Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson and deng to the Bulls...

Wade and rondo to us LOL

2 vets that expire next year.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Peyton Manning used to play for the Colts and he has done various projects with Papa John's Pizza.
Khacho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Larry honestly is doing things to get himself traded though; supporting d'lo is great but this guy also twitted non-sense about Kobe. I know he was young but you can tell personality traits.

Snitches like Snitches. We drafted Kuzma for a reason and if you heard rob today he kinda brushed away Larry and started talking about Kuzma.

Pretty sure Clarkson, Nance, Deng are being shopped around as a package
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Wow
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Khacho wrote:
Larry honestly is doing things to get himself traded though; supporting d'lo is great but this guy also twitted non-sense about Kobe. I know he was young but you can tell personality traits.

Snitches like Snitches. We drafted Kuzma for a reason and if you heard rob today he kinda brushed away Larry and started talking about Kuzma.

He was on air on Spectrum and said D'Lo is his 2015 draft buddy. wishes him well and hopes he averages 35points .. just not when he plays against LA.
He also said its part of the buisness come summer time, youre interested to see which players are on the move, but get sad when you hear its one of your own teammates.

He doesnt mean anything malicious with his comments, just sad to see his 2 year teammate go.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Khacho wrote:

You don't think we are shopping Randle?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Zero slices on my line.

What does that mean?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Khacho wrote:

tin foil hat time...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Zero slices on my line.

What does that mean?

Honestly, Clarkson is acting like a little kid, responding to a bunch of idiots who are telling me what the zero means... we all know Clarkson is gonna get traded this summer, we don't need any hints to see that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Wade and rondo to us LOL

I only do it if we get PG13, Wade and Rondo aren't gonna come to a rebuilding situation so there is no point doing that trade.
Birmingham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
I mean, this kind of stuff does happen without it meaning a trade, but it could still be a trade

Let's hope it is.

We can do without this level of mindless immaturity.

noD'Lo was the worst for it, but he was just the tip of the iceberg.

Get rid of Clarkson, Randle and Nance whilst our new draftees are still untainted.

We're cleaning house and moving forward with players that are known for things like bball IQ, good decision making, unselfishness, quiet leadership and a commitment to at least trying to play defense.

Earvin and Rob can't get the stench of the horrific Mitch and Jim era off us quick enough.

Go Lakers.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Wade and rondo to us LOL

I only do it if we get PG13, Wade and Rondo aren't gonna come to a rebuilding situation so there is no point doing that trade.

You do it cause both are expiring contracts
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Birmingham wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
I mean, this kind of stuff does happen without it meaning a trade, but it could still be a trade

Let's hope it is.

Get rid of Clarkson, Randle and Nance whilst our new draftees are still untainted.

We're cleaning house and moving forward with players that are known for things like bball IQ, good decision making, unselfishness, quiet leadership and a commitment to at least trying to play defense.

Earvin and Rob can't get the stench of the horrific Mitch and Jim era off us quick enough.

Go Lakers.

Not sure how Nance, and Clarkson got to be labeled as "stench", but ok, I guess...

Though not perfect, Nance and Clarkson always gave maximum effort, whenever the got on the court. They were committed to trying to win, and that's all you can ask of a player.

While Randle is clearly the more gifted player, his effort was not consistent.

But, when a new regime takes over, these things tend to happen, unfortunately. They bring in players they like, and the players from the previous regime are sometimes casualties. Unless you're Brandon Ingram, of course.

That being said, I'm not jumping the gun. Let's see what happens. Could be much adieu about nothing.

ZOOM!!!!!!!
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Khacho wrote:

I guess not even Larry Nance, Jr. is high character enough to play for the Los Angeles Eagle Scouts. Too bad.

This is funny because we actually have an Eagle Scout on the team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Khacho wrote:

I guess not even Larry Nance, Jr. is high character enough to play for the Los Angeles Eagle Scouts. Too bad.

True story. Josh Hart is an actual Eagle Scout.
Slappy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
I think dude is really on the trading block... he's probably in the PG13 trade, I would imagine Indiana would want to get him if they are going to let go of a franchise player like PG13.

Nobody in the league wants Clarkson. He has tunnel vision and he's next on the list after Harden as worst defender in the league. And for the cherry on top, for whatever insane reason(s), the prior regime decided that it was a good idea to pay him 12 mil a year.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I swear if Jordan survives this offseason, he better come back giving buckets to everyone and playing nice ass defense.
Birmingham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Birmingham wrote:
10scott10 wrote:

Let's hope it is.

Go Lakers.

Not sure how Nance, and Clarkson got to be labeled as "stench", but ok, I guess...

Though not perfect, Nance and Clarkson always gave maximum effort, whenever the got on the court. They were committed to trying to win, and that's all you can ask of a player.

While Randle is clearly the more gifted player, his effort was not consistent.

But, when a new regime takes over, these things tend to happen, unfortunately. They bring in players they like, and the players from the previous regime are sometimes casualties. Unless you're Brandon Ingram, of course.

That being said, I'm not jumping the gun. Let's see what happens. Could be much adieu about nothing.

ZOOM!!!!!!!

I've enjoyed Jordan's growth given his draft position.

And on the right team, in the right environment, with the right teammates, he may have developed into a more refined and sustainable winning weapon.

But sadly he is already at age 25 a vastly overpaid player who seems to make teammates worse on both ends.

He is a terrible decision maker prone to clear displays of immaturity - be it on social media or on the court.

He is a disaster defensively. He doesn't spread the floor offensively. He is not a ball mover.

These are all traits that Luke, Magic and Rob are DESPERATE to rid our roster of. And praise Jesus, they will.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol did someone call Randle "mindlessly immature"? Yeah I'm sure the 22 y/o father in a committed relationship with his soon-to-be-wife is the epitome of "mindless immaturity."

Jesus.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Nance is going anywhere. He was at the press conference and was interviewed on Spectrum SportsNet afterward. I don't think the team would've allowed him to do that if he was about to get traded somewhere.

That's not to say that we couldn't end up dealing him somewhere, but I don't think his name is a part of any trade proposals at the moment. I think that we really value what he can bring both on the court and in the locker room, and at a cheap price. And in regard to Dlo, he didn't say anything disrespectful to management at all. He was just wishing a former teammate well and saying that it's hard to lose a teammate (he even mentioned Mozgov), and it wasn't anything surprising.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Zero slices on my line.

What does that mean?

Honestly, Clarkson is acting like a little kid, responding to a bunch of idiots who are telling me what the zero means... we all know Clarkson is gonna get traded this summer, we don't need any hints to see that.

I wouldn't call him a little kid.

What if you worked at your job for 3 years then some loud mouth came into the company trying to change everything and get rid of you? Wouldn't you be hurt?
He's hurting.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Magic specifically mentioned nance playing with ball.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I don't think Nance is going anywhere. He was at the press conference and was interviewed on Spectrum SportsNet afterward. I don't think the team would've allowed him to do that if he was about to get traded somewhere.

That's not to say that we couldn't end up dealing him somewhere, but I don't think his name is a part of any trade proposals at the moment. I think that we really value what he can bring both on the court and in the locker room, and at a cheap price. And in regard to Dlo, he didn't say anything disrespectful to management at all. He was just wishing a former teammate well and saying that it's hard to lose a teammate (he even mentioned Mozgov), and it wasn't anything surprising.

Nance might need to get traded with a gloat of PFs on the team, I can see Bird valuing someone like Nance in a PG13 trade.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Lol did someone call Randle "mindlessly immature"? Yeah I'm sure the 22 y/o father in a committed relationship with his soon-to-be-wife is the epitome of "mindless immaturity."

Jesus.

People throw out insults and slander against these players at the drop of a hat. It's ok to not like a player but people go overboard sometimes.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

We need 15 Josh Harts
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 609, 610, 611 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 610 of 685
Jump to: