Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Last night was proof that he helps the team as a bench player. Why do people insist on seeing the bench role as "lesser than"? He's equally as important as the starters. Staggering him with DLo makes the team better. This obsession with making JC the star has gone from cute to creepy.
He could have done the same as a starter. The obsession with him coming off the bench when he's arguably the best player on the team is bizarre.

Wasn't there a time when you could make the case that Ginobli was the best player on the Spurs?
No. Ginobli was an all star but Parker was a top 5 player for many years and we know how great Duncan is. Ginobli was the clear 3rd best player on the team. Clarkson imo is the best player on the team.

Well, we can disagree on both counts. Clarkson is certainly one of the best players but this season, the best player will emerge on a consistent night-in/night-out basis. Something that all the youngsters have contended with.

But I suppose, Ginobli being the 2nd best player but still coming off the bench (plus finishing games) doesn't meet your criteria for Clarkson?
It doesn't because It's going to affect his overall minutes. Only 25 mins It's limiting his game.

I would not mind Clarkson starting at all, but you know he did get a lot of touches within those 25 minutes.

I'm cool with him starting or as a 6th man, but putting him in a 6th man role really insults you.

You know that there have been All-Stars and Hall of Famers who were 6th men during their prime like Kevin McHale, Detlef Shrempf, Manu Ginobili, Antawn Jamison, among others. That doesn't sound like bad company to me.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
He is a younger Lou Williams.
Smh...
go look at Lou's history. Not current Lou. Lou was 6th man. Who had green light to get pts. Jamal Crawford too. Play off teams when those are your subs

I know Lou and Crawford history and neither were efficient, could pass, rebound, or defend. Clarkson can do all those things and he's bigger and a elite athlete.

He's playing like a prime Ginobli right now the way he's flying by his defenders off those screens and getting into the lane. He's creating so much separation from his defenders. You add that two his improved 3pt shot and he's difficult to stop. There was nothing the Rockets could do from keeping him out of the lane.

Lol, it's been 1 game. Stop
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Last night was proof that he helps the team as a bench player. Why do people insist on seeing the bench role as "lesser than"? He's equally as important as the starters. Staggering him with DLo makes the team better. This obsession with making JC the star has gone from cute to creepy.
He could have done the same as a starter. The obsession with him coming off the bench when he's arguably the best player on the team is bizarre.

Wasn't there a time when you could make the case that Ginobli was the best player on the Spurs?
No. Ginobli was an all star but Parker was a top 5 player for many years and we know how great Duncan is. Ginobli was the clear 3rd best player on the team. Clarkson imo is the best player on the team.

Well, we can disagree on both counts. Clarkson is certainly one of the best players but this season, the best player will emerge on a consistent night-in/night-out basis. Something that all the youngsters have contended with.

But I suppose, Ginobli being the 2nd best player but still coming off the bench (plus finishing games) doesn't meet your criteria for Clarkson?
It doesn't because It's going to affect his overall minutes. Only 25 mins It's limiting his game.

I would not mind Clarkson starting at all, but you know he did get a lot of touches within those 25 minutes.

I'm cool with him starting or as a 6th man, but putting him in a 6th man role really insults you.

You know that there have been All-Stars and Hall of Famers who were 6th men during their prime like Kevin McHale, Detlef Shrempf, Manu Ginobili, Antawn Jamison, among others. That doesn't sound like bad company to me.
I don't mind him coming off the bench if we had a Bird or Duncan in the starting lineups to hold leads, but not with journeyman like Young and Lou. I think Clarkson is capable of doing much more.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I don't mind him coming off the bench if we had a Bird or Duncan in the starting lineups to hold leads, but not with journeyman like Young and Lou. I think Clarkson is capable of doing much more.

Much more than what? Nick Young was the best defender out of the guards yesterday. You think Clarkson would have limited Harden?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

Harden had a career game. Did what he wanted and when he wanted. Young was torched all game. Clarkson made some big plays defensively in the end against Harden.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Harden had a career game. Did what he wanted and when he wanted. Young was torched all game. Clarkson made some big plays defensively in the end against Harden.
We won. Period.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

So did Young. Harden didn't score a career high. There wasn't much Young could do about the assists.

Last edited by CamReddish on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Do did Young. Harden didn't score a career high. There wasn't much Young could do about the assists.
Swaggy played just fine. Harden is a great offensive talent. He would've done what he did regardless of who was on him last night.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Do did Young. Harden didn't score a career high. There wasn't much Young could do about the assists.
Swaggy played just fine. Harden is a great offensive talent. He would've done what he did regardless of who was on him last night.

Yes he did. The whole team did IMO.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

No question JC gets the game ball but it really was a team W. There were countless plays by other players that made the difference.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

The narrative shouldn't be he "lost" his starting spot. No one thinks nick, deng are better than Jc. Jcs game is more conducive to a 6th man role where he owns the space or a starting squad surrounded by defenders. He doesn't have elite vision. He's an attacker. Nada mas
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject:

I tell you one thing; there is no way in hell that 30 is still his career high by the end of this season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

No question JC gets the game ball but it really was a team W. There were countless plays by other players that made the difference.

Jc was strong no doubt. However I thought jr did everything. He came up huge late.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

that is ridiculous.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

This Clarkson tweet is just awesome
:@Dloading you was the head of the snake young g
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:

Lol, they have the same jokes about Byron that us fans do.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Smh...

that is ridiculous.

Same skill set but probably more Jamal Crawford. My bad.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

Damn JC a savage
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:

Ruthless ha!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
The narrative shouldn't be he "lost" his starting spot. No one thinks nick, deng are better than Jc. Jcs game is more conducive to a 6th man role where he owns the space or a starting squad surrounded by defenders. He doesn't have elite vision. He's an attacker. Nada mas

Would you make Klay Thomspon a bench player? He does not have elite vision, and he is an attacker (if your saying score first aggressive play). Klay is a much more skilled shooter than JC...and I understand "much" is an understatement, but JC is more athletic. When we stop searching for evidence and creating definitions (6th man role), Clarkson looks like a pretty damn good starting SG that has good chemistry with DLo.

Last edited by adkindo on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

So when is Byron going to take credit for JC?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He is the one player Byron may have an argument for....I mean he did bring him along slowly, but once he proved worthy and the best option on the roster that year, he turned him loose. Then he didn't put too much on him last year and allowed him to develop on a nice pace. I dont think he hurt JC's development....and I cant say that about many players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He is the one player Byron may have an argument for....I mean he did bring him along slowly, but once he proved worthy and the best option on the roster that year, he turned him loose. Then he didn't put too much on him last year and allowed him to develop on a nice pace. I dont think he hurt JC's development....and I cant say that about many players.

Well. IIRC, it took injuries to Price, Lin before he would dust off JC. I think that's when I made the JC post hoping he'd play more. Not sure he would have done so if Price/Lin weren't hurt.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Clarkson didn't see the floor until every other guard was out with injuries and the team was calling up DLeague players just to field a 13 man team on a nightly basis.

In other words, the parking brake had worn its rotors and pads down to nothing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

How could he do the same as a starter with DLO getting 16 shots, Mosgov getting 10 and Randle getting 11? You would be complaining about their shots and them freezing JC out. Don't break what is working.
We were still down early that's my complaint. Those guys despite having good 1st half is something we can't rely on to consistently happen.

Before the game Bresnahan mentioned that there was a heated debate between Luke , Jesse, and Shaw in the locker room on who was going to start. Obviously those two had different opinions than Luke but he has the final say. We need Clarkson's scoring to give us leads and I think yesterday Clarkson forced Luke to rethink this situation.

I think yesterday confirmed Luke's decision. The starting unit performed well offensively and the bench unit performed well offensively.

Is that what it did? When JC was performing poorly in the first half, posters were saying "this is why he is not starting"....then JC takes over the game and was the key to winning and posters say "see how good he is off the bench, this is why he is not starting". It is logic after the fact.

Not when you have accepted JC coming off the bench prior to the season started, which many here had done.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 461 of 685
Jump to: