Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Shot wasn't falling today. Did some good things, and some not so good. Got outplayed by Augustin though.

A very good test for the kid. Could have been a blessing that wasn't Westbrook in front of him today.

A blessing for Westbrook maybe!!!

just kidding
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:
Am I the only one curious to see how Lin and clarkson play together?

Yes, but I would really love to see how Clarkson and Dragic play together.

Any thoughts of Jackson or Knight instead Dragic?

IMO both are younger, more athletic, less expensive and play defense.

With the development Clarkson It has me wondering how good he can be after an off-season working out and refining his skills. Depending on other moves I could see bringing back Lin, Clarkson and even Price. Solid trio if Clarkson continues to develop into a legitimate starting PG.

I'd love to bring Lin back, but I don't think you can pay max/near max money for a guy like Lin if you are committed to Clarkson being your future pg

Max money and lin in the same sentence? Lol. You don't pay that to lin because he's not close to being worth that. Lin will be lucky to get the full mid-level this off-season.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
A very good test for the kid. Could have been a blessing that wasn't Westbrook in front of him today.

Why is that ? Would have been good motivation to get destroyed by the best point guard in the NBA.
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
MJST wrote:

Why is that ? Would have been good motivation to get destroyed by the best point guard in the NBA.

Or a confidence destroyer
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
MJST wrote:

And that would let us know he's not meant to don the purple and gold.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

I personally think that would be a horrible combination.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Clarkson might be the best player on the team now.

No. Clarkson can score and is athletic but he's not better than a lot of the other players on the team. He has a lot to learn still. He's doing great, but no way is he the best player on the team. He's not the best guard on the team, there are things that both Lin and Ellington do that is better, mainly because they have more experience.
clarkson is not only athletic and can score. He can pass, rebound, defend, and doesnt turn the ball over. Over the last 10 games nobody on this team is playing better than him

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

i dont understand the hate, the kid is playing amazing right now. If he was a top ten pick people wouldn't be complaining as much :lol: we got a major steal.

Majority of the haters are lin fans, Can't wait until that scrub and his cult are gone.

Stop with that stupidity and talk about players and not fans. That is one thing the mods say to do so do it. I don't give a crap about if you want to see any player go because you don't like his fans. He plays for the Lakers, he has some fans, deal with it and don't moan like a baby.

We can discuss Clarkson without getting into this garbage. Clarkson is doing great and that's good to see but it is a little too soon to say he is the best player. And when it comes down to winning games, Clarkson is not finishing yet because he isn't there yet. That's no knock on the kid, he's a rookie. He's doing fine.

The only reason you're in this thread is to defend lin and prop him up, You don't give a (bleep) about Clarkson and no its not too soon he is the best player on the team in my eyes and whatever you lin guys say wont change that. You're the same guys who wanted Harden to defer to lin more last year and now he's a MVP candidate without that scrub slowing him down.

You don't define me, I define me. And talk about the players and not fans. Another of these stupid posts and I report you.

I'm shaking in my boots please don't. :lol:

Both of you can take a few days off. We don't need this kind of bickering here. It adds absolutely nothing. Everyone, please stick to discussing basketball without the insults.

dayuum. it's timeout for the kiddies
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

would be great if Lin played the PG and Clarkie played the SG but for some reason Byron likes it the other way around
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

I disagree. I'd say clarkson will be much improved next season. Having two guards who are basically interchangeable would be great. Clarkson is learning to play point guard more efficiently. Dragic is a bit more of a dynamic scorer though.

I'd be interested to see how Kobe and Clarkson could work together. I'd love to see Kobe instill some of those 'black mamba' traits into Clarkson.

Teams are still giving clarkson shots. Once he continue to knock down those shots and defenses start focusing on him.. It'll open up players for easy looks. If he works on his court vision / passing.. Watch out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

If Clarkson can keep developing I see a consistent 20ppg scorer with good defense that can create and play off ball. D'Angelo Russell would be such a great fit next to him it's ridiculous. I'd also feel great about Clarkson/Mudiay as a backcourt. Insane potential there as well.

For all the crap the media spews our way, we're proving we can evaluate talent.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
If Clarkson can keep developing I see a consistent 20ppg scorer with good defense that can create and play off ball. D'Angelo Russell would be such a great fit next to him it's ridiculous. I'd also feel great about Clarkson/Mudiay as a backcourt. Insane potential there as well.

For all the crap the media spews our way, we're proving we can evaluate talent.

stupid chaz..
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
zePokar wrote:
MJST wrote:

If adversity destroys your confidence, then you were never confident to begin with. I don't think Clarkson is the type of guy to let being dominated effect his confidence in games after.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
24 wrote:

I disagree. I'd say clarkson will be much improved next season. Having two guards who are basically interchangeable would be great. Clarkson is learning to play point guard more efficiently. Dragic is a bit more of a dynamic scorer though..

there's no doubt in my mind clarkson will improved next year, but dragic is more strictly a point, that doesn't play well off the ball and needs the ball in his hands. dragic himself said that he doesn't feel comfortable off the ball, he doesn't wanna play off the ball, he wants to play point. it shows on the court, but, well, clarkson is our point, and shouldn't be regulated to just playing off ball. in my opinion, dragic's overrated, but he's not a combo guard, he's a point that can score. though I just don't see dragic's ability, meshing with clarkson ability. clarkson is better with the ball, than off the ball, but he can play off the ball in spurts; 2 players that wanna be point, need the ball in their hands, and both that can't necessary play without the ball, isn't good. I don't doubt they would score points, but I don't see that combo being that good. I actually see it as "horrible," as far as winning goes or being dynamic.

what clarkson needs is a combo guard (what I would prefer, because it'll be much harder for the opposition to guard, but he can just have a shooting guard next him), that can play off the ball, but can also play with the ball; like a d'angelo russell or possibly a lin (i'm interested in seeing lin and clarkson play together) - that would make the duo more dynamic.

russell, in my mind meshes with clarkson the best. I also think that lin and clarkson would be a good combo, reason why I wanna see them play together.
24KT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind a Clarkson for LaVine swap.
ItzTacos
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

This kid is a dog

love his attitude
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

24KT wrote:

Why?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
24KT wrote:

Why?

Because monster dunks are cool.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

ItzTacos wrote:
This kid is a dog

love his attitude
I must be showing my age, but during my time, if you call someone a dog, usually that's an insult.
Dr. Jez
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
ItzTacos wrote:
This kid is a dawg

love his attitude
I must be showing my age, but during my time, if you call someone a dog, usually that's an insult.

Fixed it for them.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Jez wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
ItzTacos wrote:
This kid is a dawg

love his attitude

Fixed it for them.
There you go
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't do a Lavine for Clarkson swap at this point into their careers. Lavine is obviously more athletic, but he doesn't show as much promise as JC when it comes to decision making and penetrating. JC is actually a better 3 point shooter too.

The part about him I dislike the most is.. he just looks and acts way too cocky. Look at his profile pic on espn http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3064440/zach-lavine
24KT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
24KT wrote:

Why?

He's capable of more than that. His career game has come against the Lakers where his potential was on full display. Lakers brought that focus out of him. I'm sure his numbers would be more positive than they are if he was a Laker.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

No. Clarkson can score and is athletic but he's not better than a lot of the other players on the team. He has a lot to learn still. He's doing great, but no way is he the best player on the team. He's not the best guard on the team, there are things that both Lin and Ellington do that is better, mainly because they have more experience.
clarkson is not only athletic and can score. He can pass, rebound, defend, and doesnt turn the ball over. Over the last 10 games nobody on this team is playing better than him

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

i dont understand the hate, the kid is playing amazing right now. If he was a top ten pick people wouldn't be complaining as much we got a major steal.

Majority of the haters are lin fans, Can't wait until that scrub and his cult are gone.

Stop with that stupidity and talk about players and not fans. That is one thing the mods say to do so do it. I don't give a crap about if you want to see any player go because you don't like his fans. He plays for the Lakers, he has some fans, deal with it and don't moan like a baby.

We can discuss Clarkson without getting into this garbage. Clarkson is doing great and that's good to see but it is a little too soon to say he is the best player. And when it comes down to winning games, Clarkson is not finishing yet because he isn't there yet. That's no knock on the kid, he's a rookie. He's doing fine.

The only reason you're in this thread is to defend lin and prop him up, You don't give a (bleep) about Clarkson and no its not too soon he is the best player on the team in my eyes and whatever you lin guys say wont change that. You're the same guys who wanted Harden to defer to lin more last year and now he's a MVP candidate without that scrub slowing him down.

You don't define me, I define me. And talk about the players and not fans. Another of these stupid posts and I report you.

I'm shaking in my boots please don't.

Both of you can take a few days off. We don't need this kind of bickering here. It adds absolutely nothing. Everyone, please stick to discussing basketball without the insults.

Not sure why they both had to take time off. It seems like the instigating was one sided.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
watchME wrote:
bws94 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

February
minutes 27.5 Lin 24.6
ppg 14.0 Lin 11.4
FG% 47.7 Lin 44.9
3% 37.0 Lin 33.3
FT% 84.6 Lin 79.4
rpg 3.6 Lin 2.1
apg 4.0 Lin 4.2
1.5 TO Lin 2.5
spg 1.1 Lin 1.0

i dont understand the hate, the kid is playing amazing right now. If he was a top ten pick people wouldn't be complaining as much we got a major steal.

I'm shaking in my boots please don't.

Not sure why they both had to take time off. It seems like the instigating was one sided.

It's that double technical Jeff Van Gundy hates.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

24KT wrote:
24 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
24KT wrote:

Why?

He's capable of more than that. His career game has come against the Lakers where his potential was on full display. Lakers brought that focus out of him. I'm sure his numbers would be more positive than they are if he was a Laker.

Outside of dunking, there is nothing that Lavine can do better than JC. I think you are overvaluing athleticism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 48 of 685
Jump to: