Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I and only a few others were mocked for bragging about Clarkson's high potential. I'm so glad almost everyone has know jumped on the Clarkson bus!!
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

Anyone else flipping channels when Bryan takes out Clarkson? Bryan's offense is so boring without some speed demon breaking down the other team's defense.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject:

Clarkson always looked like he had a high ceiling, but I am impressed with how he has brought it all together so quickly. Of course, like all players, there is room for improvement, but I am genuinely excited about his future as our point/combo guard. Above average handles, aggressive mind set, great lateral speed, and it seems that he is a cerebral player. Bright light, in a dim season. Good Job Mitch and Chaz, you picked a winner. Bottoms up!

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

The explosiveness and leaping ability helps too it's a nice thing to have. He'll be tested today vs Augustin.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
lol ellington is the worst player in the galaxy

What? He can defend pretty well, score, put the ball on the fall and create decently. I like Ellington's game.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Clarkson might be the best player on the team now.

No. Clarkson can score and is athletic but he's not better than a lot of the other players on the team. He has a lot to learn still. He's doing great, but no way is he the best player on the team. He's not the best guard on the team, there are things that both Lin and Ellington do that is better, mainly because they have more experience.
clarkson is not only athletic and can score. He can pass, rebound, defend, and doesnt turn the ball over. Over the last 10 games nobody on this team is playing better than him

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

i dont understand the hate, the kid is playing amazing right now. If he was a top ten pick people wouldn't be complaining as much we got a major steal.

Majority of the haters are lin fans, Can't wait until that scrub and his cult are gone.

Stop with that stupidity and talk about players and not fans. That is one thing the mods say to do so do it. I don't give a crap about if you want to see any player go because you don't like his fans. He plays for the Lakers, he has some fans, deal with it and don't moan like a baby.

We can discuss Clarkson without getting into this garbage. Clarkson is doing great and that's good to see but it is a little too soon to say he is the best player. And when it comes down to winning games, Clarkson is not finishing yet because he isn't there yet. That's no knock on the kid, he's a rookie. He's doing fine.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

No. Clarkson can score and is athletic but he's not better than a lot of the other players on the team. He has a lot to learn still. He's doing great, but no way is he the best player on the team. He's not the best guard on the team, there are things that both Lin and Ellington do that is better, mainly because they have more experience.
clarkson is not only athletic and can score. He can pass, rebound, defend, and doesnt turn the ball over. Over the last 10 games nobody on this team is playing better than him

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

i dont understand the hate, the kid is playing amazing right now. If he was a top ten pick people wouldn't be complaining as much we got a major steal.

Majority of the haters are lin fans, Can't wait until that scrub and his cult are gone.

Stop with that stupidity and talk about players and not fans. That is one thing the mods say to do so do it. I don't give a crap about if you want to see any player go because you don't like his fans. He plays for the Lakers, he has some fans, deal with it and don't moan like a baby.

We can discuss Clarkson without getting into this garbage. Clarkson is doing great and that's good to see but it is a little too soon to say he is the best player. And when it comes down to winning games, Clarkson is not finishing yet because he isn't there yet. That's no knock on the kid, he's a rookie. He's doing fine.

The only reason you're in this thread is to defend lin and prop him up, You don't give a (bleep) about Clarkson and no its not too soon he is the best player on the team in my eyes and whatever you lin guys say wont change that. You're the same guys who wanted Harden to defer to lin more last year and now he's a MVP candidate without that scrub slowing him down.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

The only reason you're in this thread is to defend lin and prop him up, You don't give a (bleep) about Clarkson and no its not too soon he is the best player on the team in my eyes and whatever you lin guys say wont change that. You're the same guys who wanted Harden to defer to lin more last year and now he's a MVP candidate without that scrub slowing him down.

You don't define me, I define me. And talk about the players and not fans. Another of these stupid posts and I report you.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

You don't define me, I define me. And talk about the players and not fans. Another of these stupid posts and I report you.

I'm shaking in my boots please don't.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

you can tell he is working on slowing the game down and reading the floor (Nash's influence perhaps). He still needs a lot of work (e.g. working on this off hand, particularly his passing if we are going to force him to play PG), but great progress already this season.

With Randle out, he is definitely the bright spot for the season.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Quartz888
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

You can criticize without resorting to name calling. Smh
qiantom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Quartz888 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

If a scrub can slow you down, then you are pretty much a scrub as well...
Quartz888
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

qiantom wrote:
Quartz888 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

If a scrub can slow you down, then you are pretty much a scrub as well...

True.

I should not laugh but that was funny.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
you can tell he is working on slowing the game down and reading the floor (Nash's influence perhaps). He still needs a lot of work (e.g. working on this off hand, particularly his passing if we are going to force him to play PG), but great progress already this season.

With Randle out, he is definitely the bright spot for the season.

I agree, Randle going down was a huge disappointment and downer. Then Clarkson didn't play much. A lot of the other guys may or may not be with the team going forward. Kelly hasn't really been that great but Clarkson now is progressing well and is a lot of fun to watch. It would have been a real waste in Clarkson's development if Scott continued not to play him.

I find the Lakers now much more fun to watch than earlier in the season. I think Ellington has played well and the non-shooting elements of his game are underrated. Also now there are 2 combo guards that can penetrate and score or dish so there's more spacing to the offense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one curious to see how Lin and clarkson play together?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Ellington's been the "Jodie" and he'd be a welcome addition. This year and next year. If Clarkson really became our starting pg next year I wouldn't mind Ellington as our backup 2 and Young our backup 3 next year.

Draft Tyus Jones with the Houston pick if LeVert, Kaminsky, Grant are gone.

Clarkson
Kobe
(5th pick)
Randle
Ed Davis

Bench:
Tyus Jones
Wayne Ellington
Nick Young
Ryan Kelly
Tarik Black

not bad. I'd hope we'd add a free agent to that lineup as well

24 wrote:

They do and it does seem to work when they do, Clarkson just seems like he's comfortable playing on or off ball. At least more than he was before. So I think it works well. when they do get minutes together.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

To me they have looked good together in the limited time. I think Clarkson playing so many minutes at the 1 has also helped the development of his 2 play.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Yes, but I would really love to see how Clarkson and Dragic play together.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

I'm shaking in my boots please don't.

Both of you can take a few days off. We don't need this kind of bickering here. It adds absolutely nothing. Everyone, please stick to discussing basketball without the insults.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

Any thoughts of Jackson or Knight instead Dragic?

IMO both are younger, more athletic, less expensive and play defense.

With the development Clarkson It has me wondering how good he can be after an off-season working out and refining his skills. Depending on other moves I could see bringing back Lin, Clarkson and even Price. Solid trio if Clarkson continues to develop into a legitimate starting PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

With the development Clarkson It has me wondering how good he can be after an off-season working out and refining his skills. Depending on other moves I could see bringing back Lin, Clarkson and even Price. Solid trio if Clarkson continues to develop into a legitimate starting PG.

Both are RFAs too.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

Both are RFAs too.

Yeap. And Jackson has been shooting awful since getting traded. He wanted a bigger role, but he looks just like he did when he started in OKC.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

I'd love to bring Lin back, but I don't think you can pay max/near max money for a guy like Lin if you are committed to Clarkson being your future pg
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson was solid vs the Thunder but I don't like the two PG lineup at all. For tanking purposes I do but not if were trying to win.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Shot wasn't falling today. Did some good things, and some not so good. Got outplayed by Augustin though.

A very good test for the kid. Could have been a blessing that wasn't Westbrook in front of him today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 47 of 685
Jump to: