Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Clarkson has benefitted from the shakeup, averaging over 19 points per game along with four assists during March. That run includes a 35-point performance on March 24 against the Minnesota Timberwolves — a new career high. The rest of the young core, including D’Angelo Russell (18.6 points), Brandon Ingram (13.5 points) and Julius Randle (13 points), have all showed consistency and significant improvement recently. “I was here when Kobe was playing,” he began. “And now I’m here, and he’s not. We’re finally having the opportunity where we learn through our own bumps without having some of the older guys there. We sat all our veteran guys out the rest of the season, and we’re kind of out there fending for ourselves, man.” 1 day ago – via CBS Los Angeles
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Clarkson has benefitted from the shakeup, averaging over 19 points per game along with four assists during March. That run includes a 35-point performance on March 24 against the Minnesota Timberwolves — a new career high. The rest of the young core, including D’Angelo Russell (18.6 points), Brandon Ingram (13.5 points) and Julius Randle (13 points), have all showed consistency and significant improvement recently. “I was here when Kobe was playing,” he began. “And now I’m here, and he’s not. We’re finally having the opportunity where we learn through our own bumps without having some of the older guys there. We sat all our veteran guys out the rest of the season, and we’re kind of out there fending for ourselves, man.” 1 day ago – via CBS Los Angeles

Clarkson is underrated here, there are a lot of numbers to show that he has a positive impact on our team.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

as Dave would say, Westbrook-lite
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

as Dave would say, Westbrook-lite

"Westbrook-lite"-lite
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Clarkson is underrated here, there are a lot of numbers to show that he has a positive impact on our team.

More numbers

He's on nearly all of our bad lineups as well. That link isn't much of a defense of him.

Last edited by tox on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

His March was actually really impressive.
19-4-3, 54% TS%, 1.7 assist-to-turnover ratio.
Actually, his full post-ASB stats are pretty good.
17-4-3, 52% TS%, 1.7 ATR

Efficiency should go up but that's more the guy we were excited about this summer (I had him at 18-3-3 this season).
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

He's on nearly all of our bad lineups as well. That link isn't much of a defense of him.

I don't think it is relevant since the goal is winning games. You should avoid those bad lineups and focus on what is working and most of the lineups working have him.

I'm all about moving a few pieces this offseason, but if we keep our core intact we have more lineups outscoring the opponent with him than without him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

I don't think it is relevant since the goal is winning games. You should avoid those bad lineups and focus on what is working and most of the lineups working have him.

I'm all about moving a few pieces this offseason, but if we keep our core intact we have more lineups outscoring the opponent with him than without him.

Your interpretation is wrong. You can't just look at the amount of units where he's good without considering how many minutes they've played and what those lineups are.

If you look at the list of positive lineups with Clarkson, you'll find he has been good in two units, primarily:
1) When he's with Lou Williams
2) When he's with that bench group of Nwaba, Ennis, Brewer, Nance, Black

There are a few exceptions (the Russell/ Clarkson/ Ingram/ Randle/ Mozgov lineup surprises me, though with 12.5 min results are tenuous), but for the most part this is the case.

Unfortunately, Lou Williams is gone, so you're left with the "new" bench group of energy guys. And I actually think that is the right kind of unit for him. He plays with a bunch of defensive guys and he gets to run the show. He's pretty good at creating offense out of nothing, which will happen in the halfcourt with those players. So that's definitely where I think his value is.

Now, I'm of the opinion that I don't want that kind of bench next year. I want the bench to run the same sets and principles the starters run, and I'm skeptical this bench group could. But I would agree JC has a positive effect on those types of lineups.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

JC continues to ball-out!!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JC continues to ball-out!!

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

🔥
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

He's playing good now, but if he's starting next season then we're going in the wrong direction. He's a bench player
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
He's playing good now, but if he's starting next season then we're going in the wrong direction. He's a bench player
His stats as a starter have been terrible anyways.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

His post game interview alluded to him wanting to be a starter or star going forward. When asked about why he looks forward to going against Steph.. he just said , he played behind AC Law and Monta, and just continued to get better.
.. Shoot for the moon land amongst the stars, clouds, ripped up Ozone - hopefully J.C..
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

Since march he has almost the same stats/36 as Dlo, just a tad bellow.

I understand when he says the toughest is to keep adapting to new roles since he was a rookie. We didn't do a good job developing him after his rookie season. I'd like to mix him and Dlo into one player, good athlete, good court vision, good motor, good free throw shooter, decent three point shooter ...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

I understand when he says the toughest is to keep adapting to new roles since he was a rookie. We didn't do a good job developing him after his rookie season. I'd like to mix him and Dlo into one player, good athlete, good court vision, good motor, good free throw shooter, decent three point shooter ...

As a soon to be 25 year old, there's a delicate balance going on here (especially if we draft a PG with a top 3 pick) about how much to invest in him as a "starter" going forward. I think he's still a useful scorer off the bench. I could also see a team like the Nets being interested in him as a dynamic scoring pair with Lin on a good contract.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:

As a soon to be 25 year old, there's a delicate balance going on here (especially if we draft a PG with a top 3 pick) about how much to invest in him as a "starter" going forward. I think he's still a useful scorer off the bench. I could also see a team like the Nets being interested in him as a dynamic scoring pair with Lin on a good contract.

Yeah I am torn on JC. On one hand had had to endure 2 years of Byron- that has got to mess with any young player. Then came Luke and JC lost his job to Swaggy P. Honestly, I would have started DLO and JC all season long. That was the idea I thought from the beginning. They are both 6'5" and both are combo guards who can play and defend both the 1 & 2.

Seems like that was the way to go. So now they finally play together and I think the results were good. Assuming we don't draft a guard, I would like to give the DLO JC back court a full year to develop.

But JC seems a bit bone headed and I don't think he will ever be a good defender. So if we could package him with Mozzer or Deng to get rid of a bad contract, I would not be sad. Especially if we draft a guard in this draft like Fultz.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:

No doubt, I agree 101%.

That was just not the point of the discussion.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

Picking since March is arbitrary. I'm talking about his stats as a starter, to evaluate him in the context of... him being starter. His volume stats are OK. It's his efficiency and ATR that are putrid and sub-par respectively.

Also, off-topic, but Russell's ATR next to Clarkson was really bad, after hovering around 2.0 for most of the season. It's curious since you'd expect his turnovers to go down having another legit playmaker next to him. Don't know what to make of that.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Atlanta would take him. They'd had such a great success rate with cast-offs and reclamation projects high in the raw athletic ability category. Except for his contract, he'd be right up their alley.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I wonder if Atlanta would take him. They'd had such a great success rate with cast-offs and reclamation projects high in the raw athletic ability category. Except for his contract, he'd be right up their alley.

The reason I mention NJ is they have so much cap space and no one to spend it on.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:

Yeah most definitely a bench player. Hes someone you can ride when he is on and sit when he's off. He gamble a lot for my liking, soft and can't stay in front of his man. Starting him and DLo would be another disaster in the making unless Zu is having a Gobert mode defensively.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Clarkson has had a solid year. I was a bit disappointing that he couldn't keep up the defensive intensity he started the season with. But being back in the starting line-up really helped with his confidence and I think he'd be much better next season as he gets comfortable with different roles on this team.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

he is not a cast off or a reclamation project....
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

he is not a cast off or a reclamation project....

As I said he doesn't exactly fit the bill because of his contract (thanks again M+J), but in terms of performance and what he could be if he fixed his game he's not that far off.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 600, 601, 602 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 601 of 685
Jump to: