Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 653, 654, 655 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
Wow BigGameJames. You went out of your way to post that negativity. Isn’t it Thanksgiving today.

I am thankful for the Lakers and the players who play and give us our enjoyment as fans. That includes JC and all the players.

And tomorrow we can go back to the nom on this site and ask to trade everyone we don’t like including BI and Zo and Kuz.

Thank you.

Yeah, I’d respect folks more if they had the intestinal fortitude to post stuff like that after he has a good game, too easy to lambast a player when he plays bad.

That’s precisely what dudes who think Ball is “not an NBA player” do — scream and holler and stick to their narrative after a bad game then go underground after a good one.

If you’re a “Christian”, thank God after a loss, just as much as you would after a victory. Don’t wait for a “good time” to get your “story” in.

I’ve criticized JC after good bad and average games for those things over the past few years. I choose to not come in here very often and ruin people’s misplaced love of JC. I can come in here after his next average game and explain why he hurt the team. Or I can come in here after a good game and explain why he didn’t help as much as t seemed. I choose to let y’all believe what you want and just vent once in a while. It has nothing to do with intestinal fortitude, it’s common courtesy.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:
Wow BigGameJames. You went out of your way to post that negativity. Isn’t it Thanksgiving today.

I am thankful for the Lakers and the players who play and give us our enjoyment as fans. That includes JC and all the players.

And tomorrow we can go back to the nom on this site and ask to trade everyone we don’t like including BI and Zo and Kuz.

Thank you.

Yeah, I’d respect folks more if they had the intestinal fortitude to post stuff like that after he has a good game, too easy to lambast a player when he plays bad.

That’s precisely what dudes who think Ball is “not an NBA player” do — scream and holler and stick to their narrative after a bad game then go underground after a good one.

If you’re a “Christian”, thank God after a loss, just as much as you would after a victory. Don’t wait for a “good time” to get your “story” in.

I’ve criticized JC after good bad and average games for those things over the past few years. I choose to not come in here very often and ruin people’s misplaced love of JC. I can come in here after his next average game and explain why he hurt the team. Or I can come in here after a good game and explain why he didn’t help as much as t seemed. I choose to let y’all believe what you want and just vent once in a while. It has nothing to do with intestinal fortitude, it’s common courtesy.

Well, if that’s true, then my bad. I’m wrong.

Far too often people lump people together in boats that they shouldn’t be in, and apparently I may have done that with you.

For the record, although I think Clarkson has his place somewhere in the league, I actually agree that his value is overstated on this team.

Thanks for the courtesy, but don’t be too nice. After a decent game by him, impart your knowledge. Tell us what you see. I don’t agree with everything in your original post, especially the tone, but, regardless, truth has a funny way of changing the tides, however slow and indiscriminate it may seem at first.

A guy like ventura was dead-set against any free agent, now he’s preaching Cousins as much as the next guy. That change of heart is directly related to guys on here sharing sage wisdom.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

*testicular fortitude
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

Thank you.

Well, if that’s true, then my bad. I’m wrong.

Far too often people lump people together in boats that they shouldn’t be in, and apparently I may have done that with you.

For the record, although I think Clarkson has his place somewhere in the league, I actually agree that his value is overstated on this team.

Thanks for the courtesy, but don’t be too nice. After a decent game by him, impart your knowledge. Tell us what you see. I don’t agree with everything in your original post, especially the tone, but, regardless, truth has a funny way of changing the tides, however slow and indiscriminate it may seem at first.

A guy like ventura was dead-set against any free agent, now he’s preaching Cousins as much as the next guy. That change of heart is directly related to guys on here sharing sage wisdom.

He needs to have an incredibly efficient scoring night to positively effect the team IMO. He has plenty of games where his defense(both on and off ball) KILL the team. He’s not very capable of playing within the flow of an offense. The offense almost always slows down when he comes in. Not just the pace of the offense but the ball movement and actions within the offense slow down. He scores efficiently or shoots well while playing off the ball certain games and I believe he made the team better but most times I see him as a net negative as an overall player even when his stats suggest otherwise. He plays hard and scores so I think that masks just how bad he is in lots of other vital aspects of the game.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:

Thank you.

Generally, Thanksgiving is the nom though, isn't it? I tend to nom less on a normal day.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
This guy needs to be gone by the deadline or this summer at the latest. Either he only cares about himself, has no Bball IQ or a combination of both. He’s a detriment to the team even when he plays decent because of his sickening style. Can’t defebd a lick, dribbles with his head down constantly, forces shots and has no willingness or ability to make a simple pass to keep the ball movibg. Every year is the same though, he has a few good scoring games to fool people into thinking he’s valuable and they are distracted from all of the absolutely horrible and incredibly detrimental things he does to the team. Get him outta here or bench him and take the hit of his contract because most games he’s a detriment to the team and refuses to improve in the areas he needs to.

BigGameHames wrote:

your right....you are easily one of the most extremely bias individuals on LG....but this kind of post will only cause people to take you less seriously. I would recommend staying over in the Lonzo thread talking up his "rebounds". I get this is hard for you....seeing JC play so well, while your favorite player struggles early on....but trying to drag down JC is not going to help Lonzo's play. JC, such a detriment to the team?

Per 36:

Ball - 10 PPG / 8 RPG / 8 APG
JC - 25 PPG / 4 RPG / 4 APG

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Ball - 32% FG / 25% 3FG / 43% FT / 37% TS
Clarkson - 49% FG / 36% 3FG / 75% FT / 57% TS

Advanced:

Ball: VORP - +0.2 / BPM - -0.6 / Win Shares - +0.2
Clarkson: VORP - +0.2 / BPM - -0.6 / Win Shares - +1.0

So you say JC is the poor performer, and the problem on the team?
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
This guy needs to be gone by the deadline or this summer at the latest. Either he only cares about himself, has no Bball IQ or a combination of both. He’s a detriment to the team even when he plays decent because of his sickening style. Can’t defebd a lick, dribbles with his head down constantly, forces shots and has no willingness or ability to make a simple pass to keep the ball movibg. Every year is the same though, he has a few good scoring games to fool people into thinking he’s valuable and they are distracted from all of the absolutely horrible and incredibly detrimental things he does to the team. Get him outta here or bench him and take the hit of his contract because most games he’s a detriment to the team and refuses to improve in the areas he needs to.

BigGameHames wrote:

your right....you are easily one of the most extremely bias individuals on LG....but this kind of post will only cause people to take you less seriously. I would recommend staying over in the Lonzo thread talking up his "rebounds". I get this is hard for you....seeing JC play so well, while your favorite player struggles early on....but trying to drag down JC is not going to help Lonzo's play. JC, such a detriment to the team?

Per 36:

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Advanced:

Don’t we have an all negativity thread. It would only make sense to post there for frustrated fans.

Adkimdo. Thanks for the stats. Excellent work.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

BigGameHames wrote:

Per 36:

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Advanced:

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

BigGameHames wrote:

Per 36:

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Advanced:

The exact two people I choose to avoid interacting with. The game can’t always be explained with stats and you paired two players against each other who’s stats really don’t tell the whole story. Like I said earlier, I needed to vent but not gonna rehash the same argument we’ve all had numerous times.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

BigGameHames wrote:

Per 36:

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Advanced:

The exact two people I choose to avoid interacting with. The game can’t always be explained with stats and you paired two players against each other who’s stats really don’t tell the whole story. Like I said earlier, I needed to vent but not gonna rehash the same argument we’ve all had numerous times.

If the stats begin to illustrate a more favorable story, he will be back focusing on the stats! Until then, it's the eye test.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

Thank you.

You've criticized JC after his goos games?

Why??
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
You've criticized JC after his good games?

Why??

wondered about this for a couple years with several posters.....it seems to be more personal than about his play.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

BigGameHames wrote:

Per 36:

PER:

Ball - 10.42
JC - 19.35

Shooting %:

Advanced:

If the stats begin to illustrate a more favorable story, he will be back focusing on the stats! Until then, it's the eye test.

Funny how that works, right?
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

My god what is wrong with his taper. He’s been in LA this long and still can’t find a barber?

My biggest pet peeve with Jordan

He has to be getting it done like that on purpose.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Good first half
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Good game for Clarkson.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Good game for Clarkson.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

JC must have been seething on the bench in the fourth watching the brickfest after he played well and put up good numbers.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Not always a fan of his decisions but he's an efficient scorer. I would have had him in there over Lonzo.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Should use this game to see if any team is willing to trade for him and a Deng’s contract.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

JC shaking his head at the end of the game is him saying he should have closed the game over Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
JC shaking his head at the end of the game is him saying he should have closed the game over Lonzo.

Was it that?
Or was it because the team couldn't d up Lou who was their only scoring threat?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Yup. Or super frustrated that Lou got to the rim at will on that possession. Either way, that was definitely a sign of major frustration that he wasn't on the court. He did a good job post-game trying to keep that frustration contained.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

JC has been really good this year. Eating a lot of crow about him.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

I am really sad for him. His face at the end was awful. You can see easily how disappointed he was. He was great this game and deserved to finish it.
Luke
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 653, 654, 655 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 654 of 685
Jump to: