing back

statistically lin is terrible on threes when creating his own shot. and he is way above average on catch and shoot threes.

Nevertheless, when your team is losing by a hundred fricking points, at some point pride should kick in and you just take a shot. Its inexcusable. Lin just threw away his chance to be lakers starting pg.

Shot what? Nobody passing the ball to Lin even when he was wide open. Everyone just went ISO mode, not moving the ball like warriors did.

Last edited by xiaozhugong on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

At least the team all agrees they're not in synch? Might be the only thing they agree on right now.
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Raydiation wrote:

A player disrupt the energy does not mean the only option is to trade him. He said he want Jeremy to run the offense. It didn't happen. Part of it is Lin's non doing, part of it is Kobe's fault. He himself said that He need to get off the ball more. Did you read those before? I think he talked the right thing. he is just not doing it. So, how am I contradicting myself? I am just saying what Kobe did it not healthy. but I don't think LAL will ever trade him. So he need to do it in the game instead of just talk.
autoprt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

oh i don't think anyone thought we had a chance tonight anyway. maybe a win against the hawks? it's a crap shoot.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Player only meeting happening in 3, 2, 1...
jaysorbet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I doubt Kobe cares about winning, he knows the season is lost. It's all about passing Mike on the all time scoring list.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Raydiation wrote:

A player disrupt the energy does not mean the only option is to trade him. He said he want Jeremy to run the offense. It didn't happen. Part of it is Lin's non doing, part of it is Kobe's fault. He himself said that He need to get off the ball more. Did you read those before? I think he talked the right thing. he is just not doing it. So, how am I contradicting myself? I am just saying what Kobe did it not healthy. but I don't think LAL will ever trade him. So he need to do it in the game instead of just talk.

I am wondering what is Lin really feeling right now... and his thoughts
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:
angus wrote:
Price is shooting .282 FG%, .158 3PT%, and now 0-3 tonight...
but despite saying we'll "starters will play bulk of minutes", Lin a leader on this team in shooting efficiency, and a crappy offensive plan that has no plays designed for his style and is never passed the ball, it is he who is now being benched/punished for it... Lin is one of the last problems going on with this team right now, and for some strange reason seems to be the main scapegoat discussion here...

Dude I'm his biggest fan. But he took 2....TWO shots!!and no attempts in the 2nd half.

He is the PG he touches the ball before anyone.
I agree the main problem with this team is no interior defense and no ball movement but Lin literally had a mental freak out on the court. He looked spaced out.

I didn't see any mental freak-out. He checked out. But, the game is over. Tuesday he has to go out and play with some fire and anger and swag. That's all.
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

autoprt wrote:
game has no flow, scott's d was supposed to make easy fast break points, not happening and there is no offensive flow, no real inside game, no real outside game and it's basically come down kobe shoots, no rebounds and on to the other side of the court.

Post game interview Lin said top 3 problems; communication, trust and effort.

Looks like team has bigger problems than coaching.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
laserboy wrote:
Raydiation wrote:
autoprt wrote:
Raydiation wrote:

I am wondering what is Lin really feeling right now... and his thoughts

Lin's post-game interview:

Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr (@) pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

Consider these first dozen of games as an extended training camp. A painful learning curve.

You can't expect Lin to play like Rose, Westbrook, Lowry who are pretty much the first options of their teams.

Have you seen the lineup of our team? Its garbage....nobody is afraid of Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Jordan Hill....
Those guys aren't afraid to shoot the ball and the other team doesn't mind if they do.

I agree with you on that. But as a point guard you have to make everyone happy. If you stop involving your teammates in the O they will not try hard on the D. Lin has been too unselfish and that has been hurting his career for years and counting. People who don't watch the games will just look at his points total and say xxx is a better player, xxx is a better PG. I doubt he will change as he always says he wants to play basketball the right way a la Nash. As a Lin fan it's painful to watch him not trying to score go for 6/18 but he's really stubborn on that.

Lin's post-game interview. Pretty much confirms what I think he thinks:

Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:

it is what it is, you want to keep it in the lock room, but you have speak out what you truly think...
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Seeing Lin with the starting unit so far, I wonder if most of the Lin fans are opting him to just come off the bench with the 2nd unit. There he can have Davis to play pick and roll and he has a speedy Clarkson and a decent 3pt shooter Ellington or Kelly. He can play more uptempo ball for easier points.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:
game has no flow, scott's d was supposed to make easy fast break points, not happening and there is no offensive flow, no real inside game, no real outside game and it's basically come down kobe shoots, no rebounds and on to the other side of the court.

Just saw Lin's post game interview. This is stupid of him. You aren't going to get over on Kobe Bryant on the F'ing La Lakers brah. He's going to chuck. He chucked with Shaq, he chucked with Pau and you better believe he's gonna chuck with Jeremy F'in Lin.

Kobe told him to come Chuck with him. Invited him even. Kobe isn't going to lower himself in his eyes to his teammates. If his teammates want theirs then they have to get theirs while Kobe gets his. Kobe is gonna eat regardless.j

He didn't change for Shaq or Pau and he won't change for you. So shoot the F'in ball!!!!!!
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Mark Medina: "I told Carlos Boozer that Byron faulted Lakers effort, particularly on bigs. Carlos:"It's not just the bigs."... "From the coaching staff to players, we all have to do a better job."

Shots fired

More shots fired :

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina ยท 4 minutes ago

Carlos Boozer:"A lot of times we run a set. But Kobe is extremely aggressive. We try to get it off the glass. But we have to find a balance"
Raydiation
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr ( a t ) pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

Yes he always mentioned about team ball. Even when all the attention is on him during Linsanity, he always praise his teammate instead of himself. Always say they play hard as a team.

From his post game interview. He always seems down after a defeat, which is normal, or after he played bad. But I don't think I usually see him as frustrated as this one. He mentioned he try to get the team going and not worry about individual stat. I think he is sanctifying his own stat for the team but it seems like not everybody is doing the same.

I am not sure how many shots he can make if he is taking some shot himself. but the low shot attempt for sure is because he is not looking at his own stat and try to get the team going.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Seeing Lin with the starting unit so far, I wonder if most of the Lin fans are opting him to just come off the bench with the 2nd unit. There he can have Davis to play pick and roll and he has a speedy Clarkson and a decent 3pt shooter Ellington or Kelly. He can play more uptempo ball for easier points.

Kobe plays like 36 minutes a game. That leaves only 12 minutes for Lin to do his thing, in broken 3-4 minutes spans. He's a slow starter. He'll be taken out before he gets warm. I'm sure he prefers more PTs.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Mark Medina: "I told Carlos Boozer that Byron faulted Lakers effort, particularly on bigs. Carlos:"It's not just the bigs."... "From the coaching staff to players, we all have to do a better job."

Shots fired

Booze is right.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
KLS wrote:

Kobe plays like 36 minutes a game. That leaves only 12 minutes for Lin to do his thing, in broken 3-4 minutes spans. He's a slow starter. He'll be taken out before he gets warm. I'm sure he prefers more PTs.

It is really not about how Lin will operate the offense... the team should have a plan and execute it, coach should call how we play... obviously Kobe went out of the way sometimes, coach needs to hold him accountable... players can not do that
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject:

jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:

Well, players only meeting is in order. Air it out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61
Jump to: