Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

JC only had 1 turnover in 37 minutes playing PG. Not bad at all!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Speed, quickness, and the ability to shift directions to go with what appears to be very good stamina, consistent effort on defense, confidence, and a seemingly humble approach to improving his game (to say nothing of his willingness to wait his turn and not quit working) are all working to make Clarkson look like he's got a future in this league.

Not bad at all for a 2nd rounder.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Speed, quickness, and the ability to shift directions to go with what appears to be very good stamina, consistent effort on defense, confidence, and a seemingly humble approach to improving his game (to say nothing of his willingness to wait his turn and not quit working) are all working to make Clarkson look like he's got a future in this league.

Clarkson did say that he thought he was the best guard in his draft class. He was surprised that he wasn't taken in the first round. I'd say he he has a pretty good chance of proving that throughout his lakers career. I believe that he's going to look even better with randle and our first round picks from this upcoming draft.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Clarkson did say that he thought he was the best guard in his draft class. He was surprised that he wasn't taken in the first round. I'd say he he has a pretty good chance of proving that throughout his lakers career. I believe that he's going to look even better with randle and our first round picks from this upcoming draft.

Yeah Randle and Clarkson had that undeniable rook to rook chemistry thing too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Yeah Randle and Clarkson had that undeniable rook to rook chemistry thing too

Man they looked great in summer league. Clarkson will get a ton of wide open spot up 3's playing with randle and he's really good at them. Pick and roll game and they are both great in transition. Will be interesting to see who the lakers grab in the draft. I love Russell but I wouldn't complain with okafor and a guard with houstons first.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

As many have said, it's one game. And this is the reason why you give all the time he needs. Then we can see what level of consistencies he can achieve. IMO I don't think he has the right court vision to be a starting PG. He doesn't survey as much as a PG should... where's Nash to show him??? Clarkson uses his speed and puts his head down to go to the rim. Passing is reactionary not proactive. And that's okay.

As far as the future, someone like Dragic, Rondo would be the lead PG, that leaves Clarkson as a backup or a 2, a combo guard- but more SG like Bayless, the other JC (Crawford)
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

Imagine the lakers landing the first overall pick in the 2015 draft. They choose okafor and with the 25th pick they grab tyus jones. Then, they look for an athletic wing with thier second round picks. This would make a very impressive crop of young players by 2016 when durant becomes a free agent.

Okafor
Randle

Clarkson
Jones
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

yeah, where's all the hype for Donte Exum now? if JC gets enough playing time, he could end up in all rookie 1st team this year giving the poor showing overall of the draft class.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

Let's see how he does with starters minutes the rest of the season. I believe smart is now starting too.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

^ When Durant becomes a FA, Wall, Beal, playing in front of family would look pretty good too. And that doesn't even take imagining.

If we do get Okafor, Buss might just trade him to keep his cover up his bad timeline. Sucks for fans. Hope Jeanie steps in.

Now if Minnie gets Okafor, they'll have a few big men available. But for me, I'm sold on Whiteside, I'll dump J Hill money on him when he becomes restricted. Doubt if Miami can match.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

I don't want to get all Critterton up in here. But I do like Clarkson. I don't think he has all the baggage Critt did. He also will have more opportunity to showcase himself than Critt.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Disagree that clarkson has poor vision. I think he doesn't survey in an obvious manner, but he does survey the floor. For example those highlight fast break passes he got to jhill and Boozer, he had his head down with no indication he was going to pass but clearly was aware of them the entire time.

from what I've seen of his passing including summer and dleague, he's a deceptive passer, not an unaware one.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

The league corrected the box score for a Clarkson missed layup initially credited to Lin last night. Clarkson was 8/19 and Lin was 1/4.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't want to get all Critterton up in here. But I do like Clarkson. I don't think he has all the baggage Critt did. He also will have more opportunity to showcase himself than Critt.

Yep, agree...
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson is going to be really good. Not an all star because they're are so many great PG's in the west but a consistent PG that plays hard on both ends of the floor. I think he can be 16/7/4 PG in a year or two which is really good as a 3rd or 4th option. Playing alongside Randle and possibly Okafor will get him a lot of open looks.

I would love to join in this aspiration, but he just hasn't gotten enough PT to come to that conclusion. Is he the kind of player who can score in spurts, but over a 35mpg span he's less effective? Could he maintain the high FT rate? I think before we can effectively postulate, he needs to play. And he needs to just grab minutes from Price, Wes, X, and even Lin. We literally have nothing to lose. Clarkson won't change the tide significantly either in terms of W-L, but at least we get to know.

I hope Clarkson puts on some muscle and works on his handles and 3 point shooting.

I feel that Clarkson could score more, he's got that gunner instinct in him, but since they are grooming him to be a point guard, he's holding back.

It seems like JC has a self confidence about himself that I don't sense in JLin.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
yeah, where's all the hype for Donte Exum now? if JC gets enough playing time, he could end up in all rookie 1st team this year giving the poor showing overall of the draft class.

They should cancel the all-rookie team this year.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson seems to have a nice outside jumpshot, but he missed a few open ones last night. Hopefully that is just nerves and he starts hitting them regularly.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
JrR31 wrote:
Played well but still has a long way to go to reach the next level. If he makes it that far that is. He is quick, can change direction superbly,. The outside tray needs work and needs to be consistent and under control.

Well, ever since summer league he's been shooting a much improved jumper, compared to his college play. He changed his mechanics after the draft a little, he mentioned it in a video.
In his dleague games this year he's shot well from the outside. I think he needs to shoot his j with more confidence at this level, first and foremost.
He wasn't getting his usual elevation on his shot in the 2nd half, his body has to get used to playing this many minutes and being a 2way PG,guarding the John Walls of the league. And Elevation is a big part of his jumper, it's why I think he can be kinda deadly midrange

no, i don't think it's "ever since." he shot well in the summer league and it didn't carry over to the regular season. i remember early on he had a few chances and he bricked a bunch of shots. he shoots 27.8% for the season.

Right he hasn't shot well at this level. But I think he's shot well from the outside in the dleague.

To be fair he's only gotten sporadic minutes until now. Ideally all of his stats creep up as he plays more. They are doing so outside of that 3p% so far.
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson is going to be really good. Not an all star because they're are so many great PG's in the west but a consistent PG that plays hard on both ends of the floor. I think he can be 16/7/4 PG in a year or two which is really good as a 3rd or 4th option. Playing alongside Randle and possibly Okafor will get him a lot of open looks.

I would love to join in this aspiration, but he just hasn't gotten enough PT to come to that conclusion. Is he the kind of player who can score in spurts, but over a 35mpg span he's less effective? Could he maintain the high FT rate? I think before we can effectively postulate, he needs to play. And he needs to just grab minutes from Price, Wes, X, and even Lin. We literally have nothing to lose. Clarkson won't change the tide significantly either in terms of W-L, but at least we get to know.

I hope Clarkson puts on some muscle and works on his handles and 3 point shooting.

I feel that Clarkson could score more, he's got that gunner instinct in him, but since they are grooming him to be a point guard, he's holding back.

It seems like JC has a self confidence about himself that I don't sense in JLin.

This!

J Wall looked bigger than Clarky and a bit stronger. Putting on muscle would be a good idea. YES! Tray point shot is another thing that would make him a tough cover.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be nice if we have a HOF point guard on the roster who can mentor Clarkson?....Oh wait, we do have one....too bad he's in Argentina...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if we have a HOF point guard on the roster who can mentor Clarkson?....Oh wait, we do have one....too bad he's in Argentina...

The guy coaching him was a pretty good guard.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

JrR31 wrote:

J Wall looked bigger than Clarky and a bit stronger. Putting on muscle would be a good idea. YES! Tray point shot is another thing that would make him a tough cover.

That was the analysis of Jordan before the draft. Weaknesses - bad outsider shooter, not much muscle. Pros -- good size for a point guard, and good at getting to the rim.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Jordan will bulk up over the course of this year and next. It takes the skinny guys a couple years to add on some weight given how often they are training or playing. He looks ready to compete with the most elite PG's in the game in terms of athleticism already though. He has amazing bounce.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
IMO I don't think he has the right court vision to be a starting PG...

I agree about the court vision, but I think he´s a prototypical tri PG. Phill would have loved him.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

dam
Towns or Okafur
with

Randle and CLarkson is a start... find two more role players in the draft

develop kelly black

still have kobe and young

add one solid free agent.. phoenix you can have that pick in 2016.. we wont need it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 19 of 685
Jump to: