Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
WHat?

The article you cited is an opinion piece, versus the citation of a reporter, stating that Jennings wants to stay, it just depends on how much money he gets.
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Thats from the article, not me.

Also, it basically says that Jennings is a longshot and that sova could stay, but with the option of wiping out 8 million from the books is too much to past up

Well you're also discounting that although they didn't make the playoffs, they viewed Jennings/Ilaysova as possible pieces to help them make the playoffs...

versus letting Tobias walk for nothing.

That's the bs they said, sort of like how we said we are not tanking, when in reality we were tanking

Ok formerly banned member. Later.

It's too bad all the nonsense you post is mostly wrong.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Thats from the article, not me.

Also, it basically says that Jennings is a longshot and that sova could stay, but with the option of wiping out 8 million from the books is too much to past up

Well you're also discounting that although they didn't make the playoffs, they viewed Jennings/Ilaysova as possible pieces to help them make the playoffs...

versus letting Tobias walk for nothing.

That's the bs they said, sort of like how we said we are not tanking, when in reality we were tanking

Ok formerly banned member. Later.

It's too bad all the nonsense you post is mostly wrong.

Except the banning part. See ya younin'
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
https://twitter.com/UpdateJenner/status/721156142613798912?lang=en
kikanga im so sorry

(bleep) ! My homie really wants that Kardashian curse.

who has gotten a kardashian curse messing with kendall?

Any successful athlete that messes with Kris Jenner's private parts, or messes with someone who has come out of Kris Jenner's private parts is tainted.

Clarkson needs an intervention with Lamar Odom, Kris Humphries, and James Harden. If Caitlin can get a hold of Bruce as well for the meeting, that would help.

she has dated nick jonas, harry styles, even said to have talked to michael b. jordan... I think justin bieber too. so how were they affected by this so called "kardashian" curse? that's why I asked "who has gotten a kardashian curse messing with kendall?" because from my memory, noone has being with kendall, the normal one of them all; maybe you could fill me in on kendall's boyfriends having a curse...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Why not? Playoff teams do that all the time.
You rather we overpay JC a 4 year deal and get screwed over in the years we are going to compete in year 3 and 4? He is an "asset" because he scores points on a bad team?

If we didn't have JC this season, do you really think our record would be better?

You match it b/c by the time we hit years 3 and 4, Lakers will already be over the cap. If he's a disaster then (I doubt it) there may be an amnesty clause. At worst you stretch/waive him.

JC is an asset. Tobias Harris is an asset. They get re-signed and traded if things don't work out.

And the team that resigned Harris didn't make the playoffs and let him go for nothing. Bad teams make bad decisions.

We should take a note on how the NFL teams do

Sigh. What exactly is your point? That we're not re-signing JC and letting him walk for nothing?

Point is, if he gets a lucrative offer, we should let him walk.

Which is why I said we should of traded him this season to potentially get back assets...

Re-sign JC for $7-8 mil and that $7-8 mil gets better assets than $845,000 would this year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

7. wrote:
The Logo wrote:
7. wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Again, you argue simultaneously that JC is terrible for us but yet some team is going to max him out.

Then you discount the fact that while you may disagree about what the Magic got for Tobias, they may have actually liked Jennings/Ilaysova (i.e. got relative value in return instead of letting Tobias leave for nothing).

This will be my last say in the matter as you keep on changing the argument and using extreme examples.

Magic like Jennings and Illaysova, that's why both of them are expiring contracts... Magic basically said, I messed up and time to cut losses and move forward and play Aaron Gordon. So, you can argue that they got value, but you and I both know, they got nothing.

It's very easy concept. For example, most rockets fans never worried parsons would leave them or that he would get the max deal, than he got the max deal and left. He was one of the key components of bringing Dwight to Houston as well. So, JC can say all that stuff about wanting to stay here, etc, means nothing when money is involved.

You do realize that the Magic can still resign Jennings and Illyosova during free agency period right? Resigning them would still be keeping assets from the Harris trade. Plus, Skiles had a play into bringing them in, as they were both coached by him in Milwaukee.

Jennings is already reported that he will not resign with Orlando and Magic already have a clustered backcourt that consist of Payton, Oladipo, hezonja, and fourier if he resigns.

Illasoya, can resign, but probably not.

Neither is wanted back by Magic fans as well.

It was basically to start fresh and have cap space. Something that could of been done had they not resigned him in the beginning

It was a cap space deal and they hope to use that space to chase Horford.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
kikanga im so sorry

Any successful athlete that messes with Kris Jenner's private parts, or messes with someone who has come out of Kris Jenner's private parts is tainted.

Clarkson needs an intervention with Lamar Odom, Kris Humphries, and James Harden. If Caitlin can get a hold of Bruce as well for the meeting, that would help.

she has dated nick jonas, harry styles, even said to have talked to michael b. jordan... I think justin bieber too. so how were they affected by this so called "kardashian" curse? that's why I asked "who has gotten a kardashian curse messing with kendall?" because from my memory, noone has being with kendall, the normal one of them all; maybe you could fill me in on kendall's boyfriends having a curse...

It's known their curse affects Athletes.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
kikanga im so sorry

There's a rumor that she's also banging her sister's ex, Scott Dickis (sp?)
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:26 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
kikanga im so sorry

There's a rumor that she's also banging her sister's ex, Scott Dickis (sp?)

scott disick* that's wrong if it's true, but I wouldn't believe that. it seems like they are always trying to attach kendall to something; she's not like her sisters, so it's hard to come up with a juicy story concerning her. leave it up to gossip sites, she's dating someone every week lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

Is it asking too much to keep this a basketball thread and keep the GD TMZ trash in Off Topic?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 18s19 seconds ago
Walton on Clarkson: "He’s another active athlete. He’s constantly in attack mode, which is what you want." Walton likes his work ethic too.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 18s19 seconds ago
Walton on Clarkson: "He’s another active athlete. He’s constantly in attack mode, which is what you want." Walton likes his work ethic too.

I have a feeling Clarkson would thrive in Walton's offense, its the defense that is more of a concern, hopefully Walton's staff can help him there. If not he could play the Barbosa role for us depending on who we get in the free agency market.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
John Wall was in attendance for the dinner after accepting an invitation from USA Today. Along the way, he briefly met and posed for a photo alongside model Kendall Jenner. Jenner is the daughter of former Olympic decathlete Caitlyn Jenner (formerly known as Bruce), and part of the Kardashian family. So, she was once Kris Humphries’ sister in law.

– via Bullets Forever

Is JC still with her?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject:

Breaking Down Jordan Clarkson’s Offensive Strengths

Quote:
Coming off of an improbable rookie year that saw him garner a spot on the All-Rookie First Team lineup, Los Angeles Lakers’ guard, Jordan Clarkson, continued to show improvement in his second year for the Purple and Gold.

Averaging 17.3 points per game on a relatively efficient 43.3 percent shooting, Clarkson showed that he has the ability to man down the starting shooting guard spot for the foreseeable future.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/05/04/lakers-jordan-clarkson-video-analysis-offensive-strengths-and-weaknesses/
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject:

if he asks for too much (like over 8 mil/year) then let him walk. his game does not translate into winning basketball because he plays iso too much, and he's defense was surprisingly bad given his size and athleticism as a shooting guard.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
if he asks for too much (like over 8 mil/year) then let him walk. his game does not translate into winning basketball because he plays iso too much, and he's defense was surprisingly bad given his size and athleticism as a shooting guard.

lol. The Lakers aren't letting Clarkson "walk". Especially not for $9 or $10 mil. They'll take that and run. Wait until you see this summer's contracts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

lol. The Lakers aren't letting Clarkson "walk". Especially not for $9 or $10 mil. They'll take that and run. Wait until you see this summer's contracts.

Or they let him take the QO and become a RFA next summer when the cap rises again...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

He plays iso too much b3cause that's what the scheme induced.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That's my guess, that all of our players will look a little different next year. Last year, Clarkson did exactly what Byron's offense called for, iso.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yup. Guys are pigeonholing our young guys, particular JC and JR, too much. I think JC will look great in a motion offense. His game is well suited to a read and react offense where the offense creates great looks and doesn't rely so much on the 1-on-1 ability of the player.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
I think his market value will be 12m. They won't let him walk and everyone on the team was awful defensively. Byron's scheme was more iso, no ball movement playing alongside vets.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject:

Just to get some perspective, in pretty much every single one of our QFTOS threads, the fans of the other teams said they wanted to get Clarkson in the offseason. So his market value will probably be high
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

All he can get from another team the first two years is the MLE, so I can't see the Lakers offering much more than that.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

I am expecting a 4 years 8-10 mil per year type of deal.

He's RFA so it won't be until many other players have already been signed
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
kikanga wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
kikanga im so sorry

See the bolded.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 372 of 685
Jump to: