WARRIORS -at- LAKERS - 11-16-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

BScott said it would take about 10 games to have any kind of reading on what this team is made of - I think he has his answers

Maybe soon we will have a version of Nellie Ball - mismatches don't kill you, so shared by Coach Dave - that will always hustle
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

Thanks!
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

Is this the rock bottom? Or we have to wait until Kobe scores more than MJ? Someone has to step up and tell Kobe: pass to the open shooters, pass when you are doubled, pass when you feel tired or sick, pass, pass, pass...
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
Is this the rock bottom? Or we have to wait until Kobe scores more than MJ? Someone has to step up and tell Kobe: pass to the open shooters, pass when you are doubled, pass when you feel tired or sick, pass, pass, pass...

Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Now is the time for B Scott to change things up. Swaggy P coming back causes juggling anyway. Time to rethink playing time and starter/bench assignments.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:

Kobe has to be a bit more patient and guage the team's rhythm before trying to bring them back by his lonesome. I hear clearly from Boozer, Ed Davis and a more frustrated than usual Lin that the team could not get in rhythm. Sometimes I think Kobe doesn't sense rhythm where he could be instrumental in setting it along with Lin. But Lin didn't really show up yesterday so we move on where I hope Kobe gets more in rhythm and Lin establishes one moving forward.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB

This game was depressing because it felt like a regression. It seemed like we has losses where they were starting to play well together and the team was starting to find a rhythm with one another, etc. This was just...I don't even know what that was...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
“Things go good, it’s us. Things go bad, it’s on me,” Kobe said, taking blame for the team’s troubles

was it really taking the blame??

Absolutely. That quote was in the context of a larger one where he was talking about his responsibility as the leader of the team.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Painful game to watch. I think the Lakers offense is partly at fault for their terrible defense. Our bigs are terrible and can't get anything close to the rim. Everything is a jumpshot, and they aren't all that good at jumpshots. Those missed Js turn into easy transition scores for teams like the Warriors.

I said recently that the long shots are part of the problem. But I think you have to take that out of the equation tonight when we give up quick layups or easy scores after made baskets again and again. It sad when we battle all possession and maybe get a putback score and then a couple seconds later the Warriors have a layup on us. There's just no excuse for that as a team.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

Lakerbull wrote:
thanks db!

i agree when Young comes back Lin should return to the bench. not as demotion but i think it will better for him to play with Young than Kobe who is obviously another Harden/Melo to him.

hopefully we replace Wesley with another player a defensive SF. Beasley or even Panda or anybody who is avail who could defend and shoot an open 3.

Price/Kobe/SF/Boozer/Jordan

Lin/Young/Henry/Davis/C

trade Sacre/Wesley for that SF.

I think Lin and Young should be a decent combo (although our sets are a mess at times). I didn't like that Lin had the second unit to run with Kelly and Davis in the last one and disappeared. He can't do that. I don't think that was at all a reason they lost this game. When we have as big an advantage as we did in field goals and free throws and still get blown out...yikes. The D was that pathetic.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Lin is starting to remind me of Pau. Says all the right things after the game, right after he plays like a complete wuss. Just keeping me on the edge of fully disliking him.

Kobe can do that to players - the Kobe effect.

I blame Byron for not being able to reign in Kobe a bit, and Kobe really needs to be a leader and make plays for his teammates instead of just freezing out his teammates. as soon as kobe did that, other players started to follow suit, gotta got mine too or I won't have a chance to 'contribute.' You can see that everyone didn't feel like playing any D, wasn't a team out there. it was 1 on 5 every time.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
“Things go good, it’s us. Things go bad, it’s on me,” Kobe said, taking blame for the team’s troubles

was it really taking the blame??

Absolutely. That quote was in the context of a larger one where he was talking about his responsibility as the leader of the team.

It's okay and good to take responsibility, but actions speak louder than words. After the game ends, nothing said really matters, as the game is already done with. It's all about the next one to see if changes are made. Love Kobe's hustle, he's always the hardest working one on the court - but he needs to transfer that into involving the team. Teamwork is contagious - it spreads and everyone plays better.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
13th Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. I am at a loss for words so much props to you!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Lin is starting to remind me of Pau. Says all the right things after the game, right after he plays like a complete wuss. Just keeping me on the edge of fully disliking him.

I blame Byron for not being able to reign in Kobe a bit, and Kobe really needs to be a leader and make plays for his teammates instead of just freezing out his teammates. as soon as kobe did that, other players started to follow suit, gotta got mine too or I won't have a chance to 'contribute.' You can see that everyone didn't feel like playing any D, wasn't a team out there. it was 1 on 5 every time.

I hate players that must get touches to play good D. We didn't play D right out of the gates in this game. This comes on the heels of a game where Kobe was passing and passing and no one was stepping up. A game where he needed his guys to play big offensively. So no one should have felt that way coming out of the gates in this one. They should have had the mindset that they needed to fill the void offensively.

But what do we see? Lazy D from the first several possessions. We were down by double digits when Kobe throttled it up (see his purse snatcher quote). The team, Kobe included, has been horrible defensively. It's just way too easy to score on us. I think focusing on Kobe or Lin offensively sometimes is just smoke and mirrors for a fundamental lack of team D and defensive players.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I hate players that must get touches to play good D. We didn't play D right out of the gates in this game. This comes on the heels of a game where Kobe was passing and passing and no one was stepping up. A game where he needed his guys to play big offensively. So no one should have felt that way coming out of the gates in this one. They should have had the mindset that they needed to fill the void offensively.

But what do we see? Lazy D from the first several possessions. We were down by double digits when Kobe throttled it up (see his purse snatcher quote). The team, Kobe included, has been horrible defensively. It's just way too easy to score on us. I think focusing on Kobe or Lin offensively sometimes is just smoke and mirrors for a fundamental lack of team D and defensive players.

A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

If the team is giving up lay ups on the first plays of the game and one is losing by 10+ points in the first half while displaying no energy - the alternative is to set up others for shots they were missing and teammates that didn't histle on defense.

Kobe was showing the effort that is demanded to win in the NBA.

With Kenneth Faried on the outs on a bad Nuggets team, could this be a mutually beneficial trade for both teams to shake things up. A Boozer/Hill for Faried on the table?
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/11/17/7235589/kenneth-faried-nuggets-free-agent-extension
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

Kobe has to be a bit more patient and guage the team's rhythm before trying to bring them back by his lonesome. I hear clearly from Boozer, Ed Davis and a more frustrated than usual Lin that the team could not get in rhythm. Sometimes I think Kobe doesn't sense rhythm where he could be instrumental in setting it along with Lin. But Lin didn't really show up yesterday so we move on where I hope Kobe gets more in rhythm and Lin establishes one moving forward.
They were 2 for 11 with like 3 min to play in the first quarter. HOw much more does kobe stay patient? IF he didnt score, we would have came out with like 8 points in that first quarter. We have NO jumpshooters on this team outside of Kobe. There is no offensive talent.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Thanks DB and well said!
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:

''Tone my game down? I need to turn it up. I've improved. How are you going to bottle me up? I'd be better off playing somewhere else.''

source

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Thanks DB and well said!
I also agree with your assessment.

The next move should be made by BScott in giving PT to others that want to go to war with him.

The most dangerous element/danger is keeping players that are used to losing and unable/unwilling/incapable of doing what it takes to be champions. If they are scared of playing with Kobe, they belong to play with the majority of other NBA teams that are 2nd tier to the Lakers
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Thanks DB and well said!

The next move should be made by BScott in giving PT to others that want to go to war with him.

The most dangerous element/danger is keeping players that are used to losing and unable/unwilling/incapable of doing what it takes to be champions. If they are scared of playing with Kobe, they belong to play with the majority of other NBA teams that are 2nd tier to the Lakers

It is not about Kobe being the hero here. Kobe should be taking as much blame for the weak D as anybody in this team right now (at least last games).

But I agree on the mentality issue. This is a losing-adjusted bunch. Winning is a mentality. We have too little of that in these Lakers.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
cheesysapien wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Thanks DB and well said!

It is not about Kobe being the hero here. Kobe should be taking as much blame for the weak D as anybody in this team right now (at least last games).

But I agree on the mentality issue. This is a losing-adjusted bunch. Winning is a mentality. We have too little of that in these Lakers.
Kobe is not trying to be a hero, he is being The Example on how to win in the NBA.
Lakers Team
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Painful game to watch. I think the Lakers offense is partly at fault for their terrible defense. Our bigs are terrible and can't get anything close to the rim. Everything is a jumpshot, and they aren't all that good at jumpshots. Those missed Js turn into easy transition scores for teams like the Warriors.

I said recently that the long shots are part of the problem. But I think you have to take that out of the equation tonight when we give up quick layups or easy scores after made baskets again and again. It sad when we battle all possession and maybe get a putback score and then a couple seconds later the Warriors have a layup on us. There's just no excuse for that as a team.

Agree DB. Too many bad Help-defense on transition and quick PNR.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

DB, totally agreed. It was a painful game night experience!
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

DB, thanks for enduring that.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: