Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
He needs to be in the starting line up. Get DLO off the ball more.

Well I definitely agree that DLO could use a secondary ball handler to get him into more opportunities for himself, I remember a stat a while back (don't know if it still holds) that he shoots better on catch-and-shoots vs off-the-dribble. And his game usually opens up when his shot's going. That doesn't mean turning him into a shooting guard.

I just don't think that JC is that guy to set him up.

He isn't capable or willing to be that guy. He's been given plenty of opportunities to set up other players(not just Russell) but he'd rather dribble in place, call for an on ball, and eventually take a contested jumper. It's getting hard to watch.

Although I do wonder if he'd be a more willing playmaker if he wasn't battling for shots as a 7th man against Lou Will in the 2nd unit.

He is who he is. Keep Lou package Jc with moz get us a defender 2g
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Jordan played really well tonight. He still needs to work on his defense but other than that he is coming along nicely.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

DLO has back to back 10 assist games and Clarkson hasn't shown a willingness to make the easy simple passes that are necessary to play PG all year. But let's ignore that and put Clarkson on the ball, great idea.
He had a nice pass to Deng

I mean it's one pass but he did it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Well I definitely agree that DLO could use a secondary ball handler to get him into more opportunities for himself, I remember a stat a while back (don't know if it still holds) that he shoots better on catch-and-shoots vs off-the-dribble. And his game usually opens up when his shot's going. That doesn't mean turning him into a shooting guard.

I just don't think that JC is that guy to set him up.

He doesn't have to be setting up Russell most of the time. But if he does even 20% of the playmaking, that's about 18% more than Nick provides. Which is why it'd be interesting to see them both together.

They looked good as a backcourt last year, so I think the structured offense would do him well
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

DLO has back to back 10 assist games and Clarkson hasn't shown a willingness to make the easy simple passes that are necessary to play PG all year. But let's ignore that and put Clarkson on the ball, great idea.

I may have missed that one. Was it just him penetrating and hitting him on a backdoor or kick out?

My issues with Clarkson come from his ball stopping/constant dribbling and only passing for assists. He needs to be willing to make a simple swing pass to move the ball side to side and move the defense. Or a skip pass when the defense over helps. Or a quick pass to a roll man when the ball is kicked out to him. Etc etc I don't think he's capable or willing to do those things and that along with his inconsistent defense is why he frustrates me so much and why I don't see him as more than a scorer off the bench.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I may have missed that one. Was it just him penetrating and hitting him on a backdoor or kick out?

My issues with Clarkson come from his ball stopping/constant dribbling and only passing for assists. He needs to be willing to make a simple swing pass to move the ball side to side and move the defense. Or a skip pass when the defense over helps. Or a quick pass to a roll man when the ball is kicked out to him. Etc etc I don't think he's capable or willing to do those things and that along with his inconsistent defense is why he frustrates me so much and why I don't see him as more than a scorer off the bench.
IDK I just remember posting "nice pass JC." I think it was just a ball reversal lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Nice game from JC tonight, he made some really nice passes and the hustle on that ball that was kicked across the mid court line was impressive.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

This
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
tox wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

This

Good to see him doing all that tonight

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson 10 shots, 0 assists.

That's a typical game from him.

Yet some people thought it was crazy that we couldn't just pluck a player from the D League like the Mavs and countless others have done and have them play well and even better than Clarkson.

The sooner you guys realize Clarkson isn't special, the easier it will be to see him go.

Please someone tell me what's so special about Clarkson that I fail to see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I used to think his deal was a steal this summer. Not sure anymore.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This.

His game regressed big time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

JC jacked up some ill-advised shots tonight. He made a few good defensive plays and then got torched at times. Not a good showing.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Not a good shooting night for JC, but it was good to see him getting to the line. Overall, Good game by Clarkson.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I am leaning towards sure it was not a steal. He is just Meh, No defense, does not make plays for others, is not a glass eater, his shot is just "Meh".... especially when considering both ends of the court, I just do not care much for him, think he is actually over paid. When he signed I thought well "perhaps worth it, but after this season, no way.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This.

His game regressed big time.

Pretty damn bummed about his play this season. I was looking for some strides forward with all the work he put in this summer. Clarkson's growth was a good storyline we had going considering how we found him in the draft. He could very well have a bounce back season next year, but he sure does look a lot more expendable based on what we've seen.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

When looking at the stats, it's surprising to me that JC is shooting only 1.5 percentage points worse than he was last year. I was hoping that he would be able to shoot around 37% this year from deep. Hopefully he continues to work on that shot as well as his decision making.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Not a good shooting night for JC, but it was good to see him getting to the line. Overall, Good game by Clarkson.

I only looked at the box score so take this with a grain of salt but 12 points on 10 shots 0 assists 1 rebound and 3 TO isn't a good game. At least not for somebody expected to be our 6th man of the future.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm tired of watching Clarkson hog the ball. I used to be a fan after his first year. But now all he does is dribble around till he can drive to the basket and he doesn't pass to the open man. Total Ball stopper. He thinks he's Kobe.

People here were comparing him to Monta Ellis, well I hope they trade him like the Warriors did to Ellis and then the Lakers can start their ascent.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Steal for him, earns 2.5 times Young salary with much worse stats.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I'm tired of watching Clarkson hog the ball. I used to be a fan after his first year. But now all he does is dribble around till he can drive to the basket and he doesn't pass to the open man. Total Ball stopper. He thinks he's Kobe.

People here were comparing him to Monta Ellis, well I hope they trade him like the Warriors did to Ellis and then the Lakers can start their ascent.

Addition by subtraction. He's not a winning player.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

Addition by subtraction. He's not a winning player.

After what he showed his rookie year, I thought he had potential. But now it's all gone to his head. Ship him out!
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson ranked number 32 on ESPN's top 50 players under 25. Nance was 48. No mention of Russell and Randle yet.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Clarkson has a mild strain in his right thumb. However he is expected to play Friday against the Bucks.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

A look at the box score shows that JC had a decent game: 11 points, 4 assists on 4/9 shooting. I thought he played extremely well in the first half but he KILLED us when he kept pounding the ball leading to bad offensive possessions. These are the type of plays that he has to work on
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 577, 578, 579 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 578 of 685
Jump to: