Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Even if being a 6th man is JC's floor, I won't project him to be a future 6th man. We simply don't know how these guys will turnout, all we can do is hope for the best.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
When DLO and Randle are Clarkson's age now. Clarkson will be 25-26 and probably even more effective than he is now (due to the physical advantages that come with age).

When DLO is 24, Clarkson will be 28. Still in his prime while DLO hasn't even entered it!

Thanks for correcting my math. Got Clarkson's draft age confused with his current age.
But I still believe Clarkson's "age advantage" won't dissipate anytime soon.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Even if being a 6th man is JC's floor, I won't project him to be a future 6th man. We simply don't know how these guys will turnout, all we can do is hope for the best.

And therein lies the falsely created hullabaloo by some.

I can only speak for myself, but I've always maintained that he's our starting SG unless someone better beats him out. The 6th man comment is his floor to me, which is a really big compliment.

It's too hard to project his future as the Lakers have 3 max slots in 2016 and 2017, and may elect to go after an all star guard like DRoz or WB (or others). Or they may not.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

You being the ring leader of course

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
This was more then a 17 win team. We just had a horrible coach and the KFT that held them back. Players struggle to win games early on it takes time. OKC and the Warriors didn't start off winning 50 games they struggled.

Clarkson is a 6th man to a few of you yet he has teams that want him to be thier lead PG. The same isn't being said for other players if a better FA came. For a competitor like Clarkson a 6th man is an insult.

He's not going to say it publicly before he get his big deal but no young player with potential wants to come off bench. He's the starting combo guard and that's how he should be viewed.

You speak as if you're Clarkson. That's the problem some folks have with your takes on him.

Exactly. The problem is he acts like he's in tune with Clarksons mentality and nervous system. I can't count how many times I've read on here "His work ethic is off the charts" or "He has a giant chip on his shoulder" or "He'll take [this or that] as an insult". Either he has a personal relationship with Clarkson or (more likely) he is completely full of (bleep).

Also, saying he was hurt by Scott's system is true(it hurt everybody but Kobe and Lou) but it was also a huge reason why Clarkson put up big numbers in his first two year. That part is constantly overlooked. Clarkson has been a huge steal for a 46th pick so far but even a super 6th man is not his floor at this time. He will have to make big strides to get in the Manu, Odom, young Harden territory.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Hey, just keeping it 100.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject:

Thay new shot tho.... That (bleep) is beautiful
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, sometimes you gotta keep it 1000.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

1000 is a bit tough though, no?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

1000 is a bit tough though, no?

nah...just keep doing you

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
nash wrote:
I'm not going to say all this talk about Clarkson being a franchise player or a 6th man at best is laughable, but I find it funny how the same conversation just flip sides when the talk is about other young players.

I believe it's reasonable to expect Clarkson will keep slowly improving for the next two or three seasons and if he proves he can defend at an average level he is a starting material player on a contender, but not presumably first or second option.

How funny would it be if we trade down in this draft and draft another combo guard while bringing back Clarkson.
There will be 3 "teams" on LG all biased because they think "their" combo guard is the one we should be building around.

I don't mind getting Dunn if we don't trade down to get him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
He was already bigger then most PG's now with the added bulk it's going to be tough for defenders from keeping him getting to the rim. Teams usually cross match on Clarkson and Russell defensively because of Clarkson's speed. He's too fast for most SG's and too big and strong for most PG's. Expecting a big year for Clarkson.

Hopefully now he won't shy away from contact and get to the FT line more.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
He was already bigger then most PG's now with the added bulk it's going to be tough for defenders from keeping him getting to the rim. Teams usually cross match on Clarkson and Russell defensively because of Clarkson's speed. He's too fast for most SG's and too big and strong for most PG's. Expecting a big year for Clarkson.

Hopefully now he won't shy away from contact and get to the FT line more.

or playing defense
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

The talk of JC being a 6th man is in regard to us bringing in a better option to start. How any Laker fan can be against that baffles me.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

The talk of JC being a 6th man is in regard to us bringing in a better option to start. How any Laker fan can be against that baffles me.

Yes. I don't see how it is insulting to think Clarkson could be a great 6th man on a championship contending roster. Some great all stars and hall of famers were 6th men. If he turns out to be a superstar, even better.

It's great to see him put in the work. In an earlier interview, he said that he was watching film. Let's see what he can do.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Yes. I don't see how it is insulting to think Clarkson could be a great 6th man on a championship contending roster. Some great all stars and hall of famers were 6th men. If he turns out to be a superstar, even better.

It's great to see him put in the work. In an earlier interview, he said that he was watching film. Let's see what he can do.

And I would say that about any other young player, DLO, Nance Randle. The idea is to get better, not play favorites.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

And I would say that about any other young player, DLO, Nance Randle. The idea is to get better, not play favorites.
Most of us have favorites.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Yeah. If getting Steph Curry or Westbrook meant DLO had to be a 6th man, and that was the best move for the Lakers, I'd be all for that.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Im particularly fond of Ju'Brangelo Ransullgram, I really like that kid, he's so versatile
jarranthon brownsonance jr pretty good too
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

All I know is that I would not sleep on JC and I would not trade him unless we were getting a really really good player in return.

The kid has an amazing work ethic. Looks to be adding 3 point range for next season. If he could ever play D, we have our SG for the next 10 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
All I know is that I would not sleep on JC and I would not trade him unless we were getting a really really good player in return.

The kid has an amazing work ethic. Looks to be adding 3 point range for next season. If he could ever play D, we have our SG for the next 10 years.

I wouldn't either, but I don't think anyone on this team has earned a permanent starting position after at most, 2 years on a team with the franchise's 2 worst records (thanks Byron).
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Im particularly fond of Ju'Brangelo Ransullgram, I really like that kid, he's so versatile
jarranthon brownsonance jr pretty good too

Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Yeah. If getting Steph Curry or Westbrook meant DLO had to be a 6th man, and that was the best move for the Lakers, I'd be all for that.

Sign me up.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

JC putting in work for that stepback three
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGvrfGjFNoX/?taken-by=drewhanlen&hl=en
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

piece of advice to everyone out there...find you a partner that loves you as much as jc loves the gym
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 401 of 685
Jump to: