Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

Some of these negative comments about JC are just ridiculous particularly the ones about JC being a ball-hog or a me-first player. In terms of our young trio, he's the one I'm the least worried about.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Some of these negative comments about JC are just ridiculous particularly the ones about JC being a ball-hog or a me-first player. In terms of our young trio, he's the one I'm the least worried about.

Exactly Jordan has yet to have a terrible game yet, he's been the most consistent out of the young trio. I believe he will turn it up when the real season begins. Also I think he is feeling Kobe out and trying to learn how to play with him. JC will be fine
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Exactly Jordan has yet to have a terrible game yet, he's been the most consistent out of the young trio. I believe he will turn it up when the real season begins. Also I think he is feeling Kobe out and trying to learn how to play with him. JC will be fine

Did Clarkson play with Kobe at all last season? Kobe missed the 2nd half due to injury which was when JC really started to emerge.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
So many spur of the moment insanity posts...

It's called playing out of position right now. And Byron's practices.

Please help your fellow posters wake up to reality. Byron's practices made everyone hate all the players after a 2 a day Saturday, then game 1 against Utah on Sunday. They shot 28%.

Now, Russell returned and all the guys who haven't shot that well so far had great shooting games, and got the easiest shots they've had all pre-season. Obviously it had something to do with the lack of competition, although that team gave Memphis a very good game.

When Russell and Clarkson are in the lineup together, Clarkson will thrive just like Kobe and all his buds did last game because there will be plenty of open shots for everyone, including Clarkson, and when his legs aren't so tireed.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Did Clarkson play with Kobe at all last season? Kobe missed the 2nd half due to injury which was when JC really started to emerge.

I doubt they were ever on the floor together during real games. They might have played together in practice. However, JC didn't really come on strong until after Kobe shut it down for the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Start DLO/clarkson.

Sub DLO out first and of clarkson play pg.

Then sub out Clarkson/Kobe and bring in DLO/Lou/swaggy.

Stagger.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

We have Marcelo to distribute in the 2nd unit. Just haven't seen him yet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
We have Marcelo to distribute in the 2nd unit. Just haven't seen him yet

Not sure I want lou/Huertaa defending SGs which DLO could do better.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

You can stagger some, but you will need a guy to at least play a short rotation there. That's where Huertas comes in. a 10-12 mpg gay that allows CLarkson and Russell to start and perhaps end halves together, with Clarkson and Huertas splitting up the backup 1 minutes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

You can stagger some, but you will need a guy to at least play a short rotation there. That's where Huertas comes in. a 10-12 mpg gay that allows CLarkson and Russell to start and perhaps end halves together, with Clarkson and Huertas splitting up the backup 1 minutes.

I'm just not keen on any extended play with huertas/Lou as the guards defensively. Teams will already go at huertas IMO.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

I'm just not keen on any extended play with huertas/Lou as the guards defensively. Teams will already go at huertas IMO.

I get that, but you can't have Clarkson doing all the backup 1 duty (18+ minutes per game, and still have him with significant minutes at the 2.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

Exactly. I'm not worried about occasionally getting torched by a bench SG.

If we survived Steve Blake guarding Klay Thompson we can survive this
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

We'll probably try to put Nick Young on a dynamic SG off the bench. Maybe we'll spot Anthony Brown off the bench to guard the scorer off the bench if necessary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

Blake was a spirited and feisty defender. Huertas/Lou are nothing like Blake at all. I'd rather see Lou/DLO together and find other ways to bring in huertas. He's going to be a net negative defensively and with Lou you are going to get torched quite a bit.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Hold on look. JC needs work same with D'russ, Randle and even Kobe. Russ is a rook and JC didnt see steady time in the NBA until after the ASG. I do think he should rely on Kobe, Randle, hibbert and Russell to make things easier on him. But let's not act as though he should be traded based off pre-season play.

Plus be careful before we get to happy about last night. although a good team that tested Memphis we didnt play like that vs. the Jazz and we face Sacto, Portland and Golden-state soon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

Blake was a spirited and feisty defender. Huertas/Lou are nothing like Blake at all. I'd rather see Lou/DLO together and find other ways to bring in huertas. He's going to be a net negative defensively and with Lou you are going to get torched quite a bit.

How do you know how Huertas will defend? In Europe, he was exactly a spirited and feisty defender?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

How do you know how Huertas will defend? In Europe, he was exactly a spirited and feisty defender?

Even in his physical prime was never considered a good defender.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marcelo-Huertas-29/

We know how Byron feels about PGs who don't excel at defense.

My point is that playing Lou/huertas should be a very short run if at all. Rather have a staggering where DLO/Lou would play together. By the time huertas comes in hibbert is likely sitting too and we don't have the rim protection.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Start DLO/clarkson.

Stagger.

Even in his physical prime was never considered a good defender.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marcelo-Huertas-29/

We know how Byron feels about PGs who don't excel at defense.

My point is that playing Lou/huertas should be a very short run if at all. Rather have a staggering where DLO/Lou would play together. By the time huertas comes in hibbert is likely sitting too and we don't have the rim protection.

Again, you end up cobbling some of both. Maximize the amount of time both or one is on the floor, and add in Huertas in spot duty, against bench PGs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
On the other end, Huertas remains a poor pick-and-roll defender, unable to navigate over screens with enough quickness to limit the need for help. He also lacks the wingspan to contest shots effectively and shut down passing lanes. According to gigabasket.org, Barcelona allowed 106.3 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor in the Euroleague, and just 95.3 with Satoransky defending the point of the attack instead.

https://basketballscouting.wordpress.com/2015/07/17/marcelinho-huertas-scouting-report-2/

Is this our own jorkerjorker's site?
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised. Satoransky is one of the best Defensive PG in Europe (and the best pg prospect imo), no shame beeing worse then him.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
So many spur of the moment insanity posts...

It's called playing out of position right now. And Byron's practices.

I hear ya. I hope he shows why he should have been picked before exum and banks in the 2014 draft. I really do think this is stemming from the fact he got picked up in the 2nd round. If he was a top 10 draft pick, people would tolerate and justify his rough games.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Not sure what everyone is seeing, Clarkson looks really good to me. His jumper has been streaky but his effort and energy are always there. Love his intensity..
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
a 10-12 mpg gay that allows CLarkson and Russell to start and perhaps end halves together

But does he really have to be gay?
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:
Not sure what everyone is seeing, Clarkson looks really good to me. His jumper has been streaky but his effort and energy are always there. Love his intensity..

Most definitely concur.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

My only concern with JC is defense. He often seems to get lost after a screen is set. However, other than that, I have little doubt he is going to have a great season.

Any struggles you see right now aren't about him, but are about him having to adjust to having real players around him. Remember, last year, he had free reign to do whatever he wanted - no Russell, no Randle, no Kobe, no Lou Williams, Swaggy not getting playing time, no Hibbert, etc. Clarkson went from no ballers around him to a half of a dozen. For a guy who had a half of the season getting real playing time in the NBA, and with the ball in his hands the whole time no less, that takes some getting used to.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 180 of 685
Jump to: