Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
whos better lavine or clarkson

They looked about even in spl but I give the edge to clarkson for mentality. Should be a fun rivalry for some years to come
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Clarkson.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

There may be some bias here because Lavine seems to have his best performances against us. His rookie year wasn't all that great, and I'm not sure what he does when he's not hot from outside.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
There may be some bias here because Lavine seems to have his best performances against us. His rookie year wasn't all that great, and I'm not sure what he does when he's not hot from outside.

Rich man's Austin Rivers?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject:

As far as play during actual nba games Clarkson is better, though he is older than Lavine.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

Lavine only looks really good when he faces the Lakers. So Clarkson.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Clarkson is better and more polished right now, but Lavine has as much or more potential
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Lavine has not shown the versatility that Clarkson has. He shoots 3s and dunks.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Sounds like an analytic guy's dream prospect
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Anybody else worried about a sophomore slump next year from clarkson? He finished the year great but nobody had seen him play significant minutes until January. I'm worried teams will make adjustments to make things harder for him this year. Hope I'm wrong but I can see it happening. Thoughts?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Anybody else worried about a sophomore slump next year from clarkson? He finished the year great but nobody had seen him play significant minutes until January. I'm worried teams will make adjustments to make things harder for him this year. Hope I'm wrong but I can see it happening. Thoughts?

Not a slump per se, but getting lost in terms of role. Now he has Kobe, DLO, Randle, even Lou/Hibbert/Bass to feed. Not sure if he will succeed by trying to score all the time. You may see him in the 16/5/5 territory this year because there are more scoring options and mouths to feed.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Not a slump per se, but getting lost in terms of role. Now he has Kobe, DLO, Randle, even Lou/Hibbert/Bass to feed. Not sure if he will succeed by trying to score all the time. You may see him in the 16/5/5 territory this year because there are more scoring options and mouths to feed.

Reading about all the work he put in the offseason, and seeing the results over the summer, I'm not really worried about Clarkson. Even if his box score stats are down, he should be a much improved player overall.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Reading about all the work he put in the offseason, and seeing the results over the summer, I'm not really worried about Clarkson. Even if his box score stats are down, he should be a much improved player overall.

Exactly. I'm saying he's going to have learn to be a PG/SG this year, and unlike last year, work with other scoring options. He won't have to worry about passing to Wes Johnson or watching Jordan Hill clank mid range shot after mid range shot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I'm going to go out a somewhat of a limb here... he'll be our best player outside Kobe.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Nope.

He will average 20 PPG this year. Book it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Nope.

Just guesses:

Kobe: 19 ppg
Clarkson: 16.5 ppg
DLO: 10.5 ppg
Randle: 12.5 ppg
Hibbert: 11 ppg
Bass: 8.5 ppg
Lou: 13.5 ppg
Young: 9.5 ppg

That's 101 ppg right there not including the bench, so I'm overshooting already. I think it'll be tough for Jordan to average 20 ppg unless Kobe is basically out again.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Nope.

Just guesses:

Kobe: 19 ppg
Clarkson: 16.5 ppg
DLO: 10.5 ppg
Randle: 12.5 ppg
Hibbert: 11 ppg
Bass: 8.5 ppg
Lou: 13.5 ppg
Young: 9.5 ppg

That's 101 ppg right there not including the bench, so I'm overshooting already. I think it'll be tough for Jordan to average 20 ppg unless Kobe is basically out again.

My guess is Nick Young and Bass don't average that many points. And Hibbert being a 8 PPG kinda guy this year.

Clarkson can do it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

I think Bass will get solid minutes and Young, well, if he plays, could get more than that a game. I think we will see a more all around game from Clarkson that belies the overall stats.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

It sort of depends on what you mean. Jordan post allstar -

MPG: 32, (36 in April)
FGA: 14, (16 in April)
FG%: 48%
3F%: 31% (@ 21% of his shot selection)

He's not going to get that many shots, but hopefully his efficiency will go up if the reduced shot count is accompanied by good shot selection. Good candidate for the D-Wade "shoot a little, score a lot" title, especially since he doesn't leave any points at the line. And if he improves to a 36% 3FG%, his offensive efficiency is going to be very high.

Reduced minutes, FGAs, PPG, but hopefully increased efficiency. Better ability to fight through screens and general defensive improvement. That's what I'm looking for from Jordan.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

If I were Minny, I'd try to sell high with Lavine. To me, he appears to be a chucker that only wants to score from distance or the occasional breakaway dunk. Doesn't really create for anyone else and seems pretty inactive without the ball in his hands. Plus he seems like he thinks he's better than what he is.

I think after watching the way the Minny organization has treated their youngsters (the intrasquad game prior to SPL and the way Sam Mitchell talked about them during their game with the Lakers in Vegas) their team has a chance to implode because they are really big fish in a very small pond being treated like something more than what they've yet to become. And I think Lavine is the one that's got the biggest chance of messing up the chemistry.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Bass will get solid minutes

I think he'll start for the bulk of the season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Bass is one of those unsexy, highly underrated signings that pay much bigger dividends than expected.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if Clarkson will have a sophomore slump, but I think his role is gonna be a lot different. He was pretty much "the man" on not just a God awful team, but one with a lot of guys that didn't really have the ball in their hands a ton. Enter Kobe, Russell, Randle, & Williams, and it's gonna a totally different experience for him. I think he'll find his place, but it's gonna look different than last year for sure.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Bass is one of those unsexy, highly underrated signings that pay much bigger dividends than expected.

Yup. A better rounded version of what Boozer was theoretically supposed to do for Randle. Be a mentor, but not be an overall net negative on both sides of the ball. Wish we had him for more than 1 year (player option year 2).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Sounds like an analytic guy's dream prospect

Except he doesn't hit the 3 with any regularity and can only dunk on the break or fed with a lane to the rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 168 of 685
Jump to: