Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson is the best player on the team. Bringing him off the bench would be the ultimate slap in the face. He had one bad game, had to switch positions just so that DLO could get more touches. Its a joke to even suggest something like that. He would be a PG if Pop, Thibs, or Carlisle was coaching him.

Facts..
The kid avg 16/5/5 on 46% Fg at PG as a rookie starter and held his own against some of the top PG's. Out played top 10 picks in Payton and Smart, made all rookie 1st team. Its an absolute joke that Yimona, VLF, and others want him coming off the bench. He has elite speed and finishing ability, midrange and 3pt shot has improved. He should have the ball in his hands more and be the 1st option not DLO.

Good lord. Learn to have some nuance and comprehension. No one is saying that JC needs to be benched now.

It's the concept that if the Lakers get a better SG via trade/free agency, then you bring him off the bench. If we don't, then I'm perfectly fine with starting JC.

NUANCE.

Lakers don't need anymore guards man . They need some forwards and a Center ..

Adding Eric Gordan isnt gonna add nothing but another guy that's gonna take the ball of of Russell hands .. He damn sure isn't no defensive stopper .
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson is the best player on the team. Bringing him off the bench would be the ultimate slap in the face. He had one bad game, had to switch positions just so that DLO could get more touches. Its a joke to even suggest something like that. He would be a PG if Pop, Thibs, or Carlisle was coaching him.

Facts..
The kid avg 16/5/5 on 46% Fg at PG as a rookie starter and held his own against some of the top PG's. Out played top 10 picks in Payton and Smart, made all rookie 1st team. Its an absolute joke that Yimona, VLF, and others want him coming off the bench. He has elite speed and finishing ability, midrange and 3pt shot has improved. He should have the ball in his hands more and be the 1st option not DLO.

Good lord. Learn to have some nuance and comprehension. No one is saying that JC needs to be benched now.

It's the concept that if the Lakers get a better SG via trade/free agency, then you bring him off the bench. If we don't, then I'm perfectly fine with starting JC.

NUANCE.

Adding Eric Gordan is gonna add nothing but another guy that's gonna take the ball of of Russell hands ..

I'm not advocating for Gordon, some other poster was. I want SFs galore, but if we ended up with Durant and Batum or Batum/Simmons, JC will be our 6th man.

And that would be a great development for our TEAM.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Nash and Billups were also late bloomers. Clarkson is a 2nd round gem and isn't getting the respect he deserves. Dlo can be a great player but he will never have the speed and athleticism of Clarkson. Clarkson would be a star on the Spurs or Mavs right now.

Speed/athleticism are only parts of the entire game. Comparing DLO with JC is futile as they are totally different styled players. DLO actually favorably compares with Nash/Billups more than JC does.

Clarkson is in a great situation in LA. He will hopefully be a part of a young and growing core down the road.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Facts..

NUANCE.

Adding Eric Gordan is gonna add nothing but another guy that's gonna take the ball of of Russell hands ..

I'm not advocating for Gordon, some other poster was. I want SFs galore, but if we ended up with Durant and Batum or Batum/Simmons, JC will be our 6th man.

Batum, Durant, or Simmons are not SG. And Derozen is a SG or SF .. Don't see why JC would have to go the bench for any of these moves. It's not like ur getting Durant and Derozen .
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Facts..

NUANCE.

Batum, Durant, or Simmons are not SG. And Derozen is a SG or SF .. Don't see why JC would have to go the bench for any of these moves. It's not like ur getting Durant and Derozen .

Batum is actually playing SG in Charlotte and having his best season.

DRoz is a SG, they have Demarre Caroll at SF.

Batum would be a SF here, and I would like DLO/JC/Batum, no problem.

Droz would be more problematic as he puts up terrible differentials at SF.

Again, my default opinion is that the SG spot is JC's until we have a better player. Not sure why there's a disagreement on that end.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

^ Exactly. JC going to the bench is bizarre. If anything he needs more opportunities to play his natural position at PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
^ Exactly. JC going to the bench is bizarre. If anything he needs more opportunities to play his natural position at PG.

Oh man, please read my post. Clearly you're not understanding my position on the matter.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Facts..

NUANCE.

Again, my default opinion is that the SG spot is JC's until we have a better player. Not sure why there's a disagreement on that end.

And by this assessment your saying JC won't get better as player like he has peaked already..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Facts..

NUANCE.

And by this assessment your saying JC won't get better as player like he has peaked already..

Not really. That's your projection. I haven't said anything of that sort as I think he has an unbelievable work ethic (improved 3 pointer).
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
He's a better sg. Court awareness is lacking.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
No. DLO is the Lakers PG, and hopefully will have a nice career with JC. I can see him as our 6th man in a few years. Not this year, but in a few years.
I'd wager on that. Even a young Nash had an extra gear to consistently get in the paint. Were seeing diffrent things. I see DLO as a SG with playmaking ability. Clarkson as a scoring PG, not a player that consistently plays off the ball.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Facts..

NUANCE.

Not really. That's your projection. I haven't said anything of that sort as I think he has an unbelievable work ethic (improved 3 pointer).

If you believed that you wouldn't be talking about when we get a better SG he can come off bench. He has been the best young player we have by a good margin. Why would the lakers would be so quick to push him to bench and he is still developing ? Your not making these same claims for Russell or randle . Who both have limitations and struggles too.

Last edited by Hydro21 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
He's a better sg. Court awareness is lacking.
That's not true. He was great last year as a rookie PG. We'll see next year if we hire a great coach. I'd bet a lot that if Pop had these two the roles would be reversed. He'd use Clarkson just as he did Parker.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

Because they're 19 and 20 respectively.

What part of "JC is the starting SG by default" is so hard to understand? IF, and emphasis on IF, a better SG comes by, why is it a stretch that he would be a 6th man?

And if a better SG doesn't come by, I've repeatedly said I'm happy with JC at SG.

Conclusion, I'm HAPPY that JC is a Laker.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

What part of "JC is the starting SG by default" is so hard to understand? IF, and emphasis on IF, a better SG comes by, why is it a stretch that he would be a 6th man?

And if a better SG doesn't come by, I've repeatedly said I'm happy with JC at SG.

That my friend is the dumbest thing I ever heard ..how old was Damien Lillard when he came out ? Age don't determine your potential or how good you can become .
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That my friend is the dumbest thing I heard ..how old was Damien Lillard when he came out ? Age don't determine your potential or how good you can become .

Please don't change a perfectly civil conversation to this. I'm being polite with you here.

How many Damien Lillards have we seen recently? (4 year players who are All-Stars)? I'll wait.

Again, I think you're missing my overall point.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

Yimona just admit that you want Clarkson to come off the bench just so that DLO can be the primary PG even though Clarkson is the better player. You've said Clarkson as the 6th man more then I've talked about Kobe struggles. Its obvious that since we've drafted DLO, you and many others have turned your back on Clarkson. He's been by far the best and most efficient player on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject:

Age is relevant as it's unfair to compare a 19/20 year old with a 23 year old, 4 year college athlete (1 year redshirt).

While age isn't correlative with future success, you have to account for the arc of a 19 year old's career. If you stacked both players side-by-side to include what they did at the same age, JC was at Tulsa at age 19 while DLO is already in the NBA and getting the benefits of NBA training/diet, etc.

By 23, it's not unreasonable to think he will be further ahead than JC. Or not. But you can't compare a 19 vs. 23 year old right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Yimona just admit that you want Clarkson to come off the bench just so that DLO can be the primary PG even though Clarkson is the better player. You've said Clarkson as the 6th man more then I've talked about Kobe struggles. Its obvious that since we've drafted DLO, you and many others have turned your back on Clarkson. He's been by far the best and most efficient player on the team.

This is just ridiculous and it's impossible to have a cogent and reasonable conversation with you. Everything is personal with you and I think that's that. Take care my friend.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That my friend is the dumbest thing I heard ..how old was Damien Lillard when he came out ? Age don't determine your potential or how good you can become .

Please don't change a perfectly civil conversation to this. I'm being polite with you here.

How many Damien Lillards have we seen recently? (4 year players who are All-Stars)? I'll wait.

How many 19 year old players have we see turn into bust ? This argument is waste cause it doesn't work for every player . It has to be case by case situation .
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How many 19 year old players have we see turn into bust ? This argument is waste cause it doesn't work for every player . It has to be case by case situation .

You're still missing the point.

I have said that age is not correlative, but it is important to note when comparing 2 players of differing ages. 4 years in the NBA (which is what DLO will have at 23) is an eternity to get better.

Doesn't necessarily presage that DLO will be better by 23 but by all comparative indications, and comparing what JC was doing at 19, he's well on his way.

That's all I'm trying to say. JC at 23 is better than DLO at 19. Of course. But DLO at 23 vs. JC at 23, I going with the former.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

This is just ridiculous and it's impossible to have a cogent and reasonable conversation with you. Everything is personal with you and I think that's that. Take care my friend.
Its not personal. You guys started the Clarkson vs DLO war. All I wanted was whats best for the team.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Nash and Billups were also late bloomers. Clarkson is a 2nd round gem and isn't getting the respect he deserves. Dlo can be a great player but he will never have the speed and athleticism of Clarkson. Clarkson would be a star on the Spurs or Mavs right now.

Speed/athleticism are only parts of the entire game. Comparing DLO with JC is futile as they are totally different styled players. DLO actually favorably compares with Nash/Billups more than JC does.

Clarkson is in a great situation in LA. He will hopefully be a part of a young and growing core down the road.

I want Lakers to trade Clarkson to the Spurs to show you haters how wrong you are. This guy is basically Tony Parker 2.0. Tony Parker is not the best defender in the world but Pop is able to hide him. Pop can do the same with Clarkson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I want Lakers to trade Clarkson to the Spurs to show you haters how wrong you are. This guy is basically Tony Parker 2.0. Tony Parker is not the best defender in the world but Pop is able to hide him. Pop can do the same with Clarkson.

Haters? Please.

So you'd want a part of your core to be traded just to prove your Tony Parker 2.0 theory?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 215 of 685
Jump to: