Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
He's improved his vision since Lou was traded which is one of the biggest pluses along with Russell breaking out. Still has to work on his shooting from three and defense but his production post ASB has been solid

Seems like one of the side effects of playing alongside Lou for him was feeling pressure to get a shot up whenever he could. His decision-making has been much better.

I don't fret too much about his defense. Yes, it could be better, but we're also super disorganized on that end and a couple of our bigs make our guards look worse than they are.

You know, Cranjis said the same thing on twitter and it really surprises me. I thought JC had been a terrible defender all season, but both of you guys have been significantly more positive on it than me. Any insights on JC's defense that I may be missing?
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks JC it's mostly been a pleasure watching you but it's time to shut him down for the year.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The Logo wrote:
He's improved his vision since Lou was traded which is one of the biggest pluses along with Russell breaking out. Still has to work on his shooting from three and defense but his production post ASB has been solid

Seems like one of the side effects of playing alongside Lou for him was feeling pressure to get a shot up whenever he could. His decision-making has been much better.

I don't fret too much about his defense. Yes, it could be better, but we're also super disorganized on that end and a couple of our bigs make our guards look worse than they are.

You know, Cranjis said the same thing on twitter and it really surprises me. I thought JC had been a terrible defender all season, but both of you guys have been significantly more positive on it than me. Any insights on JC's defense that I may be missing?

From what I've seen, I think he's good at anticipating passing lanes which makes him actually a decent fit I think with DLo presuming he's chasing 2s offscreens, despite what the data lineup indicates about the two defensively.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

JC finally reached six hunit!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

From what I've seen, I think he's good at anticipating passing lanes which makes him actually a decent fit I think with DLo presuming he's chasing 2s offscreens, despite what the data lineup indicates about the two defensively.
Cranjis actually said the opposite. He said both Russell and Clarkson are both bad defending actions involving the 2, and that's why they get torched on defense. The other argument is that the lineups involving both are just bad defensively (e.g. Randle small ball) so they look worse together than they do.

I feel like it's partly poor chemistry. Based on the eye test, I find Clarkson is most effective on defense in an energetic defensive scheme where he can read passing lanes, which requires active bigs who can hedge and recover. But he's not a good positional defender. In contrast, Russell is a good positional defender but not a particularly energetic one. So there's poor synergy on that front.

But that's my $0.02 and I don't pretend like I'm great at understanding what's going on defensively.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Cranjis actually said the opposite. He said both Russell and Clarkson are both bad defending actions involving the 2, and that's why they get torched on defense. The other argument is that the lineups involving both are just bad defensively (e.g. Randle small ball) so they look worse together than they do.

I feel like it's partly poor chemistry. Based on the eye test, I find Clarkson is most effective on defense in an energetic defensive scheme where he can read passing lanes, which requires active bigs who can hedge and recover. But he's not a good positional defender. In contrast, Russell is a good positional defender but not a particularly energetic one. So there's poor synergy on that front.

But that's my $0.02 and I don't pretend like I'm great at understanding what's going on defensively.

I can buy that take also. I think another reason why that lineup has been so bad is because while thre is a large enough sample size, Luke usually played those two at the end of the game if they played at all together, where they would go against the other team's starting lineup a, so it's natural they'd be outscored so much, given also Randle/Nance at the 5 and 4.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

How Much More Can Jordan Clarkson Develop?

Quote:
Jordan Clarkson’s trajectory has been a tad bit disappointing when considering how promising his rookie season was. However, that does not mean he doesn’t have value for the Lakers.

It seems like not that long ago that Jordan Clarkson seemed like the point guard of the future for the Los Angeles Lakers. He was certainly a steal, having been selected in the second round by Washington before essentially being bought out by the Lakers.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/03/30/lakers-how-much-more-can-jordan-clarkson-develop/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

I really like how JC has been playing of late. Whether as a starter or 6th man I hope the days of how he played with Lou are over.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Never agreed with Dave20s take on DLo, but he was right aboit JC. He was adamant he would flourish as a starter and he has while everyone was telling him he would play best as a 6th man.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Never agreed with Dave20s take on DLo, but he was right aboit JC. He was adamant he would flourish as a starter and he has while everyone was telling him he would play best as a 6th man.

Dave was cool about Dlo early, but after one year of guys coming into this thread after good or bad games to thrash his favorite player most of them bring Russell into the discussion I feel like he went to Dlo's thread giving it all back. Dave20's vendetta

Dave was just a JC die hard fan early, for months and months he kept his composure with posters systematically bashing his favorite player. I don't remember a single time he had harsher words towards me after pointing a JC shortcoming or telling he was a bit out of mark about JC strengths.

The main problem about Dave was his strong passion for the wrong player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I still think his eventual role is 6th man. I think in THIS year's team he should have started (and I even said so too). If we get Ball/fultz or trade for pg13 and keep Dlo/Ingram of sign Jrue we move him back to 6th man role. This year he probably should have started but swaggy earned his spot early on.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

As the Starting PG (11 games)

37.8 mpg

16.5 ppg
4.3 apg
3.1 rpg
0.3 spg
2.3 topg

49.3 TS%
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I still think his eventual role is 6th man. I think in THIS year's team he should have started (and I even said so too). If we get Ball/fultz or trade for pg13 and keep Dlo/Ingram of sign Jrue we move him back to 6th man role. This year he probably should have started but swaggy earned his spot early on.

Deep down, I just want a legit 3-guard rotation between Fultz, JC, and DLO.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's terrible combo. You have someone who tends to disengage, one who gamble too much and one who does not have the physical tools to stay in front of his man.

Clarkson role should be at best our 6th men. Someone you going to ride when he's on and sit when he's off. He should never finish games though. He's prone to chuck bad shots and commit silly fouls.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Deep down, if Fultz is unable to take over the PG role we are in trouble. I like Dlo mixing it up, but not as primary facilitator and as much as I like JC, he is not starting material on a winning program. In terms of minutes yes, 3 guard rotation.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Deep down, if Fultz is unable to take over the PG role we are in trouble. I like Dlo mixing it up, but not as primary facilitator and as much as I like JC, he is not starting material on a winning program. In terms of minutes yes, 3 guard rotation.

I don't see what the problem is since DAR and JC can split PG duties. But, you know, Fultz was better playing PG for Washington than SG, so...

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Maybe you're dyslexic? He's been vastly superior off the bench.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I will sign up for that also.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Jordan Clarkson sharpening his fashion sense

Quote:
Through nearly three NBA seasons, Jordan Clarkson has not just sought growth on the court. He has tried to play catch-up with some of his more fashion-conscious teammates.

So on a Lakers team that has Nick Young, D’Angelo Russell and Julius Randle showing off their fashion sense before and after games, Clarkson has tried to fit in by supposedly undermining Young.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/court-748402-tried-seasons.html
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I wish I could get away with wearing a fur coat....walk around like Ric Flair....WOOOO! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

Beyond The Court With Lakers Guard Jordan Clarkson: Fashion Edition

Quote:
It’s not often fans get to interact with athletes about their passions outside of basketball, but this week Jordan Clarkson teamed up with L.A. fashion designer Chris Stamp, to share their design philosophies and even give fans an opportunity to design their own streetwear style.

http://www.lakersnation.com/beyond-the-court-with-lakers-guard-jordan-clarkson-fashion-edition/2017/04/08/
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Good game by Clarkson last night.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Good game by Clarkson last night.

Yeah, I thought he had a really good 2-way game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Jordan has played well in this win streak. I hope he finishes these last two games in beast mode!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 600 of 685
Jump to: