Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I saw this name earlier but B.Roy is the player Clarkson most resembles. I'm literally at shock looking at B.Roy and Clarkson's numbers as a starter both as a rookie. They are basically the same and unlike most rookies we compare Clarkson to, Roy was 22 also

Based on what I remember of Roy that isn't a half-bad comparison. Roy had a higher release but they kind of shoot similarly too.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I saw this name earlier but B.Roy is the player Clarkson most resembles. I'm literally at shock looking at B.Roy and Clarkson's numbers as a starter both as a rookie. They are basically the same and unlike most rookies we compare Clarkson to, Roy was 22 also
B Roy wasn't as fast. Russell compares to him. Clarkson is more Parker/Ellis the way he plays.
mantlehog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
22 wrote:
ShadyG wrote:
I don't see the concern about his knees. Dude's 185. I doubt risk of knee damage for an athlete goes up that much as he approaches 200lbs, considering all the large majority of pros who weigh much more than that on basically the same knee size & design. It's not like we're having a Bynum or Shaq-scale conversation here.

Now speed and agility? That's another issue.

Remember that season Kobe bulked up? I think like '02-'03? That's what I don't want.

He can put on a little more muscle to his frame. I just don't want him adding a ton

It was 04-05, the first year post-shaq/phil. He ended up getting injured that year.

Still though, JC is much much lighter than Kobe during those years.

No, it was 02/03 that he first bulked up. He lost all the weight the following off season with the knee surgery and Colorado. He bulked back up in 04/05, but Phil wanted him to be more lean when he returned in 05/06 and he has been roughly the same weight since.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
B Roy wasn't as fast. Russell compares to him. Clarkson is more Parker/Ellis the way he plays.

Agree to a large extent. Clarkson is faster with the ball than most guys without it (a la Parker) so he gets separation by strategically using that advantage. His growth in terms of when and how to use that advantage as well as the decision making once he gets separation was the revelation this season. This year he showed the ability to do that play by play. The next level is to learn to manage that for an entire game, then ultimately, for the season in so far as keeping his teammates involved and managing the team. Nobody, I mean NOBODY better to teach him those things than Nash.

Roy wasn't nearly as fast, but was way more physical and could play shoulder-to-shoulder against defenders. Chris Paul is the perfect example of when a player can use both speed and strength to gain separation.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to say he plays like this guy or that guy bcuz a near 6'5 PG with his athleticm is rare. Of course of course right. Game wise, I see a the most Tony parker I think. People say he doesn't have the quickness but the blow by's like at 1:45+ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cu_HOKSj1k8# I see elite quickness. Once his handle tightens up we'll see those type of 1v1 blow by's more; he got Marcus Smart with two of those lol. His mid range game for a PG reminds me of Parker although his jumper resembles Monta's jumper form wise. His floaters remind me of both of those guys.
I do see BRoy reincarnated in the way he pushes off and then shoots the mid range J. BRoy had them pushoffs. Clarkson pushes off so much lmao.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Roy was on his way to becoming a superstar... he was already a great player. Injuries derailed him unfortunately.

If Clarkson becomes like Roy, i'd be extremely happy.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Still amazed at how Clarkson's (as a starter) and Roy's rookie numbers are identical and both were 22
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject:

OK so um, am I looking at a "lucky not to be stolen" pass or a laser like pass that had so much zip and accuracy on it that there was no real chance for it to be stolen? Either way, DAMN.

rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Rodney Hood won April ROM over Clarkson, Wiggins, and Lavine
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

Almost forgotten about Hood. Iirc Mike was pretty keen on him. He ended up in Utah or some such right?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
rybee wrote:

Almost forgotten about Hood. Iirc Mike was pretty keen on him. He ended up in Utah or some such right?

I wanted to trade our 1st and 2nd round pick to land two mid first rounders last draft. I wanted Lavine and Hood.

Love Hood. Shoots well from 3, see's over the defense with his 6'8-6-9' size, and makes smart plays via the pass or shot.

Didn't watch him much this year. I had my eye on him to start the season. He was buried on the bench. Maybe that Kanter trade opened up time for him in the rotation.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dmills wrote:
rybee wrote:

I wanted to trade our 1st and 2nd round pick to land two mid first rounders last draft. I wanted Lavine and Hood.

Love Hood. Shoots well from 3, see's over the defense with his 6'8-6-9' size, and makes smart plays via the pass or shot.

Didn't watch him much this year. I had my eye on him to start the season. He was buried on the bench. Maybe that Kanter trade opened up time for him in the rotation.

He was underrated skill wise last year. He really was pretty good off the dribble, and a good shooter. Decent vision/passer. At 6-8 !Obviously better player than James Young and Gary Harris, I was shocked they were taken before him. MikeLG was first in his corner last year.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

people have compared jordan clarkson to tony parker, russell westbrook, monta ellis, and now brandon roy; that should tell you that he is jordan clarkson and people are reaching for a comparison, rather than seeing him as his own player.

can we stop these comparison's?

I mean, in the words of jordan clarkson "that's a great compliment, but I kinda wanna be my own player."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
OK so um, am I looking at a "lucky not to be stolen" pass or a laser like pass that had so much zip and accuracy on it that there was no real chance for it to be stolen? Either way, DAMN.

Heh. Lucky not to be stolen. He had some great passes that game, right on the mark, perfectly placed to teammates, but that was lucky it wasn't a dunk the other way.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

Really??? Really!?!?

So Hood's 16/3/3 on 45% shooting and 35% from three was better than Clarkson's 19/7/4 on 47% shooting and 34% from three?

Yeah no.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Eh, whatever. Clarkson will get all first rookie team so who cares about the April award yo.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I kinda think they're gonna give it to Smart
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
dmills wrote:

Heh. Lucky not to be stolen. He had some great passes that game, right on the mark, perfectly placed to teammates, but that was lucky it wasn't a dunk the other way.

I don't know DB. Looking at it repeatedly, the player tried to get after it but his anticipation was off by a split second lol. I don't think he had a real chance at it.

Here it is in slow motion. It was almost like a curve ball lol.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I think LaVine half committed, then lunged. Had he not hesitated, that should have been his. Still cracks me up that it even got over there and past him. I almost wanted to subtract that assist from Clarkson's total, lol. I do think he adjusted that kickout some because of the D, though, all his others were spot on.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
people have compared jordan clarkson to tony parker, russell westbrook, monta ellis, and now brandon roy; that should tell you that he is jordan clarkson and people are reaching for a comparison, rather than seeing him as his own player.

I mean, in the words of jordan clarkson "that's a great compliment, but I kinda wanna be my own player."

I hate this self-righteous speech.. you act as if comparing him to great players is some sort of insult to him. People compare him because they want to see how he will pan out.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure Jordan and Kobe were compared to some players early in their careers too, before they became their own players.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Monta Ellis with a better court vision, passing ability and a jumper. Finishes around the rim like Tony Parker though. Wouldn't be shocked he flirts with a few 50/40/90 seasons.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
Monta Ellis with a better court vision, passing ability and a jumper. Finishes around the rim like Tony Parker though. Wouldn't be shocked he flirts with a few 50/40/90 seasons.

That's Steph Curry/Steve Nash good. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure he's a pure enough shooter to flirt with those numbers.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I hate this self-righteous speech.. you act as if comparing him to great players is some sort of insult to him. People compare him because they want to see how he will pan out.

1st of all, it's not a speech. 2ndly it's not being self righteous. 3rd, I'm not "acting" like anything. You're letting your assumptions get the best of you. Did you not read the quote from Jordan Clarkson I posted? If so, I don't get how you feel I would think the comparisons are an insult. Next time ask me any question you want and I may or may not answer it, but don't assume.

Do you have any other ignorant (by definition) statements you would like to make or would you like to have a more productive conversation?

Last edited by Outspoken on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Pretty sure Jordan and Kobe were compared to some players early in their careers too, before they became their own players.

What's your point? Are you just randomly throwing irrelevant statements out there?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 127 of 685
Jump to: