Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:
Ford: I hope the Lakers aren't sold on either guy. Randle hasn't played, and Clarkson, despite his strong play this season, was getting huge minutes on an awful team. I remember a few years ago when the Blazers passed on drafting Chris Paul because they had a young, talented Sebastian Telfair. Unless you're convinced Clarkson is a future All-Star, you don't hesitate to draft Mudiay or Russell if he's your guy. Obviously, the Lakers have a bigger need in the middle, and either Towns or Okafor are perfect fits. But Mudiay and Russell are interesting as well. In short, you're right: The Lakers need talent and any of the players in our top five would immediately, in my mind, be the most talented player on their roster going forward.

i wonder if Chad has watched Clarkson play at all this year?

Sebastian Telfair

ok cool its not just me.

Chad ford is terrible. He's really ESPN in a microcosm (no offense to Larry and the other few who are quality at ESPN)

Last edited by 22 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:
Ford: I hope the Lakers aren't sold on either guy. Randle hasn't played, and Clarkson, despite his strong play this season, was getting huge minutes on an awful team. I remember a few years ago when the Blazers passed on drafting Chris Paul because they had a young, talented Sebastian Telfair. Unless you're convinced Clarkson is a future All-Star, you don't hesitate to draft Mudiay or Russell if he's your guy. Obviously, the Lakers have a bigger need in the middle, and either Towns or Okafor are perfect fits. But Mudiay and Russell are interesting as well. In short, you're right: The Lakers need talent and any of the players in our top five would immediately, in my mind, be the most talented player on their roster going forward.

Sebastian Telfair

Chad ford is terrible. He's really ESPN in a microcosm (no offense to Larry and the other few who are quality at ESPN)
ok cool its not just me.

He made it too easy to call B/S on his article when he says Randle is unproven in one sentence, and then anoints our top 5 pick (who has less minutes played in the NBA than even Randle) our most talented player going forward in the next.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
22 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:

Sebastian Telfair

ok cool its not just me.

He made it too easy to call B/S on his article when he says Randle is unproven in one sentence, and then anoints our top 5 pick (who has less minutes played in the NBA than even Randle) our most talented player going forward in the next.

Exactly. Which is funny because I see the exact same thing on LG often hahah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Isnt he the guy that changes his draft board after the draft?
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Isnt he the guy that changes his draft board after the draft?

Yep.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
22 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:

Sebastian Telfair

ok cool its not just me.

Exactly. Which is funny because I see the exact same thing on LG often hahah

Agreed
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DurmjQV9Usk

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
22 wrote:

No prob broski
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
22 wrote:

No prob broski

So. Much. Steve Nash. Influence.

I didn't watch or even know Jordan Clarkson prior to him being drafted by the Lakers.. however I watched him in Summer League last year and how he played then compared to how he played before the end of the season is like night and day imo.

The running hook, the probing, some of those drop off passes. I don't think he was doing that prior to coming to the Lakers. I could be wrong though.

You can see the influence of Steve Nash in Clarkson's game. Imagine if he works out with Kobe Bryant this off-season. He would have essentially learned from two of the best players at their positions. He's already said he's going to be watching Chris Paul closely in the playoffs.

Obviously, he's going to have to put the work in.. and he won't be this superstar in only his second season.. but if you can begin to see the influence of their games as well in Clarkson? Geesh. These next couple of years along with Julius Randle are going to be fun.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
22 wrote:

9 minutes?

Here's 33
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
22 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
22 wrote:

No prob broski

So. Much. Steve Nash. Influence.

I didn't watch or even know Jordan Clarkson prior to him being drafted by the Lakers.. however I watched him in Summer League last year and how he played then compared to how he played before the end of the season is like night and day imo.

The running hook, the probing, some of those drop off passes. I don't think he was doing that prior to coming to the Lakers. I could be wrong though.

You can see the influence of Steve Nash in Clarkson's game. Imagine if he works out with Kobe Bryant this off-season. He would have essentially learned from two of the best players at their positions. He's already said he's going to be watching Chris Paul closely in the playoffs.

Obviously, he's going to have to put the work in.. and he won't be this superstar in only his second season.. but if you can begin to see the influence of their games as well in Clarkson? Geesh. These next couple of years along with Julius Randle are going to be fun.

Here here! Can't argue with this post
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:

i wonder if Chad has watched Clarkson play at all this year? That Comparison to Telfair seems crazy to me

I am sure he will just revise things after the draft as usual.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:

i wonder if Chad has watched Clarkson play at all this year? That Comparison to Telfair seems crazy to me

Remember, we are EONS and LIFETIMES behind the Celtics in the rebuilding process. So of course ESPN will under value our prospects. And whoever we draft will be the "wrong fits".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Quote:

Isn't Ford's point that Blazers thought they had a "sure" thing in Telfair; that the Lakers shouldn't pass on Russell/Mudiay b/c they think Clarkson is a "sure" thing.

Of course Clarkson has played much better than Telfair did his first year, but it's not an illogical point.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Ford's fault is believing that the Lakers will pass on another guard because they have Clarkson.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ford's fault is believing that the Lakers will pass on another guard because they have Clarkson.

And also undermining the foundational pieces that we already have.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

And also undermining the foundational pieces that we already have.

... and being stupid.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Why are people continuing to even read anything he says after it's become known that he changes his boards after the draft
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

because there's no Lakers news until the draft lottery so people are attaching to anything they can at this point lol
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
SerenaWinters: Jordan Clarkson (@JClark5on) finished 7th in this year's NBA Rookie of the Year votes, receiving two 3rd place votes.

Wonder if this means the media won't vote enough for him to make 1st team all rookie...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Quote:
SerenaWinters: Jordan Clarkson (@JClark5on) finished 7th in this year's NBA Rookie of the Year votes, receiving two 3rd place votes.

Wonder if this means the media won't vote enough for him to make 1st team all rookie...

7th? What a freaking joke.

He better be all first rookie team or that award is nothing but a sham.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:

7th? What a freaking joke.

He better be all first rookie team or that award is nothing but a sham.

Yup. If he's not I'll put it on the same level as coach of the year aka the most improved team award lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

I bet most of the voting media didn't see him play since the Lakers were written off so long ago. And Clarkson's ascendency happened later in the season so they may also discount the 2 months of work over guys who put in work the whole season. Again, none of these are Clarkson's fault.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Clarkson got 2 votes in total as a third choice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CD3ROLTUkAA5wdy.png
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 129 of 685
Jump to: