Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers' Jordan Clarkson developed grinder mentality growing up in San Antonio

Quote:
San Antonio’s underdog mentality, in demeanor and economic stature, helped mold Clarkson during his ongoing quest to reach his full potential. Clarkson’s mindset hasn’t changed in his third NBA season, which sees him adapting to coming off the bench.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/clarkson-740824-high-antonio.html
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

He's been playing well lately especially on defense. One thing I would like for him to improve on is getting to the line more and his free throw %. Other than that I have no complaints.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Excellent game today. Should have started instead of Lou.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Great game by JC despite the limited minutes. 21 pts, 4 rebs, 3 ast, 8-14 FG, 3-4 3PT.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Good game.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

JC shooting well.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

He shoot ball.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Good shooting game from Clarkson. Love watching his quick release.
Hopefully he can get his 3PT% in the high 30s by the end of the season.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to sound like a hater, but he didn't play any differently than he has played in a bad game.

What I mean by this is the only difference was he made tough shots this game, compared to a game where most would crucify him for being "bad."

There were plenty of sequences where he overdribbled and iso'd into a difficult shot, but the only difference today was that he made them. I want him to be a bit more dynamic.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
I'm going to sound like a hater, but he didn't play any differently than he has played in a bad game.

What I mean by this is the only difference was he made tough shots this game, compared to a game where most would crucify him for being "bad."

There were plenty of sequences where he overdribbled and iso'd into a difficult shot, but the only difference today was that he made them. I want him to be a bit more dynamic.

I assume you have went through and been critical of all of our players that played like they were the 5th or 6th best at their position in the MAC Conference before being critical of one of only two players that performed well today?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I still feel he needs consistent PT (30-34MPG)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Should have started instead of Lou (or Ingram instead of Lou).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Should have started instead of Lou (or Ingram instead of Lou).

Luke usually goes with Ingram....assume it was a matchup issue because they started Rivers?
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I assume you have went through and been critical of all of our players that played like they were the 5th or 6th best at their position in the MAC Conference before being critical of one of only two players that performed well today?

The point of the post was to show that in my opinion, Clarkson didn't really play a different game than he usually does.

The main difference was his tough shots were falling today.

So sometimes, people glance at the box score after the game and go, "bad game" or "good game" but it was just a matter of shots going in or not, not the way the player played the game.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

The point of the post was to show that in my opinion, Clarkson didn't really play a different game than he usually does.

So sometimes, people glance at the box score after the game and go, "bad game" or "good game" but it was just a matter of shots going in or not, not the way the player played the game.

tbh I agree
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

My post was too snarky....just thought if there was any game that everyone played so bad except Clarkson and Ingram....Clarkson could avoid the constant criticism some fans hit him with. After reading my response, was the wrong tone.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

My post was too snarky....just thought if there was any game that everyone played so bad except Clarkson and Ingram....Clarkson could avoid the constant criticism some fans hit him with. After reading my response, was the wrong tone.

Holy (bleep), this just happened on the internet? , adkindo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Holy (bleep), this just happened on the internet? , adkindo.

just doing my part to make this world a better place
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I get the defensive tone, with how much he gets attacked, and that's why I had to preface my post with not to sound like a hater. He definitely played a good game.

Just was saying today his shots dropped, he didn't play a different style.

No need to apologize. Appreciate it though
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Today his shots did fall, that was good to see. Not much else to brag about, but that is valid for the team in general.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Great game by Clarkson. Him and ingram came to play.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

He's been heating up. Now at 45/35/77 with improved defense. I think he'll finish the season strong he just needs more minutes. Clarkson and Ingram play great together in the backcourt.
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
He's been heating up. Now at 45/35/77 with improved defense. I think he'll finish the season strong he just needs more minutes. Clarkson and Ingram play great together in the backcourt.

When these two play well Dlo and Randle don't we do not have that balanced offense.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Very efficient game by JC. Hurt his ankle in the 4th. He's getting fouled a lot but not getting the calls.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

He shoot ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 561 of 685
Jump to: