Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 651, 652, 653  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

2015-16 (32mpg): 15.5/2.4apg
2016-17 (29mpg): 14.7/2.6apg

2017-18 (21mpg): 15.5/2.7apg.

I think keeping him in shorter spurts is helping him.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 14927
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2015-16 (32mpg): 15.5/2.4apg
2016-17 (29mpg): 14.7/2.6apg

2017-18 (21mpg): 15.5/2.7apg.

I think keeping him in shorter spurts is helping him.


the numbers do not really support the theory....looking across multiple years for a young developing player does not really mean much.

In 2017-2018:

Games with at least 23 minutes (5) - 21 PPG
Games with less than 23 minutes (9) - 13 PPG

One can argue the chicken and egg theory as to he got more minutes because he was playing well....but as it relates to scoring, the more minutes he receives, the more effective he is in putting points on the board.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2015-16 (32mpg): 15.5/2.4apg
2016-17 (29mpg): 14.7/2.6apg

2017-18 (21mpg): 15.5/2.7apg.

I think keeping him in shorter spurts is helping him.


the numbers do not really support the theory....looking across multiple years for a young developing player does not really mean much.

In 2017-2018:

Games with at least 23 minutes (5) - 21 PPG
Games with less than 23 minutes (9) - 13 PPG

One can argue the chicken and egg theory as to he got more minutes because he was playing well....but as it relates to scoring, the more minutes he receives, the more effective he is in putting points on the board.


I think you can make any number of conclusions based on that. But you can't discount his recent history either, especially as an older "young" player. I'm doubtful if you give him 32 mpg that he would be as efficacious.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Never understood all the hate for this guy, I think he's a pretty good player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Posts: 133

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2015-16 (32mpg): 15.5/2.4apg
2016-17 (29mpg): 14.7/2.6apg

2017-18 (21mpg): 15.5/2.7apg.

I think keeping him in shorter spurts is helping him.


the numbers do not really support the theory....looking across multiple years for a young developing player does not really mean much.

In 2017-2018:

Games with at least 23 minutes (5) - 21 PPG
Games with less than 23 minutes (9) - 13 PPG

One can argue the chicken and egg theory as to he got more minutes because he was playing well....but as it relates to scoring, the more minutes he receives, the more effective he is in putting points on the board.


I think you can make any number of conclusions based on that. But you can't discount his recent history either, especially as an older "young" player. I'm doubtful if you give him 32 mpg that he would be as efficacious.


We canít discount that he might have improved this year in comparison to the last two years. That is a surprise as some thought that he hit his peak last year. Plus, he was playing behind some other chuckers on our team last 2 years.

Iím not saying he should start. kCP should start as he is the better defender but JC should get all the backup PG and SG minutes. Hart, Blue and Ennis should get very little minutes. They are not consistent enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25434

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson's per ratings are off the charts... lovers of per ratings are surely drooling over this. lol
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25434

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2015-16 (32mpg): 15.5/2.4apg
2016-17 (29mpg): 14.7/2.6apg

2017-18 (21mpg): 15.5/2.7apg.

I think keeping him in shorter spurts is helping him.


the numbers do not really support the theory....looking across multiple years for a young developing player does not really mean much.

In 2017-2018:

Games with at least 23 minutes (5) - 21 PPG
Games with less than 23 minutes (9) - 13 PPG

One can argue the chicken and egg theory as to he got more minutes because he was playing well....but as it relates to scoring, the more minutes he receives, the more effective he is in putting points on the board.


I think you can make any number of conclusions based on that. But you can't discount his recent history either, especially as an older "young" player. I'm doubtful if you give him 32 mpg that he would be as efficacious.


We canít discount that he might have improved this year in comparison to the last two years. That is a surprise as some thought that he hit his peak last year. Plus, he was playing behind some other chuckers on our team last 2 years.

Iím not saying he should start. kCP should start as he is the better defender but JC should get all the backup PG and SG minutes. Hart, Blue and Ennis should get very little minutes. They are not consistent enough.


the dynamics of last year's offense compared to this year is night and day... Ball is a guy who makes his teammates more involved, while Russell loves to take his own share of the pie most of the time.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Tonight shows why jc isnít going to be traded this year. Lonzo isnít ready. Liked jcís competitiveness.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 14927
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tonight shows why jc isnít going to be traded this year. Lonzo isnít ready. Liked jcís competitiveness.


liked how he just kept grinding even when shot was not going in...did not get all frustrated and start making bad plays....just kept playing through it. Did't not get a lot of easy buckets tonight.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2005
Posts: 2792

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers should hold onto mini monta ellis. Even if Lonzo gets his game together Clarkson is a great change of pace guy for him.
_________________
How can I get a copy of a Laker game played on Sunday, March 11, 2001 Sonics/Lakers? If you know PM me please

I would be willing to pay you for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 12406
Location: 714/562

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Never understood all the hate for this guy, I think he's a pretty good player.

_________________
DISGUSTING: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUtf6-avo2c
Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 10026

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Another nice performance by Clarkson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 616
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Great game by JC again. So happy for him. He need to be around 35 min per game replacing Lonzo after 4 min in the game.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 5464

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

It would be nice to see him play a few more mins with Brook, to benefit from the improved spacing he would provide. It's insane that he's played so well when he's mostly sharing the floor with non-shooters during his minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 10686

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

He's an NBA player that's for sure. His IQ prevents him from being an All-Star.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Posts: 276

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Arguably one of the more under-appreciated laker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 2836
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

Last night Clarkson earned all the IG models that were left over from Embiid & Simmons. Ingram & Kuz have never seen the outside of a gym so they are excused from this convo, but Clarkson knows what's up in LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

What I appreciate about him, even if his BBALL IQ may be suspect, is he competes. Just goes until he's out of the game. DLO/Lonzo lack that kind of fight in them.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 18805

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Never understood all the hate for this guy, I think he's a pretty good player.


He is the new lamar odom. He is what he is but people don't like him because they want more. I like Jc too. Frustrating at times but he leaves it all out on the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Apr 2012
Posts: 330
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

he competes, he's not a PG, but he's a nice bench player that can give you scoring.

not a bad contract at all, but i'd be the first to ship his ass out if it sheds deng's deal.
_________________
16 time World Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Don Draper
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 24950
Location: RIP DLO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What I appreciate about him, even if his BBALL IQ may be suspect, is he competes. Just goes until he's out of the game. DLO/Lonzo lack that kind of fight in them.


IMO his IQ wouldn't be as much of an issue if he were better at hitting open 3s. That more than anything prevents him from being more than a really good change of pace scorer.
_________________
Lonzo Ball Projected 2017-18 Stats: 16pts/8asts/5rebs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 216

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

if i had a choice to keep JC or Randle @12.5m, i would keep JC. no question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
if i had a choice to keep JC or Randle @12.5m, i would keep JC. no question


As long as he doesn't wear a "Pay me" shirt. I was genuinely surprised (if true) that Jules took such a combative approach. That won't end well for him.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 16125
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What I appreciate about him, even if his BBALL IQ may be suspect, is he competes. Just goes until he's out of the game. DLO/Lonzo lack that kind of fight in them.


This is quite a ringing endorsement coming from you yinoma. Once upon a time the only posts I saw from you regarding Clarkson were "trade him for X player" posts.
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83079

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What I appreciate about him, even if his BBALL IQ may be suspect, is he competes. Just goes until he's out of the game. DLO/Lonzo lack that kind of fight in them.


This is quite a ringing endorsement coming from you yinoma. Once upon a time the only posts I saw from you regarding Clarkson were "trade him for X player" posts.


Of course. I try my best to be as objective as possible, and when a player adapts and improves, I'll try to be the first to say so. He's really grown on me this year.
_________________
#PG2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 651, 652, 653  Next
Page 652 of 653
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB