Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

OK, I will go through this one more time. JC can do one of the following:

He can accept the one year qualifying offer of 2.7 million, and become a restricted free agent next year, He would then have full Bird rights so LA could sign him to a five year deal the following year at anything up to the max with full 7.5% raises. He could also sign a four year deal with another team at anywhere up to the max and 4.5% raises, but LA could match that too. The upside for Clarkson is that he could get more than the MLE a year earlier, the downside is if he had an injury he's only banked the .7 million.

He can get an offer from another team, which can only be the MLE for two years, and then up to the (2016) max for up to two years beyond that. If, as Yinoma suggested, his market value is 9 million (if he was UFA), a team could offer him a three year deal with the third year being 16 mil, or a four year deal with the 3rd and 4th years being 12-13 mil. LA would love to match such a deal, and thus he probably won't see it. A team would almost certainly have to offer the full max in years 3 and 4 to even make LA think about it, but even then they probably do it because they lock him in cheap for two years, and worst case can amnesty him down the line if he flames out (LA is one of few teams that can afford such a move). And even if he signs the deal, LA has 3 days from the date he gets the offer (which cannot be until the day after the moratorium) to match, so they can spend their money on other free agents and then match.

He can accept an "early Bird" deal from LA, for up to 4 years, which would be essentially an MLE deal. He could shorten that some, say a 3 year deal with the last being a player option, which would give him 16 mil insurance in case of injury, but the ability to become a UFA after two years. This would be a logical compromise, since it locks his salary in cheap for two years for LA, and they'd have Bird rights after.

He can get LA to sign him to a larger deal using cap space. THis is good for him but not necessarily in LA's interest.

He can find another team that wants to pay him a larger deal, and then get them to work out a sign and trade deal with LA, where LA gets something they want and uses their cap space temporarily to make that happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
76ers.
Orlando
Hornets
Nets

Only takes one team.

I can imagine the 76ers since their team is madeup of d league perimeter players

So, you think these teams, who go against YOUR assessment that JC is mediocre, will extend what is presumably the maximum that can be offered to him?

Again, that defies even your logic. If he's not good, he won't be paid a salary that is so offensive that the Lakers will have no choice but to walk away.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
76ers.
Orlando
Hornets
Nets

Only takes one team.

I can imagine the 76ers since their team is madeup of d league perimeter players

So, you think these teams, who go against YOUR assessment that JC is mediocre, will extend what is presumably the maximum that can be offered to him?

Again, that defies even your logic. If he's not good, he won't be paid a salary that is so offensive that the Lakers will have no choice but to walk away.

They would. Like you said the Magic paid Tobias harris the max and essentially traded him for nothing a few months later recognizing their mistake.

76ers have 0 nba guards on their team and this summer all of their d league guards will be up for grabs to leave.

When do teams pay according to output, both parsons and wes matthews got the max this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
76ers.
Orlando
Hornets
Nets

Only takes one team.

They would. Like you said the Magic paid Tobias harris the max and essentially traded him for nothing a few months later recognizing their mistake.

76ers have 0 nba guards on their team and this summer all of their d league guards will be up for grabs to leave.

When do teams pay according to output, both parsons and wes matthews got the max this year.

Magic KEPT their own asset, then traded him.

I mean you are bringing off-base examples and just pointing to extremes.

The more realistic outcome is nowhere near your examples.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
76ers.
Orlando
Hornets
Nets

Only takes one team.

Magic KEPT their own asset, then traded him.

I mean you are bringing off-base examples and just pointing to extremes.

The more realistic outcome is nowhere near your examples.

Magic made a mistake resiging Harris to the max, rather than trading him before the summer. A predicament we are in to this summer. WIth the salary cap going up this summer, JC will look for a decent raise.

Teams in the NBA need a combo guard like JC that can score and attack the rim, so he brings value there. However, those teams are not the Lakers. Those teams are forever bad teams.

As I said, if he gets a lucrative deal, he should be let go. If it is reasonable, like 24/3 with a team option for the third year, be my guest. However, if it is the max or anywhere near that, especially with the 4th year, than no...

JC's output can be easily replaced by Lou Williams and Huertas does a better job running the second team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Again, you argue simultaneously that JC is terrible for us but yet some team is going to max him out.

Then you discount the fact that while you may disagree about what the Magic got for Tobias, they may have actually liked Jennings/Ilaysova (i.e. got relative value in return instead of letting Tobias leave for nothing).

This will be my last say in the matter as you keep on changing the argument and using extreme examples.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Again, you argue simultaneously that JC is terrible for us but yet some team is going to max him out.

Then you discount the fact that while you may disagree about what the Magic got for Tobias, they may have actually liked Jennings/Ilaysova (i.e. got relative value in return instead of letting Tobias leave for nothing).

This will be my last say in the matter as you keep on changing the argument and using extreme examples.

Magic like Jennings and Illaysova, that's why both of them are expiring contracts... Magic basically said, I messed up and time to cut losses and move forward and play Aaron Gordon. So, you can argue that they got value, but you and I both know, they got nothing.

It's very easy concept. For example, most rockets fans never worried parsons would leave them or that he would get the max deal, than he got the max deal and left. He was one of the key components of bringing Dwight to Houston as well. So, JC can say all that stuff about wanting to stay here, etc, means nothing when money is involved.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Again, you are arguing so many extremes that will be unlikely this summer. But let's move on.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Magic like Jennings and Illaysova, that's why both of them are expiring contracts... Magic basically said, I messed up and time to cut losses and move forward and play Aaron Gordon. So, you can argue that they got value, but you and I both know, they got nothing.

It's very easy concept. For example, most rockets fans never worried parsons would leave them or that he would get the max deal, than he got the max deal and left. He was one of the key components of bringing Dwight to Houston as well. So, JC can say all that stuff about wanting to stay here, etc, means nothing when money is involved.

You do realize that the Magic can still resign Jennings and Illyosova during free agency period right? Resigning them would still be keeping assets from the Harris trade. Plus, Skiles had a play into bringing them in, as they were both coached by him in Milwaukee.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You do realize that the Magic can still resign Jennings and Illyosova during free agency period right? Resigning them would still be keeping assets from the Harris trade. Plus, Skiles had a play into bringing them in, as they were both coached by him in Milwaukee.

Well since they're not assets to HIM, they must not be assets to THEM.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jennings is already reported that he will not resign with Orlando and Magic already have a clustered backcourt that consist of Payton, Oladipo, hezonja, and fourier if he resigns.

Illasoya, can resign, but probably not.

Neither is wanted back by Magic fans as well.

It was basically to start fresh and have cap space. Something that could of been done had they not resigned him in the beginning
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Ilyasova a team option/partial K?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't Ilyasova a team option/partial K?

Team option

8.4million
400k guaranteed money.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jennings is already reported that he will not resign with Orlando and Magic already have a clustered backcourt that consist of Payton, Oladipo, hezonja, and fourier if he resigns.

It was basically to start fresh and have cap space. Something that could of been done had they not resigned him in the beginning

As for Jennings:
Quote:
Steve Kyler: Brandon Jennings would like to stay – have not talked to Ersan about it – always comes down to money. twitter.com/MicahSharon201…

And just because the fans don't want a player, it doesn't mean the FO doesn't want that player. That's clearly been exhibited by the Lakers' situation this year with the coach. Why would FO's listen to fan input of roleplayers?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Again, you are arguing so many extremes that will be unlikely this summer. But let's move on.

One note relentless histrionic arguments might be one reason he got banned a month ago.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

One note relentless histrionic arguments might be one reason he got banned a month ago.

Well then.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As for Jennings:
Quote:
Steve Kyler: Brandon Jennings would like to stay – have not talked to Ersan about it – always comes down to money. twitter.com/MicahSharon201…

And just because the fans don't want a player, it doesn't mean the FO doesn't want that player. That's clearly been exhibited by the Lakers' situation this year with the coach. Why would FO's listen to fan input of roleplayers?

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/241673/2016-Offseason-Preview-Orlando-Magic

The final free agent, Brandon Jennings, is in a bit of an odd situation. Several teams could use a starting PG this summer, so Jennings may have opportunity to land a lead role elsewhere. However, Jennings is comfortable with Skiles and he’s a veteran leader at this point for a developing roster. If Jennings was to return to Orlando, he could even start while Payton is allowed to come off the bench and lead the second unit. Ultimately, the chance to start will likely win out and Jennings will probably move on.

Ersan Ilyasova, the backup PF who was acquired in the Harris trade, is firmly on the roster bubble. He’s on a partially guaranteed contract and the Magic can save $8 million dollars if they waive him by July 1st. The opportunity to add that much cap space is likely too good for Orlando to pass up, and they can always bring Ilyasova, a Skiles favorite, back later if the opportunity is still there.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well then.

Omar yo. Omar comin'.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As for Jennings:
Quote:

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/241673/2016-Offseason-Preview-Orlando-Magic

The final free agent, Brandon Jennings, is in a bit of an odd situation. Several teams could use a starting PG this summer, so Jennings may have opportunity to land a lead role elsewhere. However, Jennings is comfortable with Skiles and he’s a veteran leader at this point for a developing roster. If Jennings was to return to Orlando, he could even start while Payton is allowed to come off the bench and lead the second unit. Ultimately, the chance to start will likely win out and Jennings will probably move on.

Ersan Ilyasova, the backup PF who was acquired in the Harris trade, is firmly on the roster bubble. He’s on a partially guaranteed contract and the Magic can save $8 million dollars if they waive him by July 1st. The opportunity to add that much cap space is likely too good for Orlando to pass up, and they can always bring Ilyasova, a Skiles favorite, back later if the opportunity is still there.

So are you changing your argument to at least concede that the Magic can keep Ilaysova (who they traded for) if they want to...and get value from him as opposed to getting 0 for letting Tobias walk?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As for Jennings:
Quote:

So are you changing your argument to at least concede that the Magic can keep Ilaysova (who they traded for) if they want to...and get value from him as opposed to getting 0 for letting Tobias walk?

Thats from the article, not me.

Also, it basically says that Jennings is a longshot and that sova could stay, but with the option of wiping out 8 million from the books is too much to past up
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As for Jennings:
Quote:

That's written by an NBA analyst versus a report saying he'd like to stay, but it'd depend on how much money he'd get.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Also, it basically says that Jennings is a longshot and that sova could stay, but with the option of wiping out 8 million from the books is too much to past up

Well you're also discounting that although they didn't make the playoffs, they viewed Jennings/Ilaysova as possible pieces to help them make the playoffs...

versus letting Tobias walk for nothing.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As for Jennings:
Quote:

That's written by an NBA analyst versus a report saying he'd like to stay, but it'd depend on how much money he'd get.

WHat?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Well you're also discounting that although they didn't make the playoffs, they viewed Jennings/Ilaysova as possible pieces to help them make the playoffs...

That's the bs they said, sort of like how we said we are not tanking, when in reality we were tanking
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

That's the bs they said, sort of like how we said we are not tanking, when in reality we were tanking

Ok formerly banned member. Later.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 370, 371, 372 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 371 of 685
Jump to: