Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Harrison Barnes and Jordan Clarkson headline Kevin Pelton's list of 2016 free agents in line for big raises.

Looking at 10 possible 2016 free agents in line for big raises as the cap increases: http://es.pn/1HYqXtt 

Can't teams only offer the MLE for Clarkson?
He's a RFA so we can match any offer.

Right, but the first 2 years can only be MLE (offer from other teams; we can offer whatever we want).
If he has another break out year I think the Lakers brass will pay him fair value given how much the cap will go up.

Maybe, maybe not. They may tell him to get offers and match it since it will be restricted to the MLE level the first 2 years. They may also ask him to sit tight so we can use his cheap cap hold so we can maximize our 60m cap space.

It really depends on whom else LA can sign. My expectation is that they will probably end up using cap space to sign him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Harrison Barnes and Jordan Clarkson headline Kevin Pelton's list of 2016 free agents in line for big raises.

Looking at 10 possible 2016 free agents in line for big raises as the cap increases: http://es.pn/1HYqXtt 

Right, but the first 2 years can only be MLE (offer from other teams; we can offer whatever we want).
If he has another break out year I think the Lakers brass will pay him fair value given how much the cap will go up.

Maybe, maybe not. They may tell him to get offers and match it since it will be restricted to the MLE level the first 2 years. They may also ask him to sit tight so we can use his cheap cap hold so we can maximize our 60m cap space.

It really depends on whom else LA can sign. My expectation is that they will probably end up using cap space to sign him.

Might give him a "promise" that is conditioned upon whether the team can get anyone or not. Sort of like Wes Matthews who ended with a bigger payday after the DJ deal fell through. Either way, Clarkson is likely staying as a Laker after 2016.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I was just watching ESPN's 2015 LA Special Olympics World Games daily update show (on daily from 4 - 4:30 PM) and saw Jordan Clarkson was there today with some of the athletes (probably basketball)!! That was so cool of him to do that!!
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

From reddit, full summer league Clarkson's highlights.

Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Might give him a "promise" that is conditioned upon whether the team can get anyone or not. Sort of like Wes Matthews who ended with a bigger payday after the DJ deal fell through. Either way, Clarkson is likely staying as a Laker after 2016.

Can we extend him early?
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson's quiet demeanor, and on the court intensity reminds me of Shannon Brown - who Clarkson is already better than. I love players like that. I sure hope he develops and becomes the SG replacement for Kobe, and that he gets rewarded with a big $$ deal. I really have no problem paying big money for real talent. I think this is going to be a growing pains year, and his stats will likely go down with Kobe and Lou Williams around to shoot. But I think Clarkson could be the real deal.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject:

to me he should study irving's handles
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

What PG shouldn't? And doesn't?
Kyrie is just special..
Clarkson just needs to tighten his handle imo. It slows him down in the halfcourt, it slips behind him and he has to slow down to keep it w him. If he can just tighten his handle then he would be special off the dribble 1v1 just because of his quickness. I do expect him to improve that and look like a better player. I'm excited
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

Irving's handles are out of this world, easily top 3. You don't just get that in one summer, let alone 5 years.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

#neverforget
nutella
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Never had an encounter w/ Lakers until today, so I have to share.

Probably a bit bored..

Saw Jordan today at USC's Galen center (special Olympics). Was lining up to get lunch at the food stand, and he queued up few spots behind me. He was very friendly, chatting and talking w/ everyone around him. About 2~3 minutes later, big game James showed up, way at the end of the line, but James stood there not for a full minute before some security or worker there recognized him and invited him to the front of line. Of course no one had a problem w/ it, but JC was not invited. I joked and asked Jordan why didn't they take him up to the front too, and he just smiled, put his hand in front of his chest and shook his head (aka me not worthy). I told him just give it couple more years. Anyway, was a nice encounter, loved his demeanor (and I didn't even ask to get a pic).

Not 100% sure, but I think I saw Mitch w/ another old dude sitting and watching the game (AUS v. GR women) later. Even less sure... but I could almost swear I saw Sam Perkins too
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
From reddit, full summer league Clarkson's highlights.

Thanks! Excellent! Clarkson is so unafraid of contact
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject:

nutella wrote:

Probably a bit bored..

Saw Jordan today at USC's Galen center (special Olympics). Was lining up to get lunch at the food stand, and he queued up few spots behind me. He was very friendly, chatting and talking w/ everyone around him. About 2~3 minutes later, big game James showed up, way at the end of the line, but James stood there not for a full minute before some security or worker there recognized him and invited him to the front of line. Of course no one had a problem w/ it, but JC was not invited. I joked and asked Jordan why didn't they take him up to the front too, and he just smiled, put his hand in front of his chest and shook his head (aka me not worthy). I told him just give it couple more years. Anyway, was a nice encounter, loved his demeanor (and I didn't even ask to get a pic).

Not 100% sure, but I think I saw Mitch w/ another old dude sitting and watching the game (AUS v. GR women) later. Even less sure... but I could almost swear I saw Sam Perkins too

Great story. Thanks for posting
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Clarkson ability to finish at the rim has to be close to the tops for PG's. This is why Mitch and many others compare him to Westbrook. He only has one gear and he's dangerous coming off of P&R. Westbrook is a bit stronger but Clarkson is taller, the similarities between those two are close.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
nutella wrote:

Probably a bit bored..

Great story. Thanks for posting

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

Here's a no-brainer for you!

Easy decision for Lakers: Jordan Clarkson's contract to guarantee Saturday

Quote:
Because Clarkson played with the Lakers' summer league squad in Las Vegas earlier in the month, the guarantee date of his contract moved up from opening night (approximately Oct. 31) to the first day of August.

Once the Lakers let the deadline pass on Saturday, the team will have 14 players under contract, with two (Tarik Black and Jabari Brown) on similar non-guaranteed $845,059 deals.

The Lakers don't need to decide on Black or Brown for the season until early 2016. Both could make it to opening night, only to be cut by Jan. 10.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-jordan-clarkson-contract-guarantee-saturday-20150730-story.html
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this is recent but a nice sequence for Jordan in the Bahamas exhibition game

Funny

Better Quality more highlights

Last edited by DLaker on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Not sure if this is recent but a nice sequence for Jordan in the Bahamas exhibition game

Funny

I think its recent because it sounds like the announcer called him d'angelo
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

It takes years and years of repetition and instinct to develop those kinds of handles. There arent many guys that can learn that.

To me Clarkson should try to get really good at the pull up jump shot right outside free throw range. With his athleticism it would be unstoppable. He should also use his agility to be a better defender and rebounder.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Hardly anyone that has ever played the game, even some of the greats, don't have handles like Kyrie do.

I mean yeah obviously he should, what player shouldn't? But don't except him or most players to ever have those kind of handles. Kyrie is just special in that regard.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't Clarkson elite from mid range for Pg's? Anyone have his stats there?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I remember watching this play and thinking this kid is going to be special.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y9nwrdpBxcs
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

commentators called him "amazing athlete"

Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Wasn't Clarkson elite from mid range for Pg's? Anyone have his stats there?

Clarkson shot 47.6% from 10-16 feet last year.

A few other PGs.

CP3. 51.9%

Conley. 39.8% (he's shot much better in prior years)

Wall. 41.9%. (career best)

Kyrie. 42.0%

Lillard. 44.4%
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I am really excited to watch clarkson this yr.

After the work he put in this summer i am a fan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 164 of 685
Jump to: