Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Last night was proof that he helps the team as a bench player. Why do people insist on seeing the bench role as "lesser than"? He's equally as important as the starters. Staggering him with DLo makes the team better. This obsession with making JC the star has gone from cute to creepy.
He could have done the same as a starter. The obsession with him coming off the bench when he's arguably the best player on the team is bizarre.

How could he do the same as a starter with DLO getting 16 shots, Mosgov getting 10 and Randle getting 11? You would be complaining about their shots and them freezing JC out. Don't break what is working.
We were still down early that's my complaint. Those guys despite having good 1st half is something we can't rely on to consistently happen.

Before the game Bresnahan mentioned that there was a heated debate between Luke , Jesse, and Shaw in the locker room on who was going to start. Obviously those two had different opinions than Luke but he has the final say. We need Clarkson's scoring to give us leads and I think yesterday Clarkson forced Luke to rethink this situation.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

He is a younger Lou Williams.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Last night was proof that he helps the team as a bench player. Why do people insist on seeing the bench role as "lesser than"? He's equally as important as the starters. Staggering him with DLo makes the team better. This obsession with making JC the star has gone from cute to creepy.
He could have done the same as a starter. The obsession with him coming off the bench when he's arguably the best player on the team is bizarre.

Wasn't there a time when you could make the case that Ginobli was the best player on the Spurs?
No. Ginobli was an all star but Parker was a top 5 player for many years and we know how great Duncan is. Ginobli was the clear 3rd best player on the team. Clarkson imo is the best player on the team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

How could he do the same as a starter with DLO getting 16 shots, Mosgov getting 10 and Randle getting 11? You would be complaining about their shots and them freezing JC out. Don't break what is working.
We were still down early that's my complaint. Those guys despite having good 1st half is something we can't rely on to consistently happen.

Before the game Bresnahan mentioned that there was a heated debate between Luke , Jesse, and Shaw in the locker room on who was going to start. Obviously those two had different opinions than Luke but he has the final say. We need Clarkson's scoring to give us leads and I think yesterday Clarkson forced Luke to rethink this situation.

I think yesterday confirmed Luke's decision. The starting unit performed well offensively and the bench unit performed well offensively.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Smh...
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

Fantastic game. I'd keep him coming off the bench, but I'd have him finishing the games; just like last night.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Wasn't there a time when you could make the case that Ginobli was the best player on the Spurs?
No. Ginobli was an all star but Parker was a top 5 player for many years and we know how great Duncan is. Ginobli was the clear 3rd best player on the team. Clarkson imo is the best player on the team.

I tend to agree with you he should start...

BUT, if he's going to close games like he did last night, then it's fine the way it is. Hopefully, we just never see Huertest out there again and JC is getting all those mins:

Young (20) | JC (20) | Lou (8)
D'LO (34) | JC (14)
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I think yesterday confirmed Luke's decision. The starting unit performed well offensively and the bench unit performed well offensively.
The +/- and the eye test showed that the starters were outplayed. I think yesterday game confirmed what I've been saying about Clarkson. Give him the keys...
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

The +/- and the eye test showed that the starters were outplayed. I think yesterday game confirmed what I've been saying about Clarkson. Give him the keys...

The keys to what
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
I never want to see a lineup of Lou and Huertas again.

JC has to come off the bench for that to happen.

You switch out Huertas for Calderon and you're already winning at life. Actually any lineup without Huertas and you're winning at life.
?
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Luke has decided to make Clarkson a six man for a reason. His value is his ability to be a go to scorer against bench players. Asking him to guard guys like Harden and Thompson wouldn't end well.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...
go look at Lou's history. Not current Lou. Lou was 6th man. Who had green light to get pts. Jamal Crawford too. Play off teams when those are your subs
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

Dont see the disdain for that, if clarkson ends up a sixth man of the year contender in the future, he should be thrilled. I know you see him as the next mj but i dont think that's going to happen, he's a scorer, should've passed the ball more yesterday but he was great scoring late in the game, so that's ok. But i think playing as a sixth man should be his niche in the future, nothing to sneeze at
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

BUT, if he's going to close games like he did last night, then it's fine the way it is. Hopefully, we just never see Huertest out there again and JC is getting all those mins:

D'LO (34) | JC (14)
Exactly. We saw Luke forget all about Huertas and had Clarkson running PG. I think Jesse had a lot to do with that. He's the guy Clarkson always talk to on the bench about certain plays. Hopefully, we'll see more of it.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

Dont see the disdain for that, if clarkson ends up a sixth man of the year contender in the future, he should be thrilled. I know you see him as the next mj but i dont think that's going to happen, he's a scorer, should've passed the ball more yesterday but he was great scoring late in the game, so that's ok. But i think playing as a sixth man should be his niche in the future, nothing to sneeze at

Apparently being a 6th man is shameful now
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

D'LO (34) | JC (14)
Exactly. We saw Luke forget all about Huertas and had Clarkson running PG. I think Jesse had a lot to do with that. He's the guy Clarkson always talk to on the bench about certain plays. Hopefully, we'll see more of it.

There was no reason to Huertas in the second half because Ingram was the primary ball handler with the second unit. They clearly want JC off the ball.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

It should be all about playing in a team concept, i trust Luke to make the right decisions, i also envision clarkson more as a sixth man, but he has all the chances in the world to earn his starting place back, go out and play and if it's the right move for the team, i trust Luke's judgement to put Clarkson back in the starting unit.

All i have to say really
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

This thread is ridiculous. He plays GREAT as an off ball guard off the bench last night and led us to a victory in the second half and all some people want to do is complain that he's not starting at PG. You guys must be more worried about being right than the well being of the team. When Clarkson plays point he puts up stats but we lose, when he's off the ball we are a better team and he still puts up very good stats(and more efficiently). Stop worrying about your man crushes label and be happy with how well the team is doing. Or is that too much to ask and this thread is gonna be uninhabitable for another year?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Jc's role works just fine. He will feast on second units for now.

Didn't do so bad against the 1st unit finishing the game, either. That's what's great about the 6th man role (see: Ginobli). Plus Clarkson's ungodly motor is a nice advantage against starters in the 4th.

Scoring guard off the bench is a great position for JC, we will see more games like last night than less in the future. As you posted, very Ginobli-like, finishing the game with the starters. Good coaching by Luke.

Agreed. All that gushing about the Luke hire is looking directly on target.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Well, we can disagree on both counts. Clarkson is certainly one of the best players but this season, the best player will emerge on a consistent night-in/night-out basis. Something that all the youngsters have contended with.

But I suppose, Ginobli being the 2nd best player but still coming off the bench (plus finishing games) doesn't meet your criteria for Clarkson?
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
tnell wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

It should be all about playing in a team concept, i trust Luke to make the right decisions, i also envision clarkson more as a sixth man, but he has all the chances in the world to earn his starting place back, go out and play and if it's the right move for the team, i trust Luke's judgement to put Clarkson back in the starting unit.

All i have to say really

I agree with you. I was pushing for him to start but if him coming off the bench is better for the team and it's helping us win then I'm down for it.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Well, we can disagree on both counts. Clarkson is certainly one of the best players but this season, the best player will emerge on a consistent night-in/night-out basis. Something that all the youngsters have contended with.

But I suppose, Ginobli being the 2nd best player but still coming off the bench (plus finishing games) doesn't meet your criteria for Clarkson?
It doesn't because It's going to affect his overall minutes. Only 25 mins It's limiting his game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Is that what it did? When JC was performing poorly in the first half, posters were saying "this is why he is not starting"....then JC takes over the game and was the key to winning and posters say "see how good he is off the bench, this is why he is not starting". It is logic after the fact.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

No one played over 30 minutes, so it's not like he's being singled out.

It's about what's best for the team, not what's best for Clarkson.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...
go look at Lou's history. Not current Lou. Lou was 6th man. Who had green light to get pts. Jamal Crawford too. Play off teams when those are your subs

I know Lou and Crawford history and neither were efficient, could pass, rebound, or defend. Clarkson can do all those things and he's bigger and a elite athlete.

He's playing like a prime Ginobli right now the way he's flying by his defenders off those screens and getting into the lane. He's creating so much separation from his defenders. You add that two his improved 3pt shot and he's difficult to stop. There was nothing the Rockets could do from keeping him out of the lane.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 460 of 685
Jump to: