Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Roon wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
If the Lakers are going to play Golden State style ball, they need good 3 pt shooters.

Do you guys consider Jordan Clarkson a good three point shooter?

Do you think he can improve his 3 ball much more?

This past season, he seemed to have improved his 3 from his rookie season but he seemed inconsistent.

there were games where he would get like 3 or 4 3 pointers in a row in the first quarter the cool off the rest of the game.

yes, he definitely has the potential. The only thing is that out of the 3 young guys (Nance is a back up at this point), Russell is the better PG of the 2 and Randle solidifies himself at the 4. JC then has to play the 2 which he is a little undersized
JC is the most expendable trade chip we have and I won't be surprised if Lakers move him for a vet star

Why would anyone trade a vet star for JC?

If you can't trade your star for equal value then you look for potential/promising young player.
ex: K.Love for Wiggins/anthony bennett
Melo for Gallinary + multiple picks

Both trades included more than one asset. I don't know if the Cavs wanted Bennet or he was a dump, but their was also a 1st included in teh trade. In addition to the picks, the Gallinari trade also consisted of Mosgov, Wilson Chandler, and Felton.

So I have two points I guess. One is that Clarkson isn't as good as Gallinari nor Wiggins, and the second is neither of those players were the only part of the deal. So if we were to trade for a vet star, we would need to include another trade chip, and any of our players not as good as Clarkson wouldn't sweeten the deal enough to get it done.

So if we were to include someone else it wouldn't be Clarkson and DLO, or Clarkson and the pick, or Clarkson and Randle, it would be DLO and Clarkosn, Top 3 pick and Clarkson or Randle and Clarkson.

Although some people here might think Clarkson>Randle, I'd bet Randle would get a better return than Clarkson if both were traded straight up.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
governator wrote:
Roon wrote:
governator wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:
If the Lakers are going to play Golden State style ball, they need good 3 pt shooters.

Do you guys consider Jordan Clarkson a good three point shooter?

Do you think he can improve his 3 ball much more?

This past season, he seemed to have improved his 3 from his rookie season but he seemed inconsistent.

there were games where he would get like 3 or 4 3 pointers in a row in the first quarter the cool off the rest of the game.

yes, he definitely has the potential. The only thing is that out of the 3 young guys (Nance is a back up at this point), Russell is the better PG of the 2 and Randle solidifies himself at the 4. JC then has to play the 2 which he is a little undersized
JC is the most expendable trade chip we have and I won't be surprised if Lakers move him for a vet star

Why would anyone trade a vet star for JC?

If you can't trade your star for equal value then you look for potential/promising young player.
ex: K.Love for Wiggins/anthony bennett
Melo for Gallinary + multiple picks

Both trades included more than one asset. I don't know if the Cavs wanted Bennet or he was a dump, but their was also a 1st included in teh trade. In addition to the picks, the Gallinari trade also consisted of Mosgov, Wilson Chandler, and Felton.

So I have two points I guess. One is that Clarkson isn't as good as Gallinari nor Wiggins, and the second is neither of those players were the only part of the deal. So if we were to trade for a vet star, we would need to include another trade chip, and any of our players not as good as Clarkson wouldn't sweeten the deal enough to get it done.

So if we were to include someone else it wouldn't be Clarkson and DLO, or Clarkson and the pick, or Clarkson and Randle, it would be DLO and Clarkosn, Top 3 pick and Clarkson or Randle and Clarkson.

Although some people here might think Clarkson>Randle, I'd bet Randle would get a better return than Clarkson if both were traded straight up.

Yes, it would be something that the F.O has to negotiate. Whether sending 1 or 2 or even 3 of our young prospects, or taking back salary as a dump or future picks but it doesn't necessarily means that the F.O. can't trade JC with fillers/future picks alone (not involving DLo/Randle).
My point is that out of the three guys, DLo and Randle looks like they're the obvious starting PG/PF while JC can be debated if he's gonna start at the SG, 6th man or even PG (i don't think Lakers see him as better PG than Russell) thus the most likely trade chip
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Oh now it's Galinaris turn to
Get overrated lol Mr 50
CaCHooKa_Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Working out after midnight

https://streamable.com/4yar
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Would the Lakers trade JC for Kevin Love?

To be fair, the question should be, would the Lakers trade JC and 2013-2014 David Lee for Kevin Love?

Just a reminder, Lee averaged 18/9 that season.

Also keep in mind that, that was a 24 year old Thompson in his 4th year. JC is 23 going on his 3rd year. Obviously JC is not the player Thompson is, (Thompson was a lottery pick) its still not a fair comparison.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject:

CaCHooKa_Man wrote:

His work ethic is off the charts. Looking forward to him having a great season next year.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

CaCHooKa_Man wrote:

... in the Laker's practice facility.

Keep up the good work, JC!!!!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

Easily the hardest working laker now that Kobe is gone. He's here for the long haul, I'd like to see the lakers draft Kay fielder to solidify the backcourt for 10 + years. We need someone that can guard the smaller guards, pick up 94 feet and facilitate in order to move dlo off the ball when clarkson sits.

Russell/fielder
Clarkson

Would be a beastly back court
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

You can't teach work ethic. You either have it or you don't. Clarkson has it and its a big reason he's going to have a great career.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
You can't teach work ethic. You either have it or you don't. Clarkson has it and its a big reason he's going to have a great career.

He is a talented and hard work player. Learning some defensive principles and being willing to take some contact to draw fouls may place him among a select group of players.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

According to some here his Max is a 6th man on a championship team.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Agree, I think that JC has a very good motor and work ethic. Obviously he has worked hard to become a starter after being drafted in second round. However, considering he went through 4 years of college and now 2 years of the NBA, why the heck is not a good defender?

He has a great motor, he can run all day. He should be a very pesky defender. I am completely baffled by this hole in his game and I hope that Luke can get through to him. We need a 2 way player at that position and he can be that guy for us (mainly so we don't have to overpay D-Roz $25 mil per season) PLAY D JC! Please!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

According to some here his Max is a 6th man on a championship team.

I don't think anybody said his max is a 6th man. There's been debate for next season if he can be a PG, SG, 6th man or if he is the best trade chip we have out of the young guys
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

CaCHooKa_Man wrote:

And yet every trade discussion involves Clarkson, even though he'd have to agree to a sign and trade. Great form on his 3's and great video! Can't wait to see him and the rest of the Lakers next season. Thanks!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
CaCHooKa_Man wrote:

And yet every trade discussion involves Clarkson, even though he'd have to agree to a sign and trade. Great form on his 3's and great video! Can't wait to see him and the rest of the Lakers next season. Thanks!

most likely a product of their age. JC is the oldest out of JC/Russ/Jules and everybody's got 2 years worth of JC to evaluate vs just 1. All three are not untouchable, there will always be trade scenarios until they've proven to be untouchable
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject:

What are u guys expecting JC to get in terms of next contract? Perhaps lakers will only offer him the max he can get from other teams? I think it is like 5mil for first 2 years and like 20+ for last 2 years. I'm hoping we can get him for a smooth 10/mil year for 5 years. Is that possible?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
What are u guys expecting JC to get in terms of next contract? Perhaps lakers will only offer him the max he can get from other teams? I think it is like 5mil for first 2 years and like 20+ for last 2 years. I'm hoping we can get him for a smooth 10/mil year for 5 years. Is that possible?

there's so much money aka seller's market right now, someone will offer him that 'max' but that $20mil wont hurt as much as it sounds in 2018/19. We should def match
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

Clarkson under normal circumstances would be eligible for a maximum-salary deal that starts at a projected $20.4MM next season. Offer sheets in such a circumstance could cover four years with 4.5% raises, so the total value of the contract would be $87.108MM, based on that $20.4MM projection. However, the Arenas provision reduces the total value an offer sheet could cover to $56,893,260, again based on that $20.4MM max projection. Clarkson couldn’t make more than the mid-level in the first season and a 4.5% raise on the mid-level in the second season, and he’d be limited in year three — the year that the Arenas provision allows a massive raise — to no more than he could make in year three on a standard offer sheet. Here’s how the maximum Arenas provision offer sheet to Clarkson would break down:

Year 1 — $5,628,000
Year 2 — $5,881,260
Year 3 — $22,236,000
Year 4 — $23,148,000
Total — $56,893,260

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/12/glossary-gilbert-arenas-provision.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Clarkson under normal circumstances would be eligible for a maximum-salary deal that starts at a projected $20.4MM next season. Offer sheets in such a circumstance could cover four years with 4.5% raises, so the total value of the contract would be $87.108MM, based on that $20.4MM projection. However, the Arenas provision reduces the total value an offer sheet could cover to $56,893,260, again based on that $20.4MM max projection. Clarkson couldn’t make more than the mid-level in the first season and a 4.5% raise on the mid-level in the second season, and he’d be limited in year three — the year that the Arenas provision allows a massive raise — to no more than he could make in year three on a standard offer sheet. Here’s how the maximum Arenas provision offer sheet to Clarkson would break down:

Year 1 — $5,628,000
Year 2 — $5,881,260
Year 3 — $22,236,000
Year 4 — $23,148,000
Total — $56,893,260

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/12/glossary-gilbert-arenas-provision.html

mods, can you sticky this and all other pertinent salary facts
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

I don't see a team offering a max deal to JC.

Most teams realize that JC is an asset to the Lakers that would be matched under the Arenas provision.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Most teams realize that JC is an asset to the Lakers that would be matched under the Arenas provision.

i don't know man, it's like Barnes, some team will gamble (maybe even us). JC is an even cheaper gamble
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

i don't know man, it's like Barnes, some team will gamble (maybe even us). JC is an even cheaper gamble
nah, no one is going to offer him max. It doesn't make sense as mentioned a million times.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And he's a less proven player who hasn't played in the playoffs. Plus Barnes is a traditional RFA and if the Warriors get KD, may actually be attainable (though if we draft Ingram I don't see why we break the bank for a SF).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

nah, no one is going to offer him max. It doesn't make sense as mentioned a million times.

yeah, you're prob right (i'm hoping smooth signing with JC). Just thinking that all the teams (especially the bad ones) will have enough money to max JC and not that many stars FA this summer
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And he's a less proven player who hasn't played in the playoffs. Plus Barnes is a traditional RFA and if the Warriors get KD, may actually be attainable (though if we draft Ingram I don't see why we break the bank for a SF).

true, Ingram can play 3/4 like Barnes. Once we strike out on superstars, focus will be a C and prob still Droz to be featured
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 377 of 685
Jump to: