Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

I dont see what KCP has to do with Lebron. LBJ doesnt know who KCP is let alone wants to play with him
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I dont see what KCP has to do with Lebron. LBJ doesnt know who KCP is let alone wants to play with him

Rich Paul...why do you think we were so happy to pay KCP $18 Million when he had no other offers?

As a side note, if PG-13 stays in OKC....will not be surprised if Paul tries to get the Lakers to spend cap on LBJ (if he leaves Cleveland) and KCP or Nerlens Noel....
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Rich Paul...why do you think we were so happy to pay KCP $18 Million when he had no other offers?

As a side note, if PG-13 stays in OKC....will not be surprised if Paul tries to get the Lakers to spend cap on LBJ (if he leaves Cleveland) and KCP or Nerlens Noel....

I'm not a hugh fan of KCP, I dont like inefficient scores and in no way do I think KCP helps get LBJ. I think we signed KCP because we had to spend the money anyway and he's young so there is always a small chance he becomes a star
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I'm not a hugh fan of KCP, I dont like inefficient scores and in no way do I think KCP helps get LBJ. I think we signed KCP because we had to spend the money anyway.

None of what you think is correct. We did sign KCP as a favor to Lebron’s agent, we were used once again. We didn’t have to spend the money anyway.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I'm not a hugh fan of KCP, I dont like inefficient scores and in no way do I think KCP helps get LBJ. I think we signed KCP because we had to spend the money anyway.

I am not going to tell you that you are wrong....because who am I to say....but you are likely in the extreme minority if you do not think that Rich Paul / LBJ was a real part of the FO thinking when they signed KCP.....even waiving Nwaba to give him more money when KCP said he had no other offers on the table.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

None of what you think is correct. We did sign KCP as a favor to Lebron’s agent, we were used once again. We didn’t have to spend the money anyway.

for what its worth, I was a fan of the signing...not sure the money could have been used much better on the players that were available.

The reason I find the Noel thing interesting is he turned down a 4 year / $70 Million offer to accept his QO right after hiring Paul.....going into a FA period where few teams are expected to have cap room. Why does he do that unless he is confident that he can get him more money as an UFA......enter the Lakers. I would not be surprised if the Lakers would sign Noel if that meant they could sign LBJ.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I am not going to tell you that you are wrong....because who am I to say....but you are likely in the extreme minority if you do not think that Rich Paul / LBJ was a real part of the FO thinking when they signed KCP.....even waiving Nwaba to give him more money when KCP said he had no other offers on the table.

If KCP was the keys to LBJ why would KCP only get one offer and why only 17m.

LBJ can play with who ever he wants, why would it make sense he wants to play with Pope? I didnt even know who Pope was before the summer and I bet you didnt either
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

LBJ can play with who ever he wants, why would it make sense he wants to play with Pope? I didnt even know who Pope was before the summer and I bet you didnt either

Well that certainly tells us a lot.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Well that certainly tells us a lot.

So youre saying pope was so good that i should know who he was. What has he ever done lol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

first, I knew who KCP was at UGA....and anyone that follows college basketball or the draft likely did also....he was a top 10 pick in 2013. The guy was a 5 Star prospect and McDonald's All American out of high school......as well as SEC player of the year. Second, it's not about Lebron playing with KCP....it was throwing a bone to a Rich Paul client at a time of need to build that relationship in hopes of landing Lebron. Paul is much more to Lebron than just his basketball agent.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Well I guess as a favor to lbj agent it's possible but i would say thats not why we signed him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Well I guess as a favor to lbj agent it's possible but i would say thats not why we signed him.

watch the KCP introduction press conference....was it more introducing KCP or more Magic and Pelinka slobbering over Rich Paul! Like I said, even if that was not part of the equation, I supported the signing and still think it will pay off over the season. KCP is a very talented 2 way player.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

watch the KCP introduction press conference....was it more introducing KCP or more Magic and Pelinka slobbering over Rich Paul! Like I said, even if that was not part of the equation, I supported the signing and still think it will pay off over the season. KCP is a very talented 2 way player.

I can respect that,I also could be really wrong on this but I 'm going to join the real world for the next bunch of hours so take it easy adkindo and vlf
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Pre-season is over (woo-hoo). And so goes the SG comparison for Friday against the Clippers.

KCP - This was by far KCP's best game as a Laker. He filled up the stat sheet with rebounds and assists. He shot fairly well and played good defense. I am hoping this is just the start of his contribution for the Lakers this year. Hoping he was just trying to fit in for the preseason which is maybe why he seemed very average and vanilla. Last Friday, he had a lot of positive moments.

JC - This was an average game for JC. He shot well but he didn't get much playing time (17 minutes). Nothing else to discuss because he didn't get any rebounds or assists.

Hart - He was actually playing SF for majority of the night but it was a good showing for him. Whenever he was on the court, JC or VBlue was on the court also playing the SG position. Not sure if this is how Luke will use him this season. I think at SG or SF, he will be okay.

VBlue - Garbage time for VBlue. Plus on top of that he got cut from the team. Thanks for your services. I loved your play during the summer league.

So for the preseason, the scores are as follows:

Ongoing Score:
JC 4
KCP 2
VBlue 0
Hart 0

Moving forward, I will separate preseason from regular season to post-season.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

It's too early to say we were used, besides it's a chance you have to take for just one year. Let's wait till next summer for this one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

For the record I support signing KCP.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

solid first game for JC

7 of 16 (44%) and 2 of 3 on threes (66%), 18 Pnts. / 2 Reb. / 2 Asts. / 2 Steals / 3 TO's in 23 minutes.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Best player tonight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
solid first game for JC

7 of 16 (44%) and 2 of 3 on threes (66%), 18 Pnts. / 2 Reb. / 2 Asts. / 2 Steals / 3 TO's in 23 minutes.

So sad that he's the only one on the team that can create his own shot.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

He should start tomorrow while KCP's out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

I'd prefer Alex to start.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I would bench both Ingram and Deng and go with Alex and Kuzma or Kuzma and Clarkson
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I would bench both Ingram and Deng and go with Alex and Kuzma or Kuzma and Clarkson

Yea I'm with u on benching deng. I'd rather have brewer out there.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

JC can create his own shot and, tunnel vision and all, is one of the few guys who will look to set up Lonzo too. But especially decent shot creation is sorely missed with that starting group. No one can do it
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject:

Luke should do the obvious and start JC in KCP’s place but no he’d rather have the corpse of Luol Deng out there
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 632 of 685
Jump to: