VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0lNBcTkssWA

Warning: only watch if prepared to hurt

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

10 years ago, I'm called to the ICU for a code 99. As I arrive, I see a young, well dressed Asian man sitting outside the room, head in hands. Quickly assess the situation. 28 year old woman who was 8 months pregnant with first child one week before the time of this encounter. Started to have chest pain, went to an outlying hospital and was having a heart attack. Sent to our facility and she codes on the cath table. Stat C-section performed, child dies soon thereafter.

The woman now has a terrible heart and has coded several times in the past few days. She's on triple pressors and an aortic balloon pump. She's coding but there's nothing left to do.

I find out that her husband is a physician as well. I go outside the room while the nurses are doing CPR. I ask him what he'd like me to do, continue or not. He says "Let her go, let he be with our baby."

I went down to the ER and cried, then I called my wife and she cried too.

Life is precious. Never forget to tell the ones you love that you do. And do it as often as you can.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

C M B stated truth. KBCB's post caused me to tear.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

I won't even click the link. This kind of stuff wrecks me.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Thank you CMB for posting this. I was going to but figure people were tired of too many touchy feely posts from me.

I read this a few nights ago and that man is truly a Hero of the Heart. I didn't watch the video.. His gratitude for life is very powerful.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:

10 years ago, I'm called to the ICU for a code 99. As I arrive, I see a young, well dressed Asian man sitting outside the room, head in hands. Quickly assess the situation. 28 year old woman who was 8 months pregnant with first child one week before the time of this encounter. Started to have chest pain, went to an outlying hospital and was having a heart attack. Sent to our facility and she codes on the cath table. Stat C-section performed, child dies soon thereafter.

The woman now has a terrible heart and has coded several times in the past few days. She's on triple pressors and an aortic balloon pump. She's coding but there's nothing left to do.

I find out that her husband is a physician as well. I go outside the room while the nurses are doing CPR. I ask him what he'd like me to do, continue or not. He says "Let her go, let he be with our baby."

Life is precious. Never forget to tell the ones you love that you do. And do it as often as you can.

damn, the feels.

thanks for sharing.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

What's coded mean Cliffy?
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
I won't even click the link. This kind of stuff wrecks me.
Yep, i cant even do it! The curiosity in me wants too, but my brain is saying dont do it stupid.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

code = code blue = patient has stopped breathing/is going into cardiac arrest and needs resuscitation. In the movies, that's the scene at the hospital where everyone drops what they're doing and rushes into a room and starts CPR + defib

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

Damn dude. I can't imagine . . .
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

Giving me flashbacks to when I worked in the ER. 100% truth.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

Which is why I could never work as a physician, let alone click on the link.

Human suffering makes me bleed.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

Click the link. It's painful yet oddly comforting. A person whose joy is about to be crushed is making music.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

Click the link. It's painful yet oddly comforting. A person whose joy is about to be crushed is making music.

I couldn't do it.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

code = code blue = patient has stopped breathing/is going into cardiac arrest and needs resuscitation. In the movies, that's the scene at the hospital where everyone drops what they're doing and rushes into a room and starts CPR + defib

Ah. Sheet.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VIDEO - Man sings Blackbird to dying infant son after wife dies

C M B wrote:

Damn
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject:

That is so sad, I don't even know what to say. My thoughts go out to that man...no one should have to go through that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: