Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

you guys are acting like he's made now.. this is his best game of the season. plenty of players have played a few good games and disappeared for the rest of their careers. i'm not saying he's a bust, but it's too early to say it was a great move by mitch. for what it's worth, he's probably the best 2nd rounder on our team since nick van exel, but i don't think that's saying much.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
you guys are acting like he's made now.. this is his best game of the season. plenty of players have played a few good games and disappeared for the rest of their careers. i'm not saying he's a bust, but it's too early to say it was a great move by mitch. for what it's worth, he's probably the best 2nd rounder on our team since nick van exel, but i don't think that's saying much.

He's not a legit contributor yet; but it really is exciting to see a rookie playing like this. In less than his 20th game with decent-good minutes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

He's not a legit contributor yet; but it really is exciting to see a rookie playing like this. In less than his 20th game with decent-good minutes

Yup. Surprising to say but even good players have had good games in their rookie seasons too. Kid just needs to play to get experience.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Would have been nice to see him play with Kobe...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I want to see him try to elevate/slice past the helping bigman in the paint more, like he just did for the And-1. Looked like Westbrook, needs to make that his finishing move
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

He showed improvement on both ends of the court. Looked more confident out there, but I still want to see him and more P&R.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Loved his game as a Tiger, I like his future.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

Marc Gasol-2nd
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

that would be marc gasol. anyways, what it illustrates is that this should have happened sooner. it took the front office forcing scott to do it. he probably still loves price
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Loved his game as a Tiger, I like his future.

marc was never on the team though. i had already considered that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
misterrunon wrote:

that would be marc gasol. anyways, what it illustrates is that this should have happened sooner. it took the front office forcing scott to do it. he probably still loves price

Why can't it be "Clarkson wasn't ready, so he got better through practice and experience and now he's earned the spot and is playing well."

instead of "HE WAS READY WEEKS AGO!! SCOTT'S AN IDIOT!"

Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

BigislandHank wrote:
BS says he's got the next 20 games.

Source?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
BigislandHank wrote:
BS says he's got the next 20 games.

Source?

Byron Scott
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Played well but still has a long way to go to reach the next level. If he makes it that far that is. He is quick, can change direction superbly,. The outside tray needs work and needs to be consistent and under control.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

@Lakers_Examiner: Jordan Clarkson: “Playing in these games is making me more comfortable. I’m just trying to continue to get better.” #Lakers

Yeup! We can see it. I strongggly believe he's going to keep improving. How exciting
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I know and agree with the "don't get too excited" sentiment but it's hard not to. JC is showing he has good talent, can more than hold his own (albeit in limited minutes), and has a ton of room to get better.

Considering we have so few young pieces, I'm going to allow myself to be impressed by what he can do.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

JrR31 wrote:
Played well but still has a long way to go to reach the next level. If he makes it that far that is. He is quick, can change direction superbly,. The outside tray needs work and needs to be consistent and under control.

Well, ever since summer league he's been shooting a much improved jumper, compared to his college play. He changed his mechanics after the draft a little, he mentioned it in a video.
In his dleague games this year he's shot well from the outside. I think he needs to shoot his j with more confidence at this level, first and foremost.
He wasn't getting his usual elevation on his shot in the 2nd half, his body has to get used to playing this many minutes and being a 2way PG,guarding the John Walls of the league. And Elevation is a big part of his jumper, it's why I think he can be kinda deadly midrange
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JrR31 wrote:

Well, ever since summer league he's been shooting a much improved jumper, compared to his college play. He changed his mechanics after the draft a little, he mentioned it in a video.
In his dleague games this year he's shot well from the outside. I think he needs to shoot his j with more confidence at this level, first and foremost.
He wasn't getting his usual elevation on his shot in the 2nd half, his body has to get used to playing this many minutes and being a 2way PG,guarding the John Walls of the league. And Elevation is a big part of his jumper, it's why I think he can be kinda deadly midrange

no, i don't think it's "ever since." he shot well in the summer league and it didn't carry over to the regular season. i remember early on he had a few chances and he bricked a bunch of shots. he shoots 27.8% for the season.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JrR31 wrote:

no, i don't think it's "ever since." he shot well in the summer league and it didn't carry over to the regular season. i remember early on he had a few chances and he bricked a bunch of shots. he shoots 27.8% for the season.

Right he hasn't shot well at this level. But I think he's shot well from the outside in the dleague.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

career high tonight.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

Good for Clarkson; he'll continue to go through his ups and downs but the future is bright...as I said in the NBA draft thread, I think adding a player of Russell's skillset would benefit Clarkson tremendously.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

I hope he develops a more consistent shot. But otherwise, it's looking like good progress so far.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

During Ellington's post game interview they asked him about Clarkson's performance. He said something like "Oh yeah we all know JC can play. It's just a matter of him being comfortable."

I'm glad to see Clarkson freed lol. This kid's future looks bright for a 2nd rounder.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

I hope he gets 30 mpg from here on out. He needs experience. He needs to fall a bit before he can run. Do it now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 18 of 685
Jump to: