Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 301, 302, 303 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
JC and Randle

Nice!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
For the love of God, please more DLO/JC. If the Parking Brake doesn't start the two together after the all star break, it'll be a wasted season evaluating these two together.

Stop the hate, Dlo playing the way he did last game there is no chance he will stay on the bench too long. They are slowly developing a great chemistry, you can see them looking for each other, Randle is finishing strong, I think it's the "Bass effect", JC and Russell got a couple of "Lou's calls", they are learning together, but it still took a vintage Mamba to finish it, not the hero Mamba, but the good one that can drop 38 keeping everybody involved.

I hope we can keep our top 3 pick and sign 2 solid all stars or borderline stars just to let the young boys develop in a competitive atmosphere.

What hate are you talking about? They should be playing more together. They don't get long sustained minutes thanks to Lou starting.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject:

JC always seems to love to go off against his fellow '14 Draft point guards, against LaVine, Smart, and Exum. Love the chip on his shoulder, only gives him incentive to keep working hard and improve.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Solid game from JC. He was getting in the paint at will and the floater was on point. Would have liked him to get more then 13 shots, but that wasn't going to happen when Kobe is in shoot mode.

shoot mode? Oh yeah, great way to describe a 38-5-5 on 10/21. Never mind the fact he led the team in assists too and led us to victory right? But hey he was just in shoot mode, ruining JC's development like always
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Solid game from JC. He was getting in the paint at will and the floater was on point. Would have liked him to get more then 13 shots, but that wasn't going to happen when Kobe is in shoot mode.

shoot mode? Oh yeah, great way to describe a 38-5-5 on 10/21. Never mind the fact he led the team in assists too and led us to victory right? But hey he was just in shoot mode, ruining JC's development like always

Yeah. Hope the kids took notes last night to see the rare (these days) closer. Kobe won that game for us no doubt.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kobe was efficient shooting and moving the ball so that is fine. I don't think Clarkson is going to be a high volume shooter, I think about him like Byron Scott (the player) someone that you can count to drop 16-20 every single night. He is a good part but not the guy to take a game over and finish the way Kobe did, he is an opportunistic feeder like a big fish lurking, if you give him space he will eat, but he is not the kind of player demanding the ball every single possession. I'm very satisfied with Clarkson, he needs to take this offseason to work his defense and everything will be ok.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Kobe was efficient shooting and moving the ball so that is fine. I don't think Clarkson is going to be a high volume shooter, I think about him like Byron Scott (the player) someone that you can count to drop 16-20 every single night. He is a good part but not the guy to take a game over and finish the way Kobe did, he is an opportunistic feeder like a big fish lurking, if you give him space he will eat, but he is not the kind of player demanding the ball every single possession. I'm very satisfied with Clarkson, he needs to take this offseason to work his defense and everything will be ok.

No, Clarkson is actually a volume shooter, and it's what he wants to be. How often do you see him make plays for others? If he gets the ball, he's driving and shooting 90% of the time.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
nash wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

No, Clarkson is actually a volume shooter, and it's what he wants to be. How often do you see him make plays for others? If he gets the ball, he's driving and shooting 90% of the time.

This team doesn't moves the ball. A volume shooter is one that demands the ball a lot, Clarkson just has to operate to scrap his points because the offense is stagnant, but when he had a big rolling with him last year and his buddy running the wings he shared the ball. Clarkson is not one to take 20+ shots a game. I think Russell can be that guy in the future, but I see Clarkson as a scoring guard high level complementary player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Thank goodness he was in shoot mode. I really didn't see it negatively affecting the youngsters last night, they played pretty well despite Kobe taking the team on his back for the win.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

What I'd like to see Clarkson focus on primarily is his defense. Offensively I think he'll be fine.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
What I'd like to see Clarkson focus on primarily is his defense. Offensively I think he'll be fine.

It seems like his defense has picked up lately, so he must be somewhat focusing on it. He really needs to focus on drawing contact on his drives, getting to the line more would take his game to another level.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

It seems like his defense has picked up lately, so he must be somewhat focusing on it. He really needs to focus on drawing contact on his drives, getting to the line more would take his game to another level.

His main problem is not focus, is fundamentals. He got to get some classes with Gary Payton, he did great under Nash learning how to change gears, it's time to learn about angles, screens and flow reading.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

His main problem is not focus, is fundamentals. He got to get some classes with Gary Payton, he did great under Nash learning how to change gears, it's time to learn about angles, screens and flow reading.
A reason to draft GP2 with #32 in the draft
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

starts with his stance. We even started noticing it in his one on one with Beal

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Me too!

Someone posted it and I thought: man, the boy can score, but don't have a clue about defensive stance
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
nash wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Me too!

Someone posted it and I thought: man, the boy can score, but don't have a clue about defensive stance

you should stalk her and tell him to ask klay and curry how they over come their defensive problem.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

JC in the Skills Challenge. Congrats JC! Go win it.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

That's odd, would think D'angelo would've been picked for the skills one. Bring it home though JC!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Snipes wrote:
nash wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

This team doesn't moves the ball. A volume shooter is one that demands the ball a lot, Clarkson just has to operate to scrap his points because the offense is stagnant, but when he had a big rolling with him last year and his buddy running the wings he shared the ball. Clarkson is not one to take 20+ shots a game. I think Russell can be that guy in the future, but I see Clarkson as a scoring guard high level complementary player.

I agree. Good analysis.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson should fare well in this skills competition. Hopefully he wins and gets some pub.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Snipes wrote:
nash wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I agree Clarkson isn't a volume scorer but I think the reason he's not passing the ball well this year is his own doing. He has really bad tunnel vision at times and doesn't see the floor very well. He's good at penetrating and collapsing the D but he often misses the open teammate when he does that. Hopefully it's Byron telling him to attack and try to score but I think that's just the player he is. Hopefully a new coach can teach him to see the floor better but Nash couldn't teach him last offseason and nobody saw the floor better than him. If he doesn't learn that he's going to hit his ceiling sooner rather than later.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
JC in the Skills Challenge. Congrats JC! Go win it.

Nice! More national exposure for him!
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Well deserved by JC. Despite this horrid season he's been the best and most consistent player all year.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Red hot to start this game tonight ..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Good first half
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 301, 302, 303 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 302 of 685
Jump to: