Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 632, 633, 634 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WVLAKERFAN1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Luke should do the obvious and start JC in KCP’s place but no he’d rather have the corpse of Luol Deng out there

Why does he always do the wrong thing with the easiest of lineup choices. There on only 2 actual SG's on the roster and one sits. So he puts a guy who is too slow to play the 4 as the starting 3 and makes a guy who is i already struggling to play the 2 that doesn't fit him at all. C Webb called it in like the first 3 mins when he said Luke needs to get Deng off the floor because of his lack of offensive movement and defensive presence.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

I thought he had an overall good night. Couple of old JC style boneheaded moves, but he competed and was one of the few bright spots last night.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

SG Comparison for the Regular Season- Game 1

KCP - DNP - League mandated disqualification.

BI - Started as SG and he was awful. Couldn't make a shot and looked really slow. His moves just doesn't look too fluid in my opinion. His pull ups were better but he has to make those because he is taller than most that guard him. If anyone still thinks BI can play SG, then I don't know what to tell you. Watch last night's replay. That's all the evidence you need. Luke......Ever hear the term KISS.....Keep It Simple Stupid. Start the only SG you have available on your roster. Play the SG more minutes if you only have one at your disposal.

JC - Good game by JC. Some good passes to LN. I actually think they have some chemistry playing together. Probably from last year. LN seems to always be where JC needs him to be for the pass.

Remember I said once that JC plays like the guy in the park with endless energy and is all over the court. Well we needed that last night because our starting line-up was super slow. 7/16 FG which isn't bad (44%). But two of those misses were blocked and JC missed a chippie.

Some bone-headed turnovers later in the game but that's expected. Overall an average game. JC and LN were the only bright spots in yesterday's game.

Hart - Injured

VBlue - DNP

Preseason Score:
JC 4
KCP 2
VBlue 0
Hart 0

Regular Season Score:
JC 1
KCP 0
BI 0
VBlue 0
Hart 0
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Can't we just start JC until KCP is back? I mean this isn't rocket science (though I guess it begs the question about who is the lead creating guard on the 2nd unit).
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I thought he had an overall good night. Couple of old JC style boneheaded moves, but he competed and was one of the few bright spots last night.

Probably the only guy that can create his own shot reliably...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Can't we just start JC until KCP is back? I mean this isn't rocket science (though I guess it begs the question about who is the lead creating guard on the 2nd unit).

Clarkson played well yesterday and it’s not as detrimental to have his ball stopping in the second unit. With that said, if the other options are Deng and Ingram might as well take the chance.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Jordan has been playing well. We should just make him the defacto PG - play him at both guard spots. Open up some minutes for Hart and/or Brewer at the 2 that way too.

That transition score against the Jackson in the mid-4th was nice too.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Playing well tonight. Once KCP is back he should get a sustained run backing up both guard spots perhaps bc ennis and Caruso aren’t cutting it. Like brewer’s defensive energy too.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Keep it up bro
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Playing well tonight. Once KCP is back he should get a sustained run backing up both guard spots perhaps bc ennis and Caruso aren’t cutting it. Like brewer’s defensive energy too.

I beg to differ.
JC is playing relatively well because the ball is not in his hands.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson has played well in the first two games. I'll settle for 17.5 points in 20 minutes on over 48% shooting.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Clarkson has played well in the first two games. I'll settle for 17.5 points in 20 minutes on over 48% shooting.

JC is doing exactly what he has been asked to do. He is looking good!
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Another strong performnace by JC tonight. Thought he pushed the issue a little bit tonight offenisvely on a few possessions but overall a well-rounded game. Really appreciating his effort defensively on his man. His help D kills us at times though (over exaggerated rotations, gambling, etc). Either way, think he's playing the 6th man role perfectly thus far, and seems to have truly embraced it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t think this would happen but maybe there’s a chance he stays and Jules and Deng are the odd men out.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Another strong performnace by JC tonight. Thought he pushed the issue a little bit tonight offenisvely on a few possessions but overall a well-rounded game. Really appreciating his effort defensively on his man. His help D kills us at times though (over exaggerated rotations, gambling, etc). Either way, think he's playing the 6th man role perfectly thus far, and seems to have truly embraced it.

He brings scoring punch off the bench which the team needs.

But I think improving defensively is what will ultimately lead to the team improving and I have questions as to if he can/will be part of where we need to go.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Didn’t think this would happen but maybe there’s a chance he stays and Jules and Deng are the odd men out.

Too expensive for the two max plan, but he's upping his value so far.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably. But if we can miraculously trade Deng and Jules is out there may be a chance.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

He brings scoring punch off the bench which the team needs.

But I think improving defensively is what will ultimately lead to the team improving and I have questions as to if he can/will be part of where we need to go.

I have the same questions, particularly on his team Defense. I have seen him make strides on his man D (and it really looks like he's putting an effort into it, something he didn't show in the last year) and am hoping that as the season progresses, he'll learn how to be disciplined when rotating on the help.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably. But if we can miraculously trade Deng and Jules is out there may be a chance.

Good Jordan is a fun and valuable player to have around if the two max plan falls through.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

JC off the bench has been a bright spot for the Lakers.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I prefer he comes off the bench he is starting to embrace the role.

It actually limits his bone head plays.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

SG Comparison for the Regular Season- Game 2

KCP - DNP - League mandated suspension

BI - BI was introduced as the SG but most o the night he was guarding Chriss and was playing SF. So he is not in contention for this game.

Brewer - Very nice game by Brewer. He really got into Booker's skin in the game. He didn't shoot much and only had 5 points but that didn't matter. He made his mark on defense. His hustle and energy made a difference in the game. Perfect example of how defense wins games.

JC - I thought last night was JC's best game of the year so far. Good shooting, good man defense, didn't dribble too much, not very many ugly plays.

I noticed that JC gets the last shot of the 1st and 3rd quarter now. He also gets the free throws for the opposite team's technicals.

Hart - Zero stats all across the box score. Did not get into the game much. Nothing to discuss.

VBlue - DNP

Tough call between JC and Brewer. Gong against the grain, I have to give this one to Brewer. JC was good offensively but didn't play more than 17 minutes. Brewer made a difference.

Preseason Score:
JC 4
KCP 2
VBlue 0
Hart 0

Regular Season Score:
JC 1
KCP 0
BI 0
Brewer 1
VBlue 0
Hart 0[/quote]
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

JC embracing the Lou Williams role well. He still has those narrow vision and ballhog IQ at times but his scoring has been a huge help.

Gonna need that from him along with some defense. Especially if he's going for that 6th man of the year.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Jordan has been playing well. We should just make him the defacto PG - play him at both guard spots. Open up some minutes for Hart and/or Brewer at the 2 that way too.

I don't know. He was really successful last night coming off the ball and not being ball dominant. We were setting good screens for him to catch and shoot. Not a lot of dribble pounding. I'd stick with this for a while to see if we can develop the good habits. I like the idea for opening up minutes for those other guys but I'm leery that JC falls back to old habits as a result.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I don't know. He was really successful last night coming off the ball and not being ball dominant. We were setting good screens for him to catch and shoot. Not a lot of dribble pounding. I'd stick with this for a while to see if we can develop the good habits. I like the idea for opening up minutes for those other guys but I'm leery that JC falls back to old habits as a result.

Agree

Wish we had a better backup PG though
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 632, 633, 634 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 633 of 685
Jump to: