Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Like ur idea of being pro active since we know that the 2 max is our game plan, but I see Clarkson/Deng/Randle's value will be higher close to the trade deadline. Unlike Moz, I see Deng's contract easier to move. He fit the current game style well playing a stretch 4 with good def. FO just need to get or plan in place after the Trade deadline this year.

In an ideal world, if JC made just enough to fit under the 2 max plan, he's a decent combo guard to bring off the bench. His 12m/average yearly deal will make him a cap casualty. I'd rather just get the pain done with now (as was the Moz/DLO deal) so we know 100% that we have the 2 max plan done and ready to go. Otherwise, like we saw with some salary dump transactions in the mid-teens price range, it may take a 1st rounder.

Just like Nash made all the players around him more valuable and desirable for other teams in the NBA. I believe JC value will be higher during the season. Unlike DLo I see JC flourishing in this style, that's my opinion base on my observation of DLo game, he could have adjusted his style of play with Ball here, but I don't see him passing the Ball back to Lonzo just to fill the wings. I may be wrong but that is just my opinion.

The issue with JC is that the ball never came back. He was usually taking the shot when it came to him. Hopefully Lonzo's passing will be contagious with him.

If clarkson started for us last year, people would be feeling differently about him IMO. He showed steady progress since we drafted him. His average after we put all the vet down went to where he should have been as far as progress. When we made him the point and made Dlo more of the sg role his assist jumped to 4.2 per game and with a 2:1 assist to TO ratio. The person that made this video pointed out a lot of the positive view about Clarkson's game. I believe he is in the brink of bursting out and with Lonzo at the point and he should have a very good year. He has all the skills to have a CJ McCollum numbers this season.

He had to beat out Nick Young of all people, a player who was all but gone from the lakers by training camp.

Again, for me, it doesn't really matter. Our 2 max strategy means players like him will likely be gone.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Can we bring Nash back to help Clarkson, that was the only time JC was good
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
LOL anyone else caught that Magic summer league interview?

"Ingram has all-star potential, Randle looks great, Nance looks great, .... Clarkson is here."

Maybe unintentional but still lol.

lmao I saw that too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
Can we bring Nash back to help Clarkson, that was the only time JC was good

He's collecting...ring(s)...on the Warriors doing who knows what.
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Last year Jordan leaked out a lot after a rebound but we didn't take advantage of it. If what Ball is doing in summer league translate to the NBA, Jordan is going to have a field day this year.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
Last year Jordan leaked out a lot after a rebound but we didn't take advantage of it. If what Ball is doing in summer league translate to the NBA, Jordan is going to have a field day this year.

Yeah I can see Clarkson feasting on early offense. He's good at attacking the cup and should benefit from the early offense and transition opportunities that Lonzo will create.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
scott12199 wrote:

Yeah I can see Clarkson feasting on early offense. He's good at attacking the cup and should benefit from the early offense and transition opportunities that Lonzo will create.

i see the same thing, so why not start clarkson with ball?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson On Lakers Trade Rumors: ‘I’m Staying Here’

Quote:
Having played three seasons in the NBA already, Clarkson understands that rumors are just part of the professional basketball world and that he can’t dwell on them. He also mentioned putting in extra work to prepare for the upcoming season:

“Just more time I’m putting in,” Clarkson said. “Taking it real serious this year. Spending a lot of time with our new strength guys as well, Gunnar [Peterson, the Lakers new strength coach]. … Going to Gunnar’s gym.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/jordan-clarkson-on-lakers-trade-rumors-im-staying-here/2017/07/10/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

Tim Hardaway Jr... pretty much same level as JC?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Like ur idea of being pro active since we know that the 2 max is our game plan, but I see Clarkson/Deng/Randle's value will be higher close to the trade deadline. Unlike Moz, I see Deng's contract easier to move. He fit the current game style well playing a stretch 4 with good def. FO just need to get or plan in place after the Trade deadline this year.

In an ideal world, if JC made just enough to fit under the 2 max plan, he's a decent combo guard to bring off the bench. His 12m/average yearly deal will make him a cap casualty. I'd rather just get the pain done with now (as was the Moz/DLO deal) so we know 100% that we have the 2 max plan done and ready to go. Otherwise, like we saw with some salary dump transactions in the mid-teens price range, it may take a 1st rounder.

Just like Nash made all the players around him more valuable and desirable for other teams in the NBA. I believe JC value will be higher during the season. Unlike DLo I see JC flourishing in this style, that's my opinion base on my observation of DLo game, he could have adjusted his style of play with Ball here, but I don't see him passing the Ball back to Lonzo just to fill the wings. I may be wrong but that is just my opinion.

The issue with JC is that the ball never came back. He was usually taking the shot when it came to him. Hopefully Lonzo's passing will be contagious with him.

He's one of several players from the past few years who plays like he is way too interested in his own glory. It is odd because when a teammate makes a good play, they seem genuinely excited for each other. I don't know why they can't put it together that if they help their teammates succeed, they can all have more of those moments.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject:

My letter to Jordan Clarkson:

Attention Jordan Clarkson, your Official LG Page is buried at the bottom of page 3 of LG and sinking further with each day that passes.

If you care at all about remaining a Laker I hope you are working your butt off improving your 3 point shot and learning how to play Defense and not just hanging out with Hollywood starlets.

You probably have access to some of the greatest Lakers for advice and guidance. I'm sure Luke has advised you on how you should be playing to fit in on his team. I know you probably don't read LG, but your diminishing relevancy might be an indicator that your time with the Lakers is probably coming to an end.

Wake up and smell the roses...3 Ball, Defense, Passing! Add those to your great ability of getting to the basket and you will have a great season.

You'll probably still get key minutes off the bench, you might still be one of the key factors to the Lakers success this season.

Please don't disappoint us! If you just don't care, maybe there's a spot open for you in Brooklyn. Watch out, Josh Hart is after your job.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
My letter to Jordan Clarkson:

Attention Jordan Clarkson, your Official LG Page is buried at the bottom of page 3 of LG and sinking further with each day that passes.

If you care at all about remaining a Laker I hope you are working your butt off improving your 3 point shot and learning how to play Defense and not just hanging out with Hollywood starlets.

You probably have access to some of the greatest Lakers for advice and guidance. I'm sure Luke has advised you on how you should be playing to fit in on his team. I know you probably don't read LG, but your diminishing relevancy might be an indicator that your time with the Lakers is probably coming to an end.

Wake up and smell the roses...3 Ball, Defense, Passing! Add those to your great ability of getting to the basket and you will have a great season.

You'll probably still get key minutes off the bench, you might still be one of the key factors to the Lakers success this season.

Please don't disappoint us! If you just don't care, maybe there's a spot open for you in Brooklyn. Watch out, Josh Hart is after your job.

Writing's on the wall.

JC's gone.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Having played three seasons in the NBA already, Clarkson understands that rumors are just part of the professional basketball world and that he can’t dwell on them. He also mentioned putting in extra work to prepare for the upcoming season:

“Just more time I’m putting in,” Clarkson said. “Taking it real serious this year. Spending a lot of time with our new strength guys as well, Gunnar [Peterson, the Lakers new strength coach]. … Going to Gunnar’s gym.”

That's the right attitude. He can't control trade rumors or if the team does decide to move him. Don't sulk and just keep working hard and trying to fit in to the new style of play.

We don't have a lot of guard depth and not a whole lot of offense coming off the bench.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Would be nice to send JC out as part of the Melo trade to Houston, since the Knicks only want young players back. Get some picks we can hopefully use as leverage to then trade Deng.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
scott12199 wrote:

i see the same thing, so why not start clarkson with ball?

Cuz KCP does the same and is a better defender.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

If Lonzo's passing infects JC, it would be tremendously beneficial to JC's career.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
If Lonzo's passing infects JC, it would be tremendously beneficial to JC's career.

Lonzo's passing is going to benefit everyone
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I suspect that will be the case with many on the roster.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm so split on JC.
On one hand I think he can be a good bench player for us.
On the other hand, he is the final stooge left in the team.

With DLo and Nick gone, just seems right to have the 3 stooges off the team.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Zo made Vander Blue into somewhat of a passer, maybe there is hope for Clarkson. Still need him to play defense.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if hart even makes the rotation with clarkson and kcp...I'm guessing he spends a lot of time on the defenders with Thomas Bryant
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson is still a good 6th man off the bench, his numbers were decent. Im sure getting some minutes with Zo will really boost his confidence.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

It seems like Clarksons large contract was premature.

It still remains to be seen if he will be worth it.

Another Mich and JIm Mosgov/Deng bomb.

But Clarkson can still turn it around.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

not even close to as bad as Mozgov and Deng contracts
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
laker50 wrote:

not even close to as bad as Mozgov and Deng contracts

Agreed. Those deals hurt the Lakers big time, and took DLO to get rid of Moz.

Deng will cost a future 1st, maybe more, and likely a stretch.

JC at worst may cost a future 2nd to offload, but not nearly as crippling. Plus he can contribute on this team as a backup SG in the interim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 616 of 685
Jump to: