Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 614, 615, 616 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
There's a few people that are saying that but that's not how I heard it at all

He said Ingram was something special, and Randle was working really hard, and Nance was working hard, and Clarkson.

Basically applying what he said about Nance to Clarkson

edit:

Here's the video

Okay it's different from what I remembered but I still think is that he's saying that clarkson is working hard based on the previous sentence

Magic Johnson: "Brandon Ingram gonna be special. He's gonna be special and we're excited. We feel that he has all star potential. We feel he's gonna probably lead our team in scoring and for years to come be one of the faces of the Los Angeles Lakers, in Brandon Ingram.

But Julius Randle is looking good this summer we're very happy.

Larry Nance is looking very great.

Jordan Clarkson is here, you know, one of our young guards."

yeah I caught that X_X just seemed off from the rest of it. Like he may not be that high on him. Just a guess though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
There's a few people that are saying that but that's not how I heard it at all

He said Ingram was something special, and Randle was working really hard, and Nance was working hard, and Clarkson.

Basically applying what he said about Nance to Clarkson

edit:

Here's the video

Okay it's different from what I remembered but I still think is that he's saying that clarkson is working hard based on the previous sentence

Sure. But we've made it clear via our FA offers (17m offers to G.Hill and Waiters, and likely KCP), that Magic wants a different look at starting guard next to Lonzo. If JC was the man we probably would have just split that 17m into a few pieces and signed some role playing guards.

The price of the 2 max is steep and already we lost one young guard as part of it. Deng/JC are probably next, and I hope we will find a way to keep Jules if possible.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma! he still here
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

My point is, his role is a reserve guard on this team. At least that's the FO's plan until we have to make moves for cap space.

In that sense, he probably plays a similar role to last year sans Lou Will and is our team's scorer off the bench.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

As the roster stands today he is no reserve. He will be the starting 2 guard
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
As the roster stands today he is no reserve. He will be the starting 2 guard

And that my friend is not a great thing. Hoping we can get KCP, and JC can back up both guard spots. With guys like Nwaba/Hart likely 2nd unit guards, could use JC to run the 2nd unit.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

I'm a bit iffy on KCP. I worry it would be a wayne ellington situation where he would only play for himself. If we want Clarkson off the bench then maybe Hart should start. Or Nwaba. While he obviously can't shoot, he does cut to the basket a LOT, and it would help defensively.

But really, it doesn't matter to me who starts as long as we win a bunch of games
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I'm a bit iffy on KCP. I worry it would be a wayne ellington situation where he would only play for himself. If we want Clarkson off the bench then maybe Hart should start.

But really, it doesn't matter to me who starts as long as we win a bunch of games

I think JC will be important for the bench b/c as constructed, it's Hart or Nwaba running the unit, which is less than ideal.

KCP would be such a godsend to the team IMO, but we can discuss that in the FA thread.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Was it telling when Magic was like

"I think Randle's gonna have a break out season he looks good." "Nance is gonna have a great year he looks good." "Jordan Clarkson.. is here."

I dunno that just kind of stood out to me.

Here meaning at the game. He was sitting diagonally to magic at that game.

They even put the camera on Jordan after magic said that
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

My point is, his role is a reserve guard on this team. At least that's the FO's plan until we have to make moves for cap space.

In that sense, he probably plays a similar role to last year sans Lou Will and is our team's scorer off the bench.

You had million reasons to back DLO up but none of those apply to JC? KFT, parking brakes, Lou, position charge
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

You had million reasons to back DLO up but none of those apply to JC? KFT, parking brakes, Lou, position charge

LOL. Trying to stir it up. Not falling for your bait.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

I am not stirring up anything. Just an observation which others will agree too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

1. KFT, IIRC, he got more MPG/starts than DLO. Wasn't benched. He had a consistent role as the starting SG alongside DLO. If anything, Jules/DLO had inconsistency with Byron benching them; JC always started and got his minutes.

2. Byron: he was consistent with JC after his rookie year, giving him the starting SG spot. Never yanked around the starting lineup like Jules/DLO.

3. Lou: not sure how that's an impediment per se b/c JC scored pretty alongside him. Lou was moved, and JC was still not in the starting lineup. Blame the coach?

4. re: position change: it's pretty obvious he's a combo guard. Not an ideal PG, but a bit small for the SG spot. I think his ideal role is a combo guard off the bench backing up both spots.

5. Lakers drafted DLO and Lonzo to play PG after JC. Clearly, if they thought JC was the future at PG they wouldn't feel compelled to draft his replacement at that position 2 years in a row. I still think he's a good find at #46 and he parlayed that into a life changing contract. Doesn't mean I don't applaud his success; I just don't see a viable future on the team given 2 max 2018.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

1. KFT, IIRC, he got more MPG/starts than DLO. Wasn't benched. He had a consistent role as the starting SG alongside DLO. If anything, Jules/DLO had inconsistency with Byron benching them; JC always started and got his minutes.

2. Byron: he was consistent with JC after his rookie year, giving him the starting SG spot. Never yanked around the starting lineup like Jules/DLO.

3. Lou: not sure how that's an impediment per se b/c JC scored pretty alongside him. Lou was moved, and JC was still not in the starting lineup. Blame the coach?

4. re: position change: it's pretty obvious he's a combo guard. Not an ideal PG, but a bit small for the SG spot. I think his ideal role is a combo guard off the bench backing up both spots.

The urge to kick him out of this team is pretty strong from you. This is even before magic's 2 max plan.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Don't sleep on JC this season. One thing he proved in the NBA already is that he goes to the Hole strong. He is pretty complete as a player and can get a variety of shot off. If he runs and the recipient a lot of Lonzo pass where he only have to beat one guy to the hole, he will have a big year. He move w/o the ball very well n if his 3pt percent improves watch out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

The urge to kick him out of this team is pretty strong from you. This is even before magic's 2 max plan.

That's not true.

First, I started this thread. The irony.

Second, I think his most ideal position is a bench combo guard reserve. I think he can actually be decent at that role.

Third, his contract makes him an ideal trade target. And given Magic's 2 max plan, the writing is on the wall. Why continue fighting when it's clear that it will have to happen?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

That's not true.

Second, I think his most ideal position is a bench combo guard reserve. I think he can actually be decent at that role.

Third, his contract makes him an ideal trade target. And given Magic's 2 max plan, the writing is on the wall. Why continue fighting when it's clear that it will have to happen?

Anyways we have done this before so let's just move on. Good for both of us.

Happy Monday
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma! he still here

That's not true.

Like ur idea of being pro active since we know that the 2 max is our game plan, but I see Clarkson/Deng/Randle's value will be higher close to the trade deadline. Unlike Moz, I see Deng's contract easier to move. He fit the current game style well playing a stretch 4 with good def. FO just need to get or plan in place after the Trade deadline this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Like ur idea of being pro active since we know that the 2 max is our game plan, but I see Clarkson/Deng/Randle's value will be higher close to the trade deadline. Unlike Moz, I see Deng's contract easier to move. He fit the current game style well playing a stretch 4 with good def. FO just need to get or plan in place after the Trade deadline this year.

In an ideal world, if JC made just enough to fit under the 2 max plan, he's a decent combo guard to bring off the bench. His 12m/average yearly deal will make him a cap casualty. I'd rather just get the pain done with now (as was the Moz/DLO deal) so we know 100% that we have the 2 max plan done and ready to go. Otherwise, like we saw with some salary dump transactions in the mid-teens price range, it may take a 1st rounder.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Y'all trying to find anything to say Clarkson is gone lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Of course he's currently on the team. But Magic has been pretty clear about the goals next season, which will require a few guys on our team to be moved for $0 salary coming back. I think he will garner interest from teams due to his semi reasonable salary/age.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

In an ideal world, if JC made just enough to fit under the 2 max plan, he's a decent combo guard to bring off the bench. His 12m/average yearly deal will make him a cap casualty. I'd rather just get the pain done with now (as was the Moz/DLO deal) so we know 100% that we have the 2 max plan done and ready to go. Otherwise, like we saw with some salary dump transactions in the mid-teens price range, it may take a 1st rounder.

Just like Nash made all the players around him more valuable and desirable for other teams in the NBA. I believe JC value will be higher during the season. Unlike DLo I see JC flourishing in this style, that's my opinion base on my observation of DLo game, he could have adjusted his style of play with Ball here, but I don't see him passing the Ball back to Lonzo just to fill the wings. I may be wrong but that is just my opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Just like Nash made all the players around him more valuable and desirable for other teams in the NBA. I believe JC value will be higher during the season. Unlike DLo I see JC flourishing in this style, that's my opinion base on my observation of DLo game, he could have adjusted his style of play with Ball here, but I don't see him passing the Ball back to Lonzo just to fill the wings. I may be wrong but that is just my opinion.

The issue with JC is that the ball never came back. He was usually taking the shot when it came to him. Hopefully Lonzo's passing will be contagious with him.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Of course he's currently on the team. But Magic has been pretty clear about the goals next season, which will require a few guys on our team to be moved for $0 salary coming back. I think he will garner interest from teams due to his semi reasonable salary/age.

Maybe he moves him, maybe he don't. We don't know for sure yet.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

The issue with JC is that the ball never came back. He was usually taking the shot when it came to him. Hopefully Lonzo's passing will be contagious with him.

If clarkson started for us last year, people would be feeling differently about him IMO. He showed steady progress since we drafted him. His average after we put all the vet down went to where he should have been as far as progress. When we made him the point and made Dlo more of the sg role his assist jumped to 4.2 per game and with a 2:1 assist to TO ratio. The person that made this video pointed out a lot of the positive view about Clarkson's game. I believe he is in the brink of bursting out and with Lonzo at the point and he should have a very good year. He has all the skills to have a CJ McCollum numbers this season.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 614, 615, 616 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 615 of 685
Jump to: