Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 591, 592, 593 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
I don't think Clarkson should be getting credit for accepting a bench role. He didn't have a choice.

Luke actually said he gave him the option.

Got a link?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
I don't think Clarkson should be getting credit for accepting a bench role. He didn't have a choice.

Got a link?

Quote:
“He’s been absolutely great,” Walton said. “I’ve talked to him about starting or coming off the bench; he’s been good with both. It’s nice to have guys like that on your team.”

Quote:
“Probably the biggest thing I can do is try to help us get wins,” said Clarkson, who also came off the bench in the opening victory over the Houston Rockets. “I’m comfortable with the role I’m in. I’m getting starter minutes, so it’s a good process for me. It’s a little different, but … to me it’s just, I’m helping another unit. Just helping the team, to be honest with you.”

http://www.axs.com/jordan-clarkson-comfortable-with-bench-role-with-lakers-109036

another video he said he asked if he was more comfortable coming off the bench or starting later in the season, where clarkson said he's comfortable helping the team win.

now show me the link where JC didn't have a choice because I couldn't find it on google.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:
“He’s been absolutely great,” Walton said. “I’ve talked to him about starting or coming off the bench; he’s been good with both. It’s nice to have guys like that on your team.”

Quote:

“Probably the biggest thing I can do is try to help us get wins,” said Clarkson, who also came off the bench in the opening victory over the Houston Rockets. “I’m comfortable with the role I’m in. I’m getting starter minutes, so it’s a good process for me. It’s a little different, but … to me it’s just, I’m helping another unit. Just helping the team, to be honest with you.”

http://www.axs.com/jordan-clarkson-comfortable-with-bench-role-with-lakers-109036

another video he said he asked if he was more comfortable coming off the bench or starting later in the season, where clarkson said he's comfortable helping the team win.

now show me the link where he didn't have a choice because I couldn't find it on google.

You're completely misinterpreting that quote. Luke is not at all saying that he let Clarkson choose whether he came off the bench or not, just that he was ok with either scenario. Good grief.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:

Quote:

now show me the link where he didn't have a choice because I couldn't find it on google.

You're completely misinterpreting that quote. Luke is not at all saying that he let Clarkson choose whether he came off the bench or not, just that he was ok with either scenario. Good grief.

I know i'm misinterpreting it because luke said it out of his own mouth. also why would he a talk about starting OR coming off the bench? why would he later ask jordan, which he was more comfortable doing if he didn't have a choice? if clarkson said, "i'm more comfortable starting," you think he wouldn't have been starting? why didn't he have the same conversation with DLO? Luke just said, "you're coming off the bench" to Russ, but give me the link where luke said clarkson didn't have a choice.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

No he didn't. Where did you read this?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

I'm excited to see how Clarkson matches up with Kyrie today.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Seriously?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Seriously?

Maybe he has Irving on his fantasy team?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Seriously?

yes.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Seriously?

There is also a remote possibility that Dave20 was not the only fan able to enjoy JC or root for any player wearing our jersey.

JC is not the smartest player in the world, has not played the position for a while, but he plays hard most games and it seems like every coach, front office member and teammate have kind words about him and respect his work ethic.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:

Quote:

now show me the link where JC didn't have a choice because I couldn't find it on google.

the classic ownage.

also, I am googling as we speak and can't find any links showing Clarkson didn't have a choice.... maybe I'll just Bing it...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Seriously?

There is also a remote possibility that Dave20 was not the only fan able to enjoy JC or root for any player wearing our jersey.

JC is not the smartest player in the world, has not played the position for a while, but he plays hard most games and it seems like every coach, front office member and teammate have kind words about him and respect his work ethic.

Actually both his work ethic and maturity have been things that have apparently worried the team this year.

And then you go look at the workouts numbers and see how low Clarkson is on that list and it makes sense as he's in the bottom 3 of workout sessions of players that have been here all season, with only Young and Deng doing less.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

and also no, Clarkson didn't have a choice.

Walton talked to him about both possibilities and Clarkson was fine with either.

Walton also gave Clarkson the opportunity as a starter at the 2, and it didn't work.

Actually Clarkson in the starting lineup at the 2 is one of our worst lineups.

Justin Russo‏ @FlyByKnite Mar 15
Of the 27 Laker duos to play at least 400 minutes this season, the Russell-Clarkson pair ranks 27th in ORtg and 27th in DRtg.

Justin Russo‏ @FlyByKnite Mar 15
Of the 36 Laker duos to play at least 300 minutes this season, the Russell-Clarkson pair ranks 34th in ORtg and 36th in DRtg.

Justin Russo @FlybyKnite Mar 15
Last year they posted a 96.8 ORtg and 111.8 DRtg (-15.0 NetRtg). This year it's a 97.1 ORtg and 119.3 DRtg (-22.2 NetRtg).

There's a reason why Luke Walton lamented that the reason Clarkson is a 6th man going forward is because the ball doesn't move much when he's in the starting lineup, so he's on the bench so he can control the ball more in that lineup in particular, and is hesitant to start him with Russell again, though he may have to at this point.

So let's not act like Luke went to Clarkson and went "So you wanna start, or come off the bench, I'll do either."

Luke told Clarkson the possibilities of both, Clarkson checked his ego about them, and Clarkson was relegated to 6th man.

Clarkson didn't go to Luke and say "Hey, put me on the bench." He said essentially "I'm fine with either." And Luke put him where he felt he belonged.

Some of ya'll are Clarkson stans at this point and near worse than Lin ones the way you try to overanalyze something to give extra credit where he doesn't need any.

The reason Clarkson didn't start wasn't cause he 'chose' not to, it's because Luke knows the numbers too and that the offense was terrible when Clarkson was out there, cause the ball never moved once it got to him.

But some of ya'll Clarkson fans be like

"Clarkson chose to be a bench player."

The rest: What about the fact that of the 27 Laker duos to play at least 400 minutes this season, the Russell-Clarkson pair ranks 27th in ORtg and 27th in DRtg. Or that of the 36 Laker duos to play at least 300 minutes this season, the Russell-Clarkson pair ranks 34th in ORtg and 36th in DRtg? Or the fact that even last year under a different style entirely, they posted a 96.8 ORtg and 111.8 DRtg (-15.0 NetRtg). But even this year they post a 97.1 ORtg and 119.3 DRtg (-22.2 NetRtg). Doesn't that factor in?

"Nah. You gotta look at the placement of the or to tell you everything you need to know, it's the same philosophy that stans use when LeBron gets dunked on to prove he didn't really. You see, Luke, despite being the coach and having the final say in everything and despite saying Clarkson is on the bench cause he doesn't move the ball enough when he started with Russell, and those so called "facts" pointing in that direction... he very clearly gave Clarkson a choice.

And Clarkson CHOSE to be a bench player, because he's such a great team player and a truly unselfish dude, and it was D'lo's fault those lineups did so bad anyway."

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:

Quote:

the classic ownage.

also, I am googling as we speak and can't find any links showing Clarkson didn't have a choice.... maybe I'll just Bing it...

Classic ownage? Did you actually read what's written there? None of that supports the initial assertion that he was given a choice.

And who in the world writes an article about whether or not a player is given a choice to come off of the bench?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:

Quote:

the classic ownage.

Classic ownage? Did you actually read what's written there? None of that supports the initial assertion that he was given a choice.

And who in the world writes an article about whether or not a player is given a choice to come off of the bench?

GT, I thought you was one of the very few objective voices on this forum (I know I am not objective), but you have shown some true colors with this DLo issue....
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

My "true colors" as it pertains to Russell are that I think the team is significantly better with him starting, which is backed by objective data, and Jordan Clarkson is not at all a PG in anything bearing resemblance to the system that Luke has said that we want to be running.

Furthermore, I'm gonna address BS like that "classic ownage" nonsense when I see it.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

I think it's always been clear that Clarkson has a role player career ahead of him with his current skillset. A point guard that can't shoot, defend or run an offense has no place starting for a Playoff team. Clarkson is a good gunner off the bench but the only teams he'd be starting for are lottery teams.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

This thread man. I just want him to prosper no matter what role he's in.

Last edited by tnell on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
I think it's always been clear that Clarkson has a role player career ahead of him with his current skillset. A point guard that can't shoot, defend or run an offense has no place starting for a Playoff team. Clarkson is a good gunner off the bench but the only teams he'd be starting for are lottery teams.

I would generally agree with this.

I think Clarkson could have a role in the NBA like a Jamaal Crawford, Jason Terry, etc. That is a guy you bring off the bench to score and you don't expect him to do much else.

Certainly at times Clarkson's athletic ability is pretty special, he is almost Westbrook-like at times, I am not sure that is something we should be so quick to give up but we need to find the right role for him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:

I do not agree anything has been clear, but an opinion that you and many others hold. I also disagree calling him a poor shooter and feel it is inaccurate, he has struggled from 3 this year shooting 32%, but he was shooting 35% last year, and he has shown a solid mid-range shot. None of this makes his a great shooter.....but it does not represent someone that cant shoot.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I think Clarkson could have a role in the NBA like a Jamaal Crawford, Jason Terry, etc. That is a guy you bring off the bench to score and you don't expect him to do much else.

Certainly at times Clarkson's athletic ability is pretty special, he is almost Westbrook-like at times, I am not sure that is something we should be so quick to give up but we need to find the right role for him.

He has the right role. Bench 6th man.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I do not agree anything has been clear, but an opinion that you and many others hold. I also disagree calling him a poor shooter and feel it is inaccurate, he has struggled from 3 this year shooting 32%, but he was shooting 35% last year, and he has shown a solid mid-range shot. None of this makes his a great shooter.....but it does not represent someone that cant shoot.

Clarkson is definitely not a good 3 point shooter. His career percentage is .331% and this season so far hes at .319. For someone who takes more than 4 3's a game that is horrendous. There are 50+ NBA players that are shooting over .385% this season. 35% is below average imo and .347 was his best so far.

His mid-range game imo is actually pretty good but he doesn't use it nearly enough.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

the classic ownage.

Let's dial back the ownage and pwned comments. I think that's at least twice in the past 24 hours. They're gasoline on a fire and escalate things when they're a little heated. Thank you.

Carry on.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Got a link?

Quote:

Quote:

the classic ownage.

I'm still waiting for that information myself. I've even asked Jeeves, but no luck. It must be a top secret document, that's protected by the government.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

He has the right role. Bench 6th man.

He's a starter though. So I do agree, he has his rightful role, but you accidentally got DLO and JC mixed up, as 6th man pertains to DLO right now, not JC.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 591, 592, 593 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 592 of 685
Jump to: